British Speedway Forum

Anybody know what is happening about the new year Classic, will newport get it back or will it go to Poole again next year. Im hoping its Newport as it was there meeting in the first place and just might keep them afloat for next season. Also its a lot closer to Brum than Poole.

As the Speedway Star says there's unlikely to be any indoor meeting this winter why not have a meeting at both?Newport deserve their traditional New Year Classic back, Poole(Or anyone else) can run a meeting in Dec or Feb. All the diehards will come out for one meeting a month in winter surely?

As the Speedway Star says there's unlikely to be any indoor meeting this winter why not have a meeting at both?Newport deserve their traditional New Year Classic back, Poole(Or anyone else) can run a meeting in Dec or Feb. All the diehards will come out for one meeting a month in winter surely?

Nice one two meeting to fill the dark nights of winter.

Nice one two meeting to fill the dark nights of winter.

Even better a trip Down Under for Ozchamps and warmth! :lol:

That would suit me fine! :approve:

Did I not read on here a couple of days ago that the Classic returns to Newport but for just one year. I remember reading it because I wondered why only for one year when I though Newport were the rightful holders of the Classic event after the criticism of Poole earlier this year.

It should only be Newport's regardless. :approve:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I remember reading it because I wondered why only for one year when I though Newport were the rightful holders of the Classic event after the criticism of Poole earlier this year.

Everyone there agreed it was a superb meeting and shoudl be back next year. Logistically, Newport is a lot easier for me as I can pop in to see family on the way but after Poole attempt last year, I'd happily return.

Not an easy one, is it? Trying to put aside the bad feelings that emerged at the time, my instinct is that it should revert to Newport which instigated the meeting and nurtured it. But I was at Poole and it was a very good day indeed with fine racing. Will break the habit of a lifetime and sit on the fence, I think!

Not an easy one, is it? Trying to put aside the bad feelings that emerged at the time, my instinct is that it should revert to Newport which instigated the meeting and nurtured it. But I was at Poole and it was a very good day indeed with fine racing. Will break the habit of a lifetime and sit on the fence, I think!

As saud earlier, why not two meetings.

I understand at one time, the BSPA were able to sanction one speedway meeting per month between November and February whether it was to be on shale or indoor on whatever surface. Therefore, if this rule still exists i cannot see any reason why one track cannot have a Christmas Cracker meeting in December and another track a New Year Classic in January.

If the BSPA have any decency about them they should say that the New Year Classic wiil be run at Newport every year whilst Newport are running and be renamed 'The Tim Stone Memorial New Year Classic', after all it was Tim who gave us a meeting during the winter period.

However it is the Bspa who have the say.

It's back were it belongs - well done Steve and Nick! :approve:

In Sunday's programme - next meeting New Year Classic 1pm Jan 3rd. Well done Steve and Nick for getting it back - can't wait.

If the BSPA have any decency about them they should say that the New Year Classic wiil be run at Newport every year whilst Newport are running and be renamed 'The Tim Stone Memorial New Year Classic', after all it was Tim who gave us a meeting during the winter period.

However it is the Bspa who have the say.

That sounds like a brilliant idea.

I dont mind Poole having a meeting out of season, in fact personally I would possibly support it - maybe a Valentine one or similar.

Just want the New Year Classic back at its home in Newport.