-
Posts
1,664 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by JanAndersen
-
Yes I think you’re right. Depending on the limit a few riders between 5.00 and 7.00 averages could struggle for a team next year.
-
Not sure our team building would fit him in but he was very assured round Armadale this season. I'd take him in the Monarchs team.
-
Oh good we’re back to this again…… The promoters chose to go to the press with details of the proposed new stadium in a bid to garner support from the local and wider speedway community. At no point did they suggest it was ‘in the bag’. Speedway at Armadale in 2023 was far from assured when the farewell meeting was staged. Cancelling it and then the extension falling through would have been more foolish.
-
Great point. They should abandon plans for next season for this very reason. So many mugs in speedway it’s unreal.
-
They can keep mine thanks. It was the Scottish Open/Farewell to Armadale. Pre-meeting the tone had changed and I think everyone who was there or supported the meeting realised it might not be the end and are now very thankful it isn’t.
-
Blobby’s team will be close I think. Thomsen or Sedgmen the choice.
-
I would be surprised if that was the case.
-
It’s obviously a balance. People support a team at the end of the day though and if they get pumped every week even if the racing is good they’re not going to flock back.
-
Not how they don’t. It is open to all. I think over all it’ll increase revenue but no doubt they’ll have lost a bit of gate money.
-
I wouldn’t be against it tbh however can’t see Edinburgh being part of it given the connections.
-
Time for a breakaway league. :-)
-
The language used when talking about returning to Armadale has softened. I’m pretty sure it’ll happen.
-
Masters with Cook (if we assume as rumoured Pickering is away) uses up about 50% of the points available. Would be a big gamble.
-
Yes absolutely agree however they’ll have had a word with riders on the quiet I’m pretty sure.
-
I’m with you. I’d now be more surprised if we didn’t run at Armadale in 2023. Decent point on Paco. Hadn’t quite clocked his average was so low. Reflects his inconsistency I suppose. Running with Sam gives us such a long tail but there will be a few teams going that way next season. Might be a tough gig trying to get a team as a 6.00-7.00 rider.
-
Is Cook an Edinburgh asset still?
-
Your reading is worse than your maths
-
Haven’t seen it confirmed? I’m sure he’ll stick to his verbal commitment though…..
-
Ever the optimist….. If the rumoured limits are correct I can’t see a world that an Edinburgh team could fit Masters in sadly. With that in mind I’d be keeping Josh and speaking with Ritchie Worrall or Cookie. In the lower end of the team I’d be keeping Hook and probably giving Lee Complin a run at reserve if he fancied it. The middle order is tough and if you go with a 7.00 rider like Sedgmen or Thomson then your second strings are 4.00 riders really. Positivity only on this thread btw…..
-
So seven riders different one of which was there for about a fortnight. It’s essentially about one better rider per team.
-
The PL is “Up”? Debatable
-
What’s the thinking with Cook? Always get the feeling he’s on the brink of chucking it tbh.