British Speedway Forum

So, is there an explanation as to why Sky, for the first time ever, has not scheduled replays for the German Grand Prix?

So, is there an explanation as to why Sky, for the first time ever, has not scheduled replays for the German Grand Prix?

....mebbe you'd like to phone 'em? I'm pretty sure if its anything like phoning Cable TV over here after a half-hour of press one, press two, listen to muzak and follow the prompts etc you'd have thrown the phone!!

Parsloes 1928 - I was in the pits on Friday for Practice or lack of! People DID appear to have what looked like programmes, but not being supposed to be in there I didnt ask too many questions as to where they came from!!

ALSO- Does anyone know how to claim our `goodwill gesture`?? I have to send the tickets back to see tickets to get my money back, but how will I have any proof of having these tickets once they are sent back to claim our over generous present??!!

Speedway World has information explaining about the Goodwill Tickets now.

I was in Portugal on holiday on Saturday, and the girl serving behind the bar who was Swedish must have spent ages trying to get the right Sky Sports Channel on for us, only for us too look have a look on the internet to find that it had been called off.

Totally farcical what has happened, and as Race Director surely it is time for Mr Olsen too do us all a favour and do the honourable thing and resign.

Some organisations (the FIM, and you) prefer to look for reasons things cant be done, others (BSI and me) prefer to look at reasons things can be done, and make them happen.

Amazing..: somebody here wants to be associated with BSI...!!! :lol:

Your input (apparently... :blink: ) didn't actually, er, "get things done [and] make them happen" when it came to Saturday's GP did it...!!! :rolleyes:

Amazing..: somebody here wants to be associated with BSI...!!! :lol:

Your input (apparently... :blink: ) didn't actually, er, "get things done [and] make them happen" when it came to Saturday's GP did it...!!! :rolleyes:

To be honest Derek you could argue (if the conspiracy theories are anywhere near correct) that BSI/IMG DID get things done on Saturday. They had the bottle to engineer a postponement, pocket the insurance, arrange a replacement meeting that will probably be well attended and profitable - and get away with it!

To be honest Derek you could argue (if the conspiracy theories are anywhere near correct) that BSI/IMG DID get things done on Saturday. They had the bottle to engineer a postponement, pocket the insurance, arrange a replacement meeting that will probably be well attended and profitable - and get away with it!

YUP!!

In my view a further statement should be issused by the senior vice president-IMG motorsports Rob Armstrong.The buck surely ends with him.In my view Mr Olsen has to go over this-he obviously under estimated the problem,as checking the webcam, they didnt even work thro the night fri/sat.IMG should this winter hire a giant warehouse or un-used stadium and spend all winter if neccessary,perfecting laying one-off tracks-with a new track team of the best track curators in europe(money should be no object)this cannot be allowed to happen again.

Good point from racers and royals, you must have given this subject some serious thought, written like a man with a lot of time on his hands over the weekend.

I think that it would be a good idea if BSI employed a young rider to do this indoor testing, maybe the Aussie lad Kyle Magoffin would be a good choice.

You could indeed!!!! :wink:

Nail hit firmly on the head.

Hmm, 'nail' missing head and landing firmly (and painfully) on thumb, as neither you or 'Jeff.' {sic} have replied to:

Where do get the idea that fans would ignore a one-off World Final..??!!

You have a go at those who have an alternative view to yours (in the one-off WF versus GPs debate) but there is no possible justification in this surmise of yours.

Why would no one turn up to Wembley or Cardiff for a one-off World Final when Cardiff manages what 20-30k for a early round, largely meaningless (in the scheme of things..) GP..?? :unsure::rolleyes:

Your argument makes not one scrap of sense!! :shock:

Make an unsustainable point and you, er, can't sustain it!!! :wink:

Maybe they were in on it too, they've got an extra 5 days Sky Sports subscription out of me because the meeting was cancelled. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wackie

Hmm, 'nail' missing head and landing firmly (and painfully) on thumb, as neither you or 'Jeff.' {sic} have replied to:

Make an unsustainable point and you, er, can't sustain it!!! :wink:

What are you on about now? :rolleyes:

I will "sustain the point" that the GP's are better for speedway than a one day world final. For all the reasons I have stated throughout this thread and probably many more.

I think I I'll bring my hammer on Thursday! :wink:

What are you on about now? :rolleyes:

I will "sustain the point" that the GP's are better for speedway than a one day world final. For all the reasons I have stated throughout this thread and probably many more.

I think I I'll bring my hammer on Thursday! :wink:

Not to hit yourself on the thumb I hope. :unsure:

Good point from racers and royals, you must have given this subject some serious thought, written like a man with a lot of time on his hands over the weekend.

I think that it would be a good idea if BSI employed a young rider to do this indoor testing, maybe the Aussie lad Kyle Magoffin would be a good choice.

Agree Hman, although i would question the rider Magoffin, has a habit of letting people down at the last minute!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

germany was a shot itself in the foot day for speedway, but for gollob the outcome couldnt of been more perfect for a couple of reasons :wink: