Crump99 Posted Saturday at 01:43 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 01:43 PM On 7/9/2026 at 12:15 PM, Mick Bratley said: I’ll also add, taking a victory lap after winning a race. Riders, just bloody do it, it costs you naff all and you’re doing it for the people who contribute towards your wages. Take it a step further collect the team flag every time and take that on your victory lap with you. 100% 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Crump99 Posted Saturday at 01:46 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 01:46 PM On 7/8/2026 at 11:26 PM, Mick Bratley said: The thing that annoys me more than anything is that it costs nothing to fix certain aspects of the sport, for example rider presentations/introduction's before a meeting, every single meeting I have been to this season has been an absolute shambles. All tracks should have a riders briefing meeting before every meeting telling the riders exactly how the introductions are going to take place and what is expected of the riders. Helmets off lads, and no pissing about before, during or after you’ve been introduced. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted Saturday at 01:56 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 01:56 PM A couple of things I think are worth mentioning after speaking to my mate this morning. For context, I took a friend along last night for his first ever experience of speedway. I’ve already joked about his thoughts on the poor choice of music, so won’t include that. The wait between heats 14 and 15 was around 25 minutes. Granted, they had the kids race and the Ben Fund collection, but he’s new to the sport and had been made aware the meeting was over as a context, so that’s quite a long time to wait for a race that lasts less than a minute. I think that needs better organised. Didn’t see a rider FWIW. Had a tenner in hand, but no rider came around the back straight. The woman next to me said the same thing. We saw Stuart Coleman (not a wider, but carrying a bucket nonetheless) pass a couple of rows ahead but no rider. Bizarre. Last thing - he was having a laugh about me having to fill out a programme because I don’t when we go to the football. So, twice, I let him fill out the programme and twice, the announcer made mistakes with who finished second and third. I’ve actually mentioned this before on here. It’s basic stuff. Time will tell if he’ll be back, but all in all, he said it was a good night. No doubt he found parts of it amateur though. Like the music, the hanging around, messing up the times, etc. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gjcone44 Posted Saturday at 04:27 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 04:27 PM was he interested in the times ,thats a bad sign.😁 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marko Posted Saturday at 05:00 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 05:00 PM Trouble is though parts of the sport ARE amateur, maybe semi pro at best but they charge professional prices. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mikebv Posted Saturday at 06:16 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 06:16 PM 1 hour ago, gjcone44 said: was he interested in the times ,thats a bad sign.😁 "Shut up! I can't hear the time!"....😁 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mick Bratley Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago On 9/26/2026 at 1:02 PM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: Almost crazy how much this resonates with me. The Glasgow promotion get so much right, but the music is AWFUL. No word of a lie; it’s a combination of 80s gay disco and an 18th birthday party in the early 90s. I took a friend along for his first experience of speedway last night and he enjoyed it, but he couldn’t stop laughing at the music. It just didn’t match the occasion. Play-off semi-final, a heat that could decide the finalist, four bikes, no brakes, tensions high… and they’re playing Wham’s Club Tropicana. I 100% agree with this. A playlist should be planned for every meeting and none of the above should be anywhere near it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.