Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

RPNY

Members
  • Posts

    1,429
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RPNY

  1. Bwitcher not much I disagree with you on however despite the fact that yes to the letter of the law it might be the rule, I think it'd be very sad if the rider that scored the most points didnt get awarded to world title..
  2. I personally can only imagine the crowd going up after watching that meeting Saturday night but I guess the main factors for next years attemdance are,how well Aussie are doing & promotion. I heard a lot about the road bikes out on Phillip Island (about 2 hours from Melbourne center) nothing about the SGP. However although a bit dissapointing 20k+ isn't a disgrace and after the success of Saturday night will hopefully grow. I also think that it's the final round doesn't help. 3 GPS in Aus all 3 times the series winner has been already known. Surely doesn't help maters..
  3. Sad that's Greg and his wrong doings is getting all the coverage. Fantastic meeting, fantastic series & with hopefully he right riders picked for the 4 WCs next year it should be even better
  4. Has there been a world champion who didn't deserve it because he was a Monster rider? The closest I could say to that is Holder in 2012 when he could, maybe should have been excluded in the semi fina. But I'd still say that was more of a Torun decision than a monster deceision. Fact is every other monster world champion has deserved it. Well Doyle probably would have won it this year but that was just unfortunate circumstance...
  5. Poor show from Greg but that aside what a speedway meeting. Superb racing on a great track in a great stadium. If only JD was there to be crowned WC
  6. I know JD getting injured has had a detrimental effect but do they think it will be a better crowd than last year?!! I know JD getting injured has had a detrimental effect but do they think it will be a better crowd than last year?!!
  7. Ok, they learnt from mistakes and this year it was brilliant.
  8. When I was just a young fan wanting his autograph he was a top bloke, now he is a friend I'm glad to say he is still that top bloke. Superb rider, if it wasn't for that horror smash at KL at his peak who knows how many more individual trophies he'd have. Still a wonderfully successful career, hats off to you PK!
  9. Looking forward to maiden trip down under. Gutted about Doyle. Not too fussed about him winning but it would have awesome if it was a little closer between he and Greg going into the last round. Especially with an Aussie having a chance to win in Australia... Anyway Stranger things have happened, we shall see!
  10. Great Track, great stadium, great little town and normally a great GP. To all those of you going, enjoy, I wish I was there!
  11. In what way? Not being facetious, I don't live in the UK anymore so it's hard to see the different coverage from the 2 channels...
  12. Such a shame that the GP's have gone to the Friends Arena in the post TRik era as it is a wonderful Stadium and I for one hope they keep a GP in Stockholm as it's a beautiful city. I thought it was a decent GP. Some good racing a few incidents but the atmosphere was a little flat except for when Fast Freddie was scoring his points. It must have been disappointing for the locals that they had 4 riders and 3 were very ordinary to say the least. If Lindback was in Cardiff form it could have been a whole different story.
  13. I still think the SWC is a superb competition and the racing year in year out is superb. However, they need to do something to stop riders drifting away and taking it as the opportunity for a mid season week off. The fact that is essentially what Hancock and Nikki did this year and what Tai is going to do next year saddens me. Hopefully they can get this situation sorted. The big name Russians coming back this year was a huge plus, let's hope it continues in that vein.
  14. Any news on how ticket sales are going? Wasn't awful last year but still not as many as they would of hoped for by the look of it...
  15. You are right in what you say, but at absolute best we (Brits) would have 2 or 3 riders competing in the SEC/Pairs. There arent that many Saturday tracks these days and Lambert and Cook for example would not have even been affected this year as their clubs dont run on Saturdays. So with a little bit of tweaking and common sense, the riders could enter the SEC and the British fixtures wouldn't be effected But what are the chances of common sense prevailing...
  16. Well this is true, but if he wants to come back it's unlikely he'll have to go through that as he'll get a WC pick!
  17. But we have Wild Cards too. I'm not disagreeing with your principals, but if we have the option, why put in a lesser rider?
  18. World Championship should also have the best riders. Which he is. And not only one of the best but also one of if not the most exciting riders in the world. I fully understand your gripes but I feel this is one of those circumstances where they make an exception.
  19. I understand and appreciate your dedication to our domestic league, however the fact is the same BSPA that want succes on the international stage are also hampering the British lads by not letting them enter competitions like this. The SEC is a perfect introduction to that level of racing. It would be a massive benefit for them.
  20. Felt it was a shame Darcy had to comment. Of course the timing of NP's injury didn't help with the reaction it caused..
  21. Because there were circumstances as to why he left the GPs he didnt just have a toys out the pram moment.
  22. Emil should be in the GPs im sorry not even an argument
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy