Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. It certainly is if your a football fan or Sky subscriber. I think that common sense and focus is the phrase that you're looking for.
  2. Horse racing does seem to be one on the few non woke places of Covid sanity these days.
  3. It's gonna be a bit grippy at 7.30. Hope the old boys have had 3 weetabix.
  4. I remember being on the ringroad just past Hampton (a stones throw from the EoES) and it was like a monsoon. Arrived at the Showground a minute or two later and it was bone dry. I'm only ever concerned when there are puddles outside my house and there aren't any which usually means that the track hasn't seen anything significant either.
  5. It's fine but dull. The forecast isn't great but changing and looking much less threatening, although the possible late afternoon downpour would be a slight concern. If there was standing water around I'd say consider giving it a miss but there isn't so depending on what comes down and when I think that it'll probably be ok. Unless the T&Cs have changed at the EoES then the fact that it hasn't been called off at lunchtime suggests that they'll do their best to get it on.
  6. Seems so long ago. When I go I get there early and don't tend to move too much and leave late so always difficult to gauge crowd size. I'm sure that there was a drop off initially and a few regular faces disappeared never to be seen again. Whether that was the drop, Frost/Mahoney going or Horton surfacing again I don't know, although I'd have a guess. A fair few people had been calling for the drop for years because when the top league really was a top league then the lower tier was probably more traditional and sustainable for the club. I just don't associate Poole with second best so would be concerned that some of the fanbase will not have it and also it isn't much of a draw to visitors and/or floaters?
  7. Poole v Berwick in the lower tier isn't particularly normal though for the Manchester Utd of speedway is it. A relaxation may help a little but will it fill those seats? I'd have my doubts.
  8. I can assure you that I've never been to Wolverhampton or any bogs within it. Bad choice of word in the circumstances. Must try harder
  9. Hands, space, face and fresh air - sort of knackers all 4 really.
  10. All seems a bit random. It could be worse. I read the Poole T&Cs for paying to watch and that included a visor on entry if unable to wear a mask! If you've got issues with a mask for a particular reason which you do not need to specify then you could have the same issue with a visor.
  11. Think that we've been quite lucky in that respect at Peterborough. Most have tried their best even if they missed the target. Only real gripe that had to go being Horton's (the Mick version) introduction of the National Anthem. What a pile that was
  12. Yes I agree with the first point. Home riders especially should be told to do a lap. Preferably without some boke waffling along constantly on the PA: yes we can see what's happening thanks! On the second point, if my memory serves me right, the late Craig Hodgson won his first race at the EoES during Rogers' tenure and Rogers stood at the pits gate (or rushed out) and indicated that Craig wasn't coming in to the pits and to jog on for an extra lap
  13. More a case of thanking Covid because make no mistake this would have happened but for the lack of a season's racing. Management were entrenched and blinkered so fortunately they got breathing space and someone more empathetic came on board. Irrespective though, the right decision was made so credit where it's due as you say. Hopefully your wife will have enough good days to allow you both to attend.
  14. It's pretty small beer though to justify that sort contact. Local paper and radio would have been effective enough. Hopefully they'll not be needed if Wealdstone's information becomes reality.
  15. Saves us bringing the thread back up the to the top of the front page so useful in that respect.
  16. "We had a good chat for 10-15 mins" well you were. Seems like a blame deflection agenda to me. It'd be better and taken more seriously if it came from the organ grinder.
  17. I'm not too sure of the relevance of the car park charge? That's a separate issue I don't have a problem with, apart from Colin Horton bringing it in to allegedly cover the clubs SRBF contribution (if my memory serves me right), the charge sticking and subsequently seemingly just being subsumed in to running costs. Also worth noting is the Blue Badge shake up 2019 to take in hidden disabilities. Wheelchairs and disability naturally have always seemed to go together but the criteria is somewhat wider these days covering all manner of physical and mental health issues. Anyway, my last post on the matter. Noodles must be doing his nut
  18. The club have made no secret in the past of where the trouble lies regarding parking so I’m not buying silence and taking the rap this time. Of course nobody wants to make things difficult but ill-conceived and rushed decisions often have that effect. As far as we know, the landlord delegates parking to individual events and if the said event has the organisation and capacity for internal parking then they could use it? Don’t really get the last bit. Disabled concessions are about making things easier not more difficult. Whether anyone can possibly go that extra mile occasionally shouldn’t come into it. A very admirable defence of Buster. Not seen too many of those but good to see.
  19. Taking the EoES out of it because it was a club decision to remove a working system that had been in place for the best part of 20 seasons for their disabled customers, here's the potential discrimination for you to see: - indirect discrimination - putting rules or arrangements in place that apply to everyone, but that put someone with a protected characteristic (ie disability) at an unfair disadvantage. It has to be said that they are probably legally entitled to do what they've done with good justification (not that I'm sure that it'd be a legal matter anyway?). I doubt that their current explanation would win the day if it ever came to that, which it will not. I remember Jim Lynch threatening to take the EoES to court when Mercer arrived at the EoES as CEO and threw the disabled out. That probably put the rent up a few hundred quid. If the club are happy to take the hit of losing paying customers and resulting poor public relations at this time in particular then more fool them perhaps!
  20. Well as they've got a plan of sorts now, although a season as proposed is unlikely, here is some education for them on this topic regarding new rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55221474
  21. Peterborough Panthers Speedway@PboroPanthers Sep 7 EVENT | Young Driver Peterborough will be at the East of England Arena on Saturday September 26. On arrival at the East of England Showground please follow the main road around to Gate 17, turn left and immediately left again at Gate 14. Parking on-site and is free for all customers. Once parked, it is short walk to the reception area. Please following the Young Driver signage. There are also some disabled parking spaces. Site is floodlit.
  22. Good: " there are no verifiable statistics on the ultimate fate of Greyhounds who survive racing but are disposed of each year when injured or no longer competitive."
  23. Short air fences coming off the turn do seem quite common these days but that one looked a bag short at least and an accident waiting to happen, as it proved. Instead of taking out a fence panel with his back after just missing the air fence he should have had a much softer, albeit relatively heavy having bailed out at speed, landing.
  24. I got caught out by this when I tried to suspend my BT subscription at the same time as Skysports. They (Sky) said ok they would do that but the BT bills kept coming. I phoned BT to ask why because I said that I'd suspended BT Sports through Sky but they didn't explain that my BT Sports wasn't actually anything to do with Sky. They did suspend the account although I've now cancelled their more expensive £29.99 account because I can do it through Sky for £25 if needed.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy