Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Tinker

Members
  • Posts

    330
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Tinker last won the day on January 17 2025

Tinker had the most liked content!

Previous Fields

  • Gender
    Male
  • Age
    61

Profile Information

  • Team
    Belle Vue

Recent Profile Visitors

2,361 profile views

Tinker's Achievements

Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

  • Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

395

Reputation

  1. As a neutral I thought last night's meeting was a great advert for speedway. Maybe not much in the way of passing but plenty of incidents, controversy etc. Isn't this what we all want? Provided lots of debate, talking points as this thread has clearly shown. Was actually rooting for Scunthorpe and I have to hold my hand up and admit I was one of those who thought they had no chance at the beginning of the season. So well done to them and a fab effort. Poole do what Poole do and all credit to them for that. Very professional outfit, large raucous crowd and riders seem to love being in their team. In reality, Scunthorpe were the losers but the winner in my view was definitely speedway.
  2. By "hook" or by crook Scunthorpe could win this. Need to start off like the proverbial train and get the Pirates rattled early doors. 😉
  3. Think you're getting mixed up with Jody Scott Phil. He's from the Kings Lynn area, Hunstanton I believe.
  4. Oh come on, are you for real. Total nonsense.
  5. I have no problems with Ipswich staging a GP at all. Quite refreshing in actual fact. I was never a fan of the two GP's back to back at BV, I understand the lack of capacity and cost element etc but thought it was a bit daft. Admittedly, the track is awesome though. Ipswich has a much bigger capacity and hopefully will be a sell out. I'm sure those in charge will do the work that needs to be done. People are saying it's in the sticks/middle of nowhere but aren't the Swedish locations similar? A great climax to this year's GP series but generally the whole thing has become stale and any new track like Ipswich or Glasgow should be welcomed to mix things up and rekindle interest.
  6. Think my point was proved with last nights performance. I like Jason Edwards and seems a very approachable guy but it's not as though he's new on the scene. Been around a few years now and needs to gain more consistency. Don't buy all that rich parents stuff, if you're good enough you're good enough.
  7. Even so, JL has to have three rides so Redcar need to capitalise on this. As far as Edwards goes, rather an enigma. Not the sort of rider you can rely on to always deliver the goods.
  8. Redcar need to really get stuck in tonight to make sure they take a good enough lead to Poole on Weds. A lot riding on the shoulders of Mulford, Edwards and Allen. They also need to capitalise on the fact that Lightcap isn't riding which definitely weakens Poole. Come on the Bears!
  9. I was there at the meeting and failed to understand why Ellis wasn't replaced by Brennan. Couldn't have fared any worse so defo worth a try. A strange decision to stick with Ellis in my view.
  10. Wow, that's good going. I'm off there tomorrow with four mates. Should be a great atmosphere. Come on GB though I have a sneaky suspicion they'll come fourth. 🙈
  11. If Northampton race next season (no reason why they won't), I think they should be allocated the British Final. Becoming pretty stale at BV and a new venue, next year at least, is required. Promote it big time with a Wednesday or Saturday meeting and I think it could be a big success.
  12. Just really hope Dan is fit enough to ride in the WTC Final in Warsaw. We're pretty much doomed if he can't. Myself and four mates have all got tickets and at the start of the year things were looking pretty rosy with Ruthless, Dan and a returning Woofie all representing GB.
  13. Couldn't agree more. What a frustrating rider. Just watch him in the first two bends, gives up every time. Can't understand why he still gets a ride and Connor Mountain is just as bad. If they don't gate which is the usual scenario then forget it.
  14. Have to agree with most comments on this thread, a very boring GP. Most of my mates are not into speedway and I sometimes think I should persuade/encourage them to watch a GP on TV and they might even get hooked. Thanks heavens I didn't contact anyone as regards last night! I hate to say this but in a nutshell it was dreadful. The only speedway I seem to get any enjoyment out of at the moment is the Championship League. Lots of variation and riders generally giving it a good go.
  15. One of the riders who could be considered to be the bedrock of British Speedway. Not a good sign when a rider like Kyle decides he's had enough. Oh dear.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy