British Speedway Forum

as Steve Shovlar has helpfully suggested (is it just me or did he come across as being partcularly hostile when I asked the question)

Could have been taken as such, lesson in PR perhaps? :)

Guest sjl
yes there is a glass grandstand

Thank you and also Rabbit :approve:

Ah but the point is my insect friend I ADMIT to being biased against the bees and take every opportunity to show this! Care to be as honest?!!!

Are you serious :lol: I am a right minded Bees' fan, I used to dislike Leicester, Birmingham then Cradley, Wolves were but a minor insignificance, unfortunately Kennel Central is all that is left in local rivalry terms, so naturally I am biased against them, especially as I was brought up on a diet of those cheating wasterels "Sudden Sam" & Ronnie "take as many minutes as you want to get to the start old son" Correy. :rolleyes:

That said I find myself strangely drawn to Kennel Central when they race the Pirates, who have never done anything to upset me & are largely insignificant to me, its just the overwhelming arrogance & endless hype/over egging of all things Poole by some that causes this pathalogical desire to see them fall flat on their faces, although not literally obviously :blink:

Irrational I know but isn't that what supporting any team is about? rivalries :unsure:

At this moment, Cov have the bragging rights, that will change at some point, just so long as its not your lot or the minnows from the south coast who take them on :lol:

Just realised, shouldn't this thread be in Individual Events and not Elite League. Bit late now, I know!

Not this Poole meeting thread thing again put to the top by Shovlar Promotions Ltd..

With a little bump from you as well, I'm sure the Poole Promotion will be very grateful to you Eastie :lol:

I must admit, the idea of rain offs and whether I would get a refund (I was in the more awkward position of not being able to stay past the Sunday) did come into my thoughts but that is all by the by now as my car won't make it to Poole and I can't get childcare anyway which was essential as there was no way I could afford to take my motley crew with me!

Welcome to my world :lol:

I'm on holiday in the area over the weekend of the meeting with the Mrs and nippers. I can safely say I won't be anywhere near the Meeting as expecting me to part with 25 notes for 2 kids who don't konw , or care about, the ar*e from the elbow of anything Speedway related is frankly extortionate!

Has this meeting not sold out yet?

only 5500 capacity yet still loads of availability?

I am sure SS says Poole get 6000 every week for a EL match :unsure:

Well, first of all, hello to all my friends at Wimborne Road.

As you know I don't bother wasting my time on the Pirate Postbag any more. I get all the info I need from The Echo.

i think it's disappointing that even when we ("We" = Poole Pirates" of course) get a great meeting sorted out, some idiots have to criticize and moan. This is why Speedway is not moving forward - and why I feel so much better about not bothering with such negativity on speedway message sites. I am completely in agreement with Matt Ford, and others who say they do not read the comments posted. It is definitely in their best interests.

No need to reply because I won't be back on here for a few months.

However, I do miss a lot of my friends on Postbag - hope to see you in real life in a month or so.

Best wishes

The (Ex) Bredon Pirate.

As you know I don't bother wasting my time on the Pirate Postbag any more. I get all the info I need from The Echo.

Sorry you feel that way BP. The Postbag is still alive and kicking and you're always more than welcome to return. I'm not sure of the reason for your departure (perhaps you'd like to PM me ??) but it's a shame you'll miss out on all the Live Update and meeting banter when we get going.

People taking a negative attititude is all part of it, it's up to us as fans of the club, and the club itself to prove them wrong. Hell, regardless of what is said, for those that go, it'll be a great day as long as the weather plays the game. Think of it as wanting to stick two fingers up to the naysayers...:P They can sit at home mumbling into their beards whilst we have a great day out. Their loss. ;)

Brendan, one of the reasons I don't post very much on the Poole postbag is because it is full of moaners like Pirateer, who never have anything constructive to say but just like to whinge all the time. That forum is full of it. If we won everything in 2008 there would still be a group on there bleating on about something.

Hope you can come for this big meeting. Looks like its going to be really manic so get there very early! Just over three week to go. What a meeting this is going to be!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

No need to reply because I won't be back on here for a few months.

Best wishes

The (Ex) Bredon Pirate.

Sorry you feel that way BP. The Postbag is still alive and kicking and you're always more than welcome to return. I'm not sure of the reason for your departure (perhaps you'd like to PM me ??) but it's a shame you'll miss out on all the Live Update and meeting banter when we get going.

I'm not surprised the fellow's disillusioned - people take no notice of what he says.