British Speedway Forum
paul84

The 2009 Premier League Riders' Championship

A tigers fan that thinks Ricky can win without the "oh it was home advantage" brigade... :unsure:

I don't think Ricky would be able to win it at any other place than Sheffield tbh.

Doolan never seems the same rider when it's the PLRC, the same can be said for Parker.

Looking at that lineup, and seeing him last week, if that Ricky Ashworth turns up then I think he'll take this.

Obviously Darcy is going to be up there, Proctor will give us a clue tomorrow, Bunyan should make the top 6 with ease as should Fisher.

After 20 heats I'll saaaaaay...

1. Bunyan

2. Ashworth

3. Ward

4. Fisher

5. Piszcz

6. Karlsson (depending which turns up)

Semi - Fisher and Ward to final

Final - Well, let's not spoil it, I'll wait till Monday 28th to announce my prediction :wink:

I don't think Ricky would be able to win it at any other place than Sheffield tbh.

Berwick?

And this is coming from a Sheffield fan :blink: . For me i think its will be close but i'm gonna take a gamble on Shane Parker for the win :approve: .

That would be a good way for Shane to bow out of his Glasgow career, SKJ, cant see it though :unsure: Hard to go against wonder boy Ward, but my wee outside bet would be Kenni Larsen, he is showing some good form at the moment.

my wee outside bet would be Kenni Larsen, he is showing some good form at the moment.

Not if his last Sheffield visit is anything to go by :wink:

Wouldnae wory about that, every rider has had a stinker at Owlerton, and he rattled in about 15 or 16 earlier in the season :wink: He impressed me at the weekend and if he gets in front he is hard to catch, I suppose you could say that about the other fifteen though :rolleyes: My sheckles would have been on Grievesy had he qualified :P

Having seen most of the riders around Sheffield season who are in the PLRC, I haver seen them all bar Emil Kramer and Tomas Topinka. This is how I see the riders going.

Berwick; Michal Makovsky; Very unpredictable around Sheffield,I don't think he can win it,but he could be a spoiler.

Birmingham ; Tomas Piszcz; Already won the Pairs with Jason Lyons so he proved that he can do it on the big occasion,and he will have a large contingent of the red and yellow brigade supporting but like Makovsky I only see him as a spoiler.

Edinburgh ; Ryan Fisher; I don't think that he can put in a consistent performance around Sheffield,and I certainly don't see him winning.

Glasgow ; Shane Parker; Bit of form at the moment, but you can never rule out Shane at Sheffield,and if he is up for it he could well cause an upset. Personally I don't see him winning.

Kings Lynn ; Darcy Ward; If he keeps his head then he has an excellent, Sheffield is one of his favourite tracks,and I have him as one the favourites to win.

Kings Lynn; Tomas Topinka; His best performances around Sheffield tend to be at the PLRC, don't be surprised if he makes the Final.

Newcastle; Kenni Larsen; Too inconsistent,but will be good experience for the lad.

Newport ; Leigh Lanham; Another rider who lacks consistency around Sheffield.

Redcar; Ty Proctor; One of my tips for the title ,very fast and very determined rider,who I can see winning the meeting.

Rye House; Chris Neath; Never scored that many points around Sheffield,and I don't see him changing for this meeting.

Scunthorpe; Magnus Karlsson; Don't think he can win it,but could be a spoiler.

Sheffield ; Ricky Ashworth; Home track advantage,and has his chance to shine, but I think he can make the final maybe, but not the title.

Somerset Steve Johnston; Will be there or there about,my tip to make the Final.

Somerset; Emil Kramer; No chance of winning.

Stoke; Jason Bunyan; Rides Sheffield well and could well be a contender for a place in the Final.

Workington; Kevin Doolan; Could be a surprise struggler, certainly don't see him winning the title .

Tell it how it is, dont hold back there Spinny :lol:

Ty Proctor for the title!

Edited by Drac

whys it kramer and not grieves as grieves has a marginally higher ave and has had a higher ave all season? or are they trying to claim he's still not 'toogood' at sheff?

I don't like to spoil a good Edinburgh theory regarding James :rolleyes: , but i think you'll find Kramer is there on merit . James has had a dip in form recently ( apart from a wonderful 14 at home to the Monarchs ) and his average has probably dropped below Kramer over the weekend .

Ward will be favourite , but i've got a wee feeling that Proctor might just do it. I'd rather it was one of the up and coming stars that won , rather than the older brigade who have been kicking about for ever .

That doesn't apply to Shane Parker though :wink:

Edited by Paulco

I don't like to spoil a good Edinburgh theory regarding James :rolleyes: , but i think you'll find Kramer is there on merit . James has had a dip in form recently ( apart from a wonderful 14 at home to the Monarchs ) and his average has probably dropped below Kramer over the weekend .

Ward will be favourite , but i've got a wee feeling that Proctor might just do it. I'd rather it was one of the up and coming stars that won , rather than the older brigade who have been kicking about for ever .

That doesn't apply to Shane Parker though :wink:

haha

The Draw took place at Sheffield earlier, here it is

1. Kenni Larsen

2. Steve Johnston

3. Magnus Karlsson

4. Ryan Fisher

5. Shane Parker

6. Leigh Lanham

7. Kevin Doolan

8. Jason Bunyan

9. Michal Makovsky

10. Ricky Ashworth

11. Emil Kramer

12. Ty Proctor

13. Tomasz Piszcz

14. Tomas Topinka

15. Darcy Ward

16. Chris Neath

How dare you.

You do realise who your talking about don't you?

Edinburgh ; Ryan Fisher; I certainly don't see him winning.

How dare you.

You do realise who you're talking about, don't you? :P:wink: