Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. Twitter "Due to the unavailability of our riders, the club has made a decision to postpone tonight’s meet the riders social event. We apologise for the short notice but we are trying to follow the latest guidelines and public safety advice. This event will be restaged."
  2. Just not fully hit yet - "a pandemic is declared when a new disease for which people do not have immunity spreads around the world beyond expectations." You make a fair point to some extent regarding numbers and disease comparison but I do hit panic and prevention mode from the off, and take note of events and advice, rather than your it'll be ok on the night approach. I'd be more than pleased to be worrying over nothing. Who are Wolves playing tomorrow (I think that you support them?). I assume that you e-mailed Nuno Espirito Santo and told him "christ knows what you'd be like if this was serious" when he and his players were on lockdown ahead of their Europa League last-16 clash and did not attend Uefa’s traditional pre-match press conference.
  3. You only have to look around a read the news to see that you couldn't say that anyway. It's bad now and only going to get worse before it gets better. Premiership will not start on time, if at all.
  4. Interesting. I only ever listen to the Posh on there and I'm out for tea tonight so hopefully someone catches it and reports on what was said, whenever its covered. One assumes that they've caught up with whoever spoke at Neil and will explore "I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January" in terms of why the arrangement was changed so drastically in the first place based on not much in the club notice and why they can't think again and administer a system that has worked fine for a decade or more?
  5. I would have thought that the Peterborough Telegraph and BBC Radio Cambs don't need the speedway at all anyway if the club want to be funny about it. Plenty of other minority local sport to report on. We know that this isn't a golden era for our sport and I wouldn't imagine that the media regulary comes knocking? Also a story from those media outlets explaining that the were not welcome at the club and explaining why would potentially be more damaging for the business of Peterborough Speedway rather than a couple of local media outlets that are unlikely to lose any significant reader or listener numbers on the back of it?
  6. That'll be the Ipswich and 6 fingers fans contributing. Can only apologise for them
  7. Used to be Mark Plummer I think, and probably still is along with others which would probably explain the ET's reluctance to investigate the BB situation. But since "Lyon arrives at the East of England Arena as part of a backroom re-shuffle which sees co-promoter Carl Johnson take on a wider role in club affairs, focusing on commercial activities and the overall running of meetings alongside Colin Pratt." you'd assume that he or someone close has a significant input?
  8. Nope you're reading that right. It's just word play. Technically they haven't excluded anyone from attending but if the promoter's remove a longstanding reasonable adjustment managed by all previous promotions over the last 15/20 years and consequently any of their disabled customers can't attend because of that then that's an exclusion whether they like the term or not!
  9. You're so infuriating at times. That's not a discussion. It's them telling you what they've already said without you questioning it (as you had the perfect opportunity to do what you've just told me to do).
  10. You reverted to the promoter definition of clear though Neil which just points out that they know something that paying customers, or those otherwise affected don't. Clarity and good reasoning can bring people onside and create understanding all round. The club statement that you point to as definitive is neither clear or has good reasoning (that couldn't have been dealt with with less draconian measures), so what bit of "I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined" are we missing because the club statement didn't satisfy you up to the point of your discussion?
  11. If you were throwing at a dartboard you'd hit the wall.
  12. I tend to agree on the exclusion if not the vile, and they can play semantics all they want (thought the tweet might be of interest): Peterborough Panthers Speedway @PboroPanthers (7/2/20) - Replying to @SteveDavey77 Hi Steve we haven’t excluded anybody. Please select your words more carefully. Thank you.
  13. It is what I think until you give me a good reason to think otherwise. You had a spat with Watson on the other thread and showed your ignorance of the issue and no understanding of the reason for the reaction. At no point did you mention this alleged defining private reason not mentioned in public. Who's wasting their time with BBC Cambs or the ET? Both pointless lapdogs in this respect. The choice is indeed mine and hopefully many more choose to stay away and encourage others to do likewise.
  14. Management have been reading the mentalists posts and we have had a reaction sent.
  15. He or she knows no more (probably less) than you or I. He or she is a fantasist. Stick it on ignore and do yourself a favour. Having said that, I've stuck it on ignore but can still see the dwad!
  16. Good point, and hidden disabilities, mental health and/or safety of the individual and the people with them does not always equate to physical pain or obvious visual disabilty that the able bodied and in mind usually need as confirmation of an individual's problems. Peterborough Speedway has understood this for years, from Peter Oakes, Colin Horton, Mick Bratley, Rick Frost, Julie Mahoney, Mick Horton, Neil Watson, Ged Rathbone who all "have over the years made preservations (what the heck are parking preservations?) for internal disabled parking". It's only one, or combination of Chapman, Pratt and Johnson that have decided "unfortunately we cannot carry this on" for allegedly a better reason than that currently in the public domain, and deciding that we will use the official disabled parking that is used at all Showground events. I didn't know such arrangements even existed but that is still by choice anyway because they are in charge of their own parking we are told? Therefore I'd prefer to separate the club itself from "The Peterborough promotion have taken the decision"
  17. It's just a programme filler for them. They're not bothered either way and are not going to work at it or upset their golden goose.
  18. Certainly exceptional to tell people what they could have, and probably did, work out for themselves but the one important question that you know jack about & you claim diplomatic immunity - how about accepting a ban for being a mentalist
  19. It's been head down and hope that it goes away since Jan 28 when the club somewhat backed themselves into a corner, so hard to disagree, but here we are a few days from P&P and what should have been the season opener and the first test of the disabled debacle and it hasn't gone away. The situation can still be saved without losing too much face if they wish. Whether intentional or not, the resident mentalist did raise some interesting mischievous questions last night on the other thread.
  20. True. I'm really looking forward to more of his healing and mobility solutions to help his friends out of their self created hole
  21. So you're saying that the official club statement and public explanation/justification is a pile of cack. If you did know anyone then you'd now be held in the same high regard as you reckon Neil is.
  22. I doubt that if you did know anyone that any explanation would let anyone move on. As for the PM, that is something I do know the answer to.
  23. Indeed I have but can't make head nor tail of "I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January" so if you could advise what detail or reasoning is missing then that would help greatly with everyone's understanding.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy