British Speedway Forum

I stand corrected, one rostrum. 3rd in Italy.

Like I said, I don't think Jagus is shedding too many tears over missing out - he didn't even bother entering the qualification process this season. He makes a good living in Poland and Sweden (occasional trip to Russia these days, as well). And that seems to be good enough for him.

Edited by Subedei

Should go back to 2 wildcards for every GP - let the home association pick a home rider (despite being a complete waste of space tonight!) and one other rider who is perfoming well across the domestic leagues. This would give the Holders etc, a chance whilst giving up & coming locals a taste. And a revamp of qualification is essential - this year we got Dryml (no comment), next year it could be Ferjan or Richardson :-(

Lets not forget that had we had two wildcards it would have been Bjarne Pedersen and NOT Lukas that would have missed out

Lets not forget that had we had two wildcards it would have been Bjarne Pedersen and NOT Lukas that would have missed out

Yes.

It would be better to exclude any rider not entering the qualification process from being eligible for a nomination.

Surely after the last god knows how many years,Nicholls has got to make way,unless he qualifies on merit,for Holder or Sajfutdinov?

As far as I can recall, Scott has only twice qualified on merit, once after the 2003 series and last year after he brought down Harris in the race-off and finishing behind Holta. I am afraid to say that Scott has been worst performer of any GP rider who has been in the GP series over a period of years (2002 to 2008) to date. Only dear old Andy Smith did worse but, even he qualified by right each year during the time he competed.

Edited by tocha

Once again a Diamond is on his way to greatness.

Maybes Nicholls needs to dial George English to arrange true mentorship?

Rather boring GP to be honest, but credit where it is due...well done Nicki.

But a year ago, Kasprzak was riding well enough to be rewarded a wild card. This year he has been awful on the international scene

KK was given a seeded place for the GPs this year because as a Wild Card last year he finished on the rostrum and also because he top scored in Poland's World Cup win.

KK has said himself that with being left out of GB for a team place this season, he isn't getting enough racing. Must admit that I thought he would do better on tracks such as Prague. Still, he has time as he's only 23.

Why? Bjarne entered the Qualifiers last year and won his place fair and square, as did N-K Iversen.

This year, Bjarne was scheduled to do the Qualifiers, but unfortunately, broke his wrist .

Apologies for three posts in a row!

Edited by Pollyanna

KK has said himself that with being left out of GB for a team place this season, he isn't getting enough racing. Must admit that I thought he would do better on tracks such as Prague. Still, he has time as he's only 23.

Well, maybe if Kasprzak hadn't had the occasional "walkabout" last season with Lakeside, maybe he'd have found himself a team place in Britain, so there's no real point him moaning about it.

Why? Bjarne entered the Qualifiers last year and won his place fair and square, as did N-K Iversen.

Yes, but Iversen won, Dryml was second and BP third. So, if one less qualified, BP would've been the one less.

After last nights bore feast think it is time to reduce the number of G.P's.

Should make it a max of 4 per year, which would make they more relevant.

Also can someone get hold of Hancock's can and destroy it.. it seems to appear every time he appears with that cheesy smile .

Well, Bjarne has been poor this year and won't be in the 2009 series.

Would agree that it was a complete borefest. The only redeeming feature was Johnno in commentary. An absolute gem IMHO, says it like it is and with a sense of humour as well. Far superior IMO than poo faced, let's pretend speedway is a serious sport attitude of Kelvin Tatum.

Would agree that it was a complete borefest. The only redeeming feature was Johnno in commentary. An absolute gem IMHO, says it like it is and with a sense of humour as well. Far superior IMO than poo faced, let's pretend speedway is a serious sport attitude of Kelvin Tatum.

Like when he said Bjarne Pedersen was "doing the old, hold your knee, so your mechanic can get your bike ready in time" just wait until he's up and walking until you start throwing that around Johno :rolleyes:

Have to agree though, he has got a sense of humour, something we all needed watching that last night :blink:

The most boring GP that I have ever seen :cry:

You obviously didn't see the 2007 German GP then. :wink:

Best feature of last night wasn't the racing. It was Johno's commentary. Comments such as: "I was in the middle of an important comment there when he fell off. That was a bit selfish of him." :wink: Brilliant. :lol:

All the best

Rob