Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

FAST GATER

Members
  • Posts

    1,716
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Previous Fields

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

3,372 profile views

FAST GATER's Achievements

Proficient

Proficient (10/14)

  • Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1.1k

Reputation

  1. That may well be a contributory factor ( he committed a crime and should be punished accordingly ) whilst you may have nothing but contempt for him just locking him up is obviously not the answer .It the easy simple answer but neither beneficial to society or Jason ,IMO there is little or no support for ex offenders . The cost of incarcerating him and others could be channeled into support network to assist them to conform to the requirements needed to lead a law abiding life .I have met a number of ex offenders most come across as reasonable normal people ,they are anonymous with regards to their criminal past .Jason is not he has public profile which means in someways his criminal past is public property , the simple fact is he's in a cycle and needs help to get out of it .
  2. My own thoughts are what a waste talent and a life ,Jason is not alone in his chosen path his crime was deplorable to say the least .Whilst many on here feel he should never darken a s/way track again it would appear to be the only thing he is any good at and he has been punished for the crime .Would it not be better if he were able to pursue a career that may help to keep him on the straight and narrow ( the rehab of offenders leaves a lot to be desired ) if for no other reason than the financial burden on the state .
  3. I agree about Bewley and Holder ( not sure he will be fit don't want to speculate but may not ride again even ) Freddie maybe ,just think he's like Doyle his GP days are behind him and surely he won't want to just make up the numbers .
  4. I would like to say well done Robert ,wanted BZ to win but was beaten fair and square a certain ironyBZ winning by a point last year and losing by the same margin this year !
  5. That's my feeling as well he is such a good gater and BZ can't give him a head start as has often happened this year ,of course Lambert may just sneak it while those two squabble ! As I have said before I want BZ to win but whoever takes the title they they will have deserved it .
  6. Kurtz is not without backup either I'm sure Doyle on his swansong would be happy to oblige if required .
  7. IMO that is where BZ may lose the title he has not done well in that historically compared to Kurtz
  8. I would me thrilled to see BZ makes it seven world titles five on the spin as IMO he is the greatest rider I have ever seen and possible of all time ,on recent form he has not IMO been at the top of his game .I take nothing away from Kurtz or Lambert (his recent form has been outstanding ) anyone of the three fully deserve to win the title my wish is BZ ,Lambert and Kurtz in that order we don't have long now to find out !
  9. I think Scotty manager Doyle ( now he has dropped GP'S ) back he's a points machine at home and IMO he is fading on those big open tracks like the NSS .You could then build a younger team around him maybe even tempt Emil back just about the cost more than anything else I would imagine .
  10. He's all but got one hand on the World Title who could blame him for freewheeling a bit ,I'm not a fan but he or Lambert deserve the title if they beat the GOAT !
  11. A credit to the sport in every way RIP .
  12. He rode like this couple of years ago and then seemed to calm down and knock in some good scores ,I have often noticed that riders coming to the end of their time seem to come off more than they did .Think his GP days are all but over and hope he can do a couple of more years in the leagues ,time catches up with all of us eventually unfortunately .
  13. I think this Kutz title he is such a good gater would love BZ to do it but he just can't get out of the gate these days and you can't give Kurtz a head start .
  14. I suspect that he was obliged to do so . I often thinks that when former pro sports people have been retired for a number of years the value of their input diminishes .This why Scott who is still active and about retire would make a perfect replacement IMO, I like Kelvin but he needs some up to date help at the very least .
  15. Imo the track last night didn't seem to have much grip with the highlight for some being Thomsen's pass on BZ ,it was overall gate and go . The Aussies deserved the win they were by far the best team in a team event ,speaking personally I didn't care who won I was more interested in the racing and in many ways it proved what I have always thought .S/way is a team sport ridden by individuals someone commented that BZ rides differently in GP's or league matches they are spot on he is on a personal mission in the GP's and is paid a huge amount of money in the league . Kurtz and Lambert are in a different place they are on the cusp of being at the very top of the sport ,both now real threats to BZ which is great for the sport and even BZ as you are only as good as the competition and need to be kept on your toes . My point being no matter where it was held these type of meetings never really catch fire because what's truly at stake !
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy