-
Posts
1,429 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by RPNY
-
Well I cant believe there isnt a single Russian rider that could make up a team of 4!
-
Seem like such decent people (Emil and the Laguta's) when interviewed but they really are a let down. Also, they could easily get a medal if those 3 are riding, don't they care about that?!!
-
I'm not too worried about the Pols when riding outside of Poland. If the Russians had both Laguta's and Emil I think they would walk Thursday, but as it stands I honestly give GB as good a chance as any. I certainly don't think the Danish track staff will do the Pols any favors.
-
Read numerous times that Morris said he contemplated riding for GB but said his mind was made up as he's always lived in Aus and as he had to listen to the Aus national anthem every day at school it would be weird standing on the podium with the British national anthem playing... All Pearson was saying that he COULD have ridden for GB because his parents were British.
-
Id go back to Warsaw. Track was fine, better then Saturdays for sure. The last 4 heats before it was canceled were pretty dam good too. Just needed the started gate to work!
-
Can't help but feel NP was a big factor in Warsaw being called off. Him and the Aussies..
-
Speedway World Cup Team Gb Squad
RPNY replied to Gavan's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
What did he say? -
Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April
RPNY replied to racers and royals's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
And for that Im furious with the riders. It was the same for everyone, no reason for it to be stopped. Massive Massive let down. They should realize who pay their wages & what industry they are in. -
Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April
RPNY replied to racers and royals's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
We said at the time and I stand by it now, if the tapes were working that meeting would have continued -
Can I say I need to eat humble pie on this one. Crap track or not, he was on the pace and rode great. Sorry Bomber, Russ
-
Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April
RPNY replied to racers and royals's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
This 100% sums it up. That track was fine. and the racing was getting better. Harris Hancock & THJ Gollob were both great races with good clean passes. There was no reason for that to be canceled and when the riders are back riding in front of 2-5k they will only have themselves to blame. For all those going on about these meetings should be on permanent tracks, that's what the riders & fans want, that is bull. Did the Danes love riding in Parken (a lot more then Vojens) because the track was so good? No it was the prestige of riding in their National Stadium. Do ALL the riders want to be at Cardiff because the track is so great? Again no, it's the prestige, the atmosphere, the experience. The riders need to realize that they act like that again, those opportunities will soon disappear. -
Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April
RPNY replied to racers and royals's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Well I flew all the way from NYC for this one and I'm still struggling to believe what I witnessed. EVERYTHING was in place for this to be the greatest event and therefore advertisement for Speedway in decades. But yet again it was a total cock up. Someones head HAS to roll for this, or everyone involved will just keep thinking, oh it's ok we can get away with this. First off, how was there not a second starting gate? This is surely one of the most obvious things when organizing a GP. That is a school boy error of the highest order. Secondly no one took command of the situation and the delays/ref'ing decisions were an insult to the paying public. After heat 4 it was obvious what decision had to be made. We're going on the green light boys, not ideal but it's THE SAME FOR EVERYBODY so don't want to hear any complaints. As for the track, no it wasn't perfect but we've all seen much much worse. That track was race-able and if the riders really did refuse shame on them. They had 56k people watching them, many of which were new fans and they just refused. DISGUSTING. People can say about safety etc, that track was race able and they all know it. To then come out on a lap of honor with Gollob and tweet about how great the fans were, that was just added insult to injury. The series will go on, this will all be swept under the carpet, but many many fans will be switched off from this and I truly believe Cardiff, Stockholm and probably even Melbourne will have their attendances seriously effected by this. -
So anyway back to Bomber being under prepared for the GP's...
-
Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins 3/4/15
RPNY replied to Shaleshifter's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
What happened to James Wright? Is he in the PL this year? -
As the Russians don't want to ride for the Russian federation, I'm surprised they are in this. Isn't one of the Laguta's" Latvian" now anyway?
-
I honestly didn't want this to become a thread slagging off bomber. I'm a fan of his, I've admired his determination and courage over the years. The '07 Cardiff GP and '10 playoffs were up there with some of the greatest moments ever seen in Speedway for me, even as a neutral. However that was a long time ago & he has been woefully underprepared for many seasons now, in a GP series which is becoming increasingly competitive. Now he's saying he's hardly trained and he sat on a bike for first time last week, it's not good enough. So when we see yet another interview after a few GPs saying he's been struggling but finally thinks he's cracked it, I'll just shake my head and think what a shame (BTW, I hope he proves me wrong)
-
I'd love to believe you on this one. But when the other 14 riders have been testing equipment and working on fitness all winter it does worry me...
-
I'm a big fan of Bomber & have defended him many times on here, but I read this and I shake my head in disbelief... He said: “It’s going well. I tried some stuff on Sunday and it felt good. Hopefully we can build on that and take it forward. Then when the GPs come around, we can hit the ground running. “I went to Poland last weekend and that was the first time I’d got on the bike. I felt good and I’m feeling good in myself. “I’ve been training a little bit over the winter. I probably should have done a bit more, but I’ve had other things distracting me that needed organising. I’ll keep on top of it, though.”
-
Anyone know if it will be on Livestream like the GP's or something similar? Unlikely UK residents will know but thought it was worth asking..
-
If You Could Bring Back One Rider...
RPNY replied to TonyMac's topic in Speedway News and Discussions
On the World Stage, Billy Hamill, Mark Loram, Joe Screen the 1990-2000 versions. At Club level Lawrence Hare. Loved his leg trailing style & never give up attitude and what a cracking fella to boot.