-
Posts
1,429 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by RPNY
-
Ah you see SCB, I agree with you and don't think think because there is a gate bias it means it can't be a good meeting. I think it's a shame and a bit unfair on those that draw the worse gate twice but there can still be great racing. I was just pointing out it's not just down it being a temp track that there are massively favored gate positions.
-
Point is people complain that it only happens on temp tracks (presumably just another dig at BSI)
-
BWitcher I agree he's got to man up - but that doesn't stop the fact he's possibly the best rider in the world and he should be riding in the world championship
-
That guy is so good BSI really have to pull out all the stops to get him back into the SGP. There's a serious void left by him not being there. On a side note, all those that complain about certain gates being favored at Cardiff/Horsens, need to be watching this SEC at Kumla!
-
cardiff's social scene it literally outside of the stadium, hence all the speedway fans are together, that wouldn't be the case at Wembley there is nothing around the stadium the hotels might not increase but i wouldn't want to stay in wembley its not a nice area and if you're staying in the center of london hotels are not cheap the flights i'll give you but most budget airlines go into stanstead or lute, miles from Wembley
-
Danish Gp In Horsens 08.08
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Spot on. -
Nikki Pedersen Red Carded In Polish Match
RPNY replied to barrow boy's topic in International World of Speedway
I didn't say he was totally in the wrong I said he's moaning a lot right now and saying he did NOTHING wrong Sunday isn't the complete truth in my eyes.. My take on the Crash was it was a racing incident, he went for a small gap, which he was entitled to and I was saying that he knew that carnage COULD ensue going for that small gap. Because your wheel if half a meter in front does not mean you have total disregard for a guy on the outside. That happens for to often these days in my opinion. -
Nikki Pedersen Red Carded In Polish Match
RPNY replied to barrow boy's topic in International World of Speedway
Doyle did not jump of did he. There was a collision at about 70 mph. Whether you're a Nicki or not - and I've said he had every right to go for that gap, read above - you cannot say Doyle jumped off thats ludicrous! -
Nikki Pedersen Red Carded In Polish Match
RPNY replied to barrow boy's topic in International World of Speedway
I would agree that Nicki is getting a rough ride (scuse the pun) on and off track right now however I do believe he's made his bed with all that stuff. In my memory he's had public and on going arguments with Hancock, Woffy, Emil, Hans A, THJ, Gollob, Holder, Zagar and there's probably more who I've forgotten about! I don't believe there's a Monster monopoly. Magic, Emil, Hampel, they are Red Bull riders they've not been treated badly or had reason for complaint. Nor have any of the other non Monster riders. I think it's difficult to say Nicki did NOTHING wrong in Poland on Sunday. He knew that was a tight gap he went for and there was a chance of carnage ensuing. It was his right to go for the gap but at the same time he would have know what could of happened.. -
100% agree with you. There are pluses and minuses for both one off world finals and for the GP's. I used to love the qualifying rounds going to KL and Coventry etc for the British, Commonwealth and Overseas finals. But I think some look back at one off World Finals through rose tinted specs. The Finals I can remember were: 89 - Rubbish 90 - Brilliant 91 - not great 92 - boring but over the moon Havvy won 93 - not bad 94 - not bad CustomHouseRegular I get where you're coming from and I would indeed have loved to seen a Wembely world final, but I disagree that Cardiff is nothing more then a glorified open meeting. Been to every single GP there and always come away thinking it was a good meeting. The boys definitely raise their game for Cardiff. Plus even though I'm a fellow (east) Londoner I think Cardiff is better venue to host a GP. Wembley would be much more expensive, harder for most of the country to get to and there is literally NOTHING to do around the stadium. What I do agree with though, is it is hideous that a rider can win a GP but not score the most points. Utterly ridiculous. Trying to explain that to new fans has been a right laugh!
-
Danish Gp In Horsens 08.08
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
How anyone is complaining about that GP I do not know. Cracking little stadium, great racing, bit of controversy that is the entertainment I am after when i sit down to watch a GP GPs 1 and 2 this year were a complete sht show but since then I think it's been a bloody good series. -
Ah a rare time we agree my friend! There is so much that can be done to improve the product and therefore the crowd levels before we even talk about changing the format of the league and the racing. PA Systems a big thing. Presenter quality another, facilities another, time taken to complete meeting another, choice of music another. Darts and 20 20 haven't just drawn crowds because the game alone. It's the razzmatazz and slickness of production that goes with it. People know they are going there for a good time and a laugh they don't have to be hardcore fans to enjoy it,. With regards to live meetings 100% agree it should be all out to have a big crowd there. Tenner for adults kids for a quid anything along those lines. Get the crowds in make it look like a spectacle to those new arm chair viewers.
-
I'm not a huge Cricket fan but few years ago I met Robert Key who was at the time Kent Captain. He told me they make more money in a single 20 20 game then they do in the rest of the county season. The traditionalists hate 20 20 but the fact is it's been brilliant for the sport. Speedway can no longer say it was popular way back when so let's go back to the way it was. We need to come up with ideas on how to move it forward. Now all we need to do is come up with those ideas...
-
Well I guess the answer is leave it as it is then..
-
Danish Gp In Horsens 08.08
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Not a huge Tatum fan but in his defense he does criticize when criticism is warranted.. -
But if it's one big league he'll get a lot of meetings in UK. 38+ league matches, KO Cup, Pairs, 4TT, PLRC, plus any other individual meetings etc. Also for a Danny King who MIGHT suffer, there's a Richie Worrall who will be better off. I'd also suggest 6 rider teams. 2 Heat Leaders 2 Second String 2 Res. another Cost cutting exercise as well as assuring teams can be filled.
-
An amalgamation of the 2 leagues with only the 'Elite of Elite' riders dropping out. However I keep getting shot down for that idea so I'm dropping it now lol
-
All I'm suggesting is a bigger league with higher quality riders and more variety for the fans (ie not seeing the same team at the track 4+ times a year) may go some way to improving things.
-
I don't know or have the time to look at the stats. I've thrown some names out there and I happen to think Holder is far better then Harris but if the stats say otherwise then again I'll hold my hands up.
-
Well it seems you see more EL matches then I do so I will hold my hands up and say Im wrong but from what Ive seen on Sky the big hitters tend to be winning pretty easy. My point with a stronger PL is that Harris, Nicholls, Hans A, are quality riders who would be #1s but could still be beaten by current PL #1's and some PL 2nd string where as if we go back to 1995 and merge the leagues but keep 'elite' riders it wouldnt work...