Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Wardey

Members
  • Posts

    88
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wardey

  1. Good to see Broc and Drew ok after that crash. Edinburgh missed there chances, most of them only turned up after heat 8 and searching for that wide line when the inside was working after the grade. A nicely poised 2 nd leg in prospect
  2. If it isn’t then please enlighten. I know Trusts can operate differently pending on circumstances and wishes etc. Unfortunately I won’t be there, I would like to, but I live in Glasgow, so logistics would be an issue, especially when the bar is within easy reach lol. I am keen to donate and contribute, and I am on all the necessary social channels for the club and look forward to hearing the next steps and outcome from the meeting. Keep up the good work THJ
  3. In its basic form…it will hold money (donated by fans) for the purpose of the speedway club. The speedway club can request funds and must give a purpose and sufficient rationale for the funds. The Trust can also have a say in what the funds are to be used for.
  4. Yes, they do have a successful business which they admit does back up the club (as per latest podcast of No Brakes No Fear which is always worth a listen). I feel this is the way forward and promoters do have other businesses and empires behind them. You can always compare marketing, especially the free channels. But not the budget.
  5. A lot has been mentioned here about the money involved in running speedway. It is purely on this basis that I believe Newcastle will not run next year. You simply have to look at the Financial Accounts on companies house for previous years to see the figures/ losses involved. What gets me is that previous owners must have known about the tax situation, so in my opinion Granty taking over the club only delayed the inevitable as he did try to make a go of things. His business style reflects his riding style, and I have nothing but admiration for the man for what he has done. I would be interested in a fan based donation if one was set up. For my sins ( I say in jest before the snowflakes appear) I live in Glasgow, so have witnessed what the Facennas et al have done (albeit from a distance). One thing I have noticed and admired is the marketing of Glasgow. Various posters, billboards dotted around the city clearly advertising the speedway. I don’t see the same overt advertising around Newcastle….(I stand to be corrected however) but is this something the club has missed? Also Glasgow have a Facebook page in Polish for the Polish community of Glasgow. My point is… has Newcastle missed a trick somewhere? Or has it been a case of fighting other fires from day one and the inevitable was going to happen? If money was always going to be tight, then why was a NL side set up at the beginning? (Note this is not a criticism but a genuine question as I do not know the inner workings and figures of running a speedway outfit). Lastly..did anyone else find the track walk an emotional experience? One minute walking around in awe of being on the track & thinking about the legendary names who have graced the very shale you are walking on…the next moment realising why you are there.
  6. Where can you buy any Team GB merchandise?
  7. Wheres the money coming from? Both sports are chalk and cheese in alot of aspects
  8. And a few handicap races never go amiss when properly planned.... Yes yes yes!
  9. Deano, as you have made meaningful suggestions, I feel it is fair to quote you. Only 3 riders per team?? How many laps do you think. I like your suggestion, but wondering how you would extend the meeting (timewise) so that fans get a good day out for x number of hours. I totally agree with the opening of the mikes, makes people feel part of the game/meeting. Rugby does it well & even cricket when the fielders are mike'd up....however could you guarantee clean language? lol Did anyone listen to Ian Brannan's podcast with Phil Lanning? Phil set out a number of ( imo excellent points) to boost the profile of speedway.
  10. Hope so. More teams, more choice, virtually the same riders, something different. I recall a few years ago Sky 'took the plunge' and covered 2nd tier speedway & the racing/entertainment value was far superior.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy