British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Andy Galvin

Yes I'm finding it hard to believe myself but tomorrow (Thursday) 'The Great Galvini" alias Andy Galvin will be celebrating his 43rd birthday!!! Having watched him from the days he practised and practised as a young teenager at Iwade and right throughout his career I've got to say what a talent he was - just a shame that he eventually was forced to quit riding by injuries. Anybody know what the old boy is doing nowadays?

Bryn

P.S. knowing he's 43 tomorrow is making ME feel really old! :rolleyes:

Probably watched Andy Galvin more than any other rider; my nephew idolised him.

Great captain & team riding with Chris Louis in 1988. A rider you would much rather have in your team than riding against you.

Happy Birthday!

P.S. knowing he's 43 tomorrow is making ME feel really old! :rolleyes:

Makes me feel like a spring chick all these years he's tried to convince I was older woooohooooo Happy Birthday Andy x

Makes me feel like a spring chick all these years he's tried to convince I was older woooohooooo Happy Birthday Andy x

Oh what the heck! Winter's in the UK wouldn't be the same without at least one trip to hospital so Shazzy..... think you better put your reading glasses on as I stated Andy was FORTYthree today NOT FIF...... :wink::lol:

Just be glad he didn't try to courier drugs into China!!!!!!!!

Galvin was never the brightest bulb in the box! :rolleyes:

Let's hope when he gets out he can turn over a new leaf.

i remember seeing him work at wimbledon stadium for terry russell's cleaning company. a lot different from his then evening job as a top national league speedway rider.

Sad news indeed about Andy's current 'circumstances'. One of my real heroes....

Strange that, you just never know what ya heroes will do next do ya! :rolleyes:

Very sad to read today - in Backtrack, of all places.

And why wouldn't you expect to read about an 80s NL star in Backtrack!

Andy was a one-time protege of Simmo's, firstly at Crayford and then Hackney and Arena Essex, so it was appropriate for Malcolm to mention Andy and their past working relationship in his latest column.

Andy was a one-time protege of Simmo's, firstly at Crayford and then Hackney and Arena Essex, so it was appropriate for Malcolm to mention Andy and their past working relationship in his latest column.

Very true !

He was certainly one of my favourites and a heartthrob of many of the ladies :lol:

Hope you get sorted Andy.

Galvin was never the brightest bulb in the box! :rolleyes:
Yup remember him trying the hard man act on jimmy nilsen richard hellsen and erik stenlund in 88? in a challenge at hackney with Loram in the team. Amazing how many fights on and off track that night he tried to get into.

Certainly wasn't a criticism of Backtrack, Tony, more an implied criticism of Speedway Star, where I expect to read the latest news - did they suppress the story? Or maybe I just missed it?

BTW, Simmo's Column is excellent.

Great 2nd Division rider who never seemed the brightest spark and always seemed the sort of 'playboy' person who wasn't keen on having to work too hard!

Sad news!

Edited by 25yearfan