British Speedway Forum

perhaps now would be a good time to fix that hole?

Why don't they?Inthe old days when rakes were used to rake the dirt back from the fence on to the bends,the track rakers would heap dirt on to ruts and pound it with the rakes held vertically(much like tarmacing repairs)and thus restore a smooth surface.Any track curators out there who would like to comment?

Did the opposite for me, was half thinking about Cardiff but now definitely not going to bother. Last night was a proper speedway meeting on a proper track, whereas Cardiff is an overpriced farce.

Not if you buy your tickets from a tout on the day it's not.

But Steve the racing at a track like that bears no relation to Cardiff where 8 of the 9 have been sterile and tedious. Great atmosphere and event but awful racing at Cardiff

Cardiff is never going to be a Leszno or Torun, but it will be interesting to see what sort of fist Tony Olsson makes or it this year. Overall, all the GP tracks have been better prepared than Olsen used to instruct them to be prepared.

Thought it was very good but not quite as good as Parken for me.

Really!!! :o

is old people remember singing at speedway meetings, but then we had a crowd mentality then..

who remembers singing "when the red red robin..." shoot the b***tard shoot the b***tard for the swindon fans!

Ooooh, I do, I do. Also remember my mum cuffing me around the head for singing it. Mind you I probably was about 6 or 7 at the time. :D

If you leave it to vocal support, it would be deathly quiet, as speedway fans very rarely start singing ?? except for the barmy army... i think the airhorns add to the whole experience.

I'm sure the Polish fans would make themselves heard.

If there was a Scotsman in the field, we'd make ourselves heard.

IMO airhorn noise doesn't constitute an atmosphere.

however the ruts actually make for interesting racing sometimes

INTERESTING RACING ............... if you think riders coming to grief and suffering all sorts of injuries is interesting racing ............ hmmmmmmm

Of course they couldn't do anything about the rut at Torun because of the tv schedules!! Having said that I don't suppose too much could be done anyways, even if material was compacted into the rut it would be softer than the rest??

By all accounts the tracks were supposed to be improving this year,or so we were told.I see no evidence as yet of that happening.Dull and tedious most gp's are now.

According to SVT sport. Zorro's crash y'day evening resulted in a broken thumb.

Zorro will not ride in Poland tonight.

I'm sure if a rut was deemed dangerous it would be dealt with irrespective of TV schedules, after all, they don't rush riders off track when they've fallen or are receiving medical treatment, and that must play havoc with the TV schedules. :rolleyes:

Do we even know if that was a rut last night anyway? I'm sure I heard both Havelock and Johnson say it could be a rut or a damp patch of dirt on the track.

By all accounts the tracks were supposed to be improving this year,or so we were told.I see no evidence as yet of that happening.Dull and tedious most gp's are now.

i disagree, Leszno and Torun yesterday was good, Copenhagen was OK , Gothenburg and Prague were pretty boring

not suprised holders injured , it was an accident waiting to happen , never looks in control of his bike

Totally uncalled for, and totally wrong IMO, Holder is impressive on the bike and always looks very controlled, never in a million years have I ever thought he is an accident waiting to happen.

The more I watch, the more I'm sure the points should be changed for the Semis & Final (4,3,2,1 for each SF, 8,6,4,2 for the Final)

Glad to see Crump on form again,

I agree, there should be some sort of reward for reaching the Semi's and the final etc. I understand that they reduced the points to stop a runaway winner but I think they have gone to far on this occasion. Crump is getting back there, and had he not been injured I do feel he would have actually gone on to retain a word title, which IMO is the only blot on his record.

Totally uncalled for, and totally wrong IMO, Holder is impressive on the bike and always looks very controlled, never in a million years have I ever thought he is an accident waiting to happen.

I agree, there should be some sort of reward for reaching the Semi's and the final etc. I understand that they reduced the points to stop a runaway winner but I think they have gone to far on this occasion. Crump is getting back there, and had he not been injured I do feel he would have actually gone on to retain a word title, which IMO is the only blot on his record.

sorry it just doesnt feel right getting a point for coming last, this isnt cycle speedway!

I feel that qualifying for the semis deserves some reward, as they have done better than riders who did not qualify for the Semi's. We often see many riders on the same amount of points for the last semi spot, therefore the riders who qualified should get rewarded.

Lindgerg? :blink::lol:

Sorry. Silly me.

Yep it's a joke a bit like them having the world cup final every two years icon_evil.gif Good to see Hampel Gollob And Holta going so quick last night must be because of the great work from there Pit crew rolleyes.gif

They would have been practising on it all week so they would have their bikes set up perfectly. Should be different next time.

Really!!! :o

Really! Each to their own of course, and I certainly enjoyed last nights GP, but Parken was slightly better.

Its refreshing that we are debating over two consecutive exciting GP's after last year ;)

Enjoyed this GP - hope this new Torun track remains on the calendar. It's certainly conducive to good racing. In fact the series so far this year has been a breath of fresh air. Can't call it at all for the title and enjoying watching the new guard come to the fore. Yes, there were a few holes but think we've all seen meetings where the track has come into play. Some riders will hit a ride and come off their bikes, others will use it to fire themselves into an advantageous position. Here's hoping that Cardiff produces as much excitement - it's making up for the league series.