British Speedway Forum
dirt

U/21 Final And Golden Helmet

Not a chance .. he has been rubbish in Poland this year and that will count against him :neutral:

He's been poor in POland simply becaus a jerk of a team manager who favours his Poles every time.

Ward has won the U21 twice now. He can't be overlooked and is clearly a better rider than Woffinden, whom he should replace.

frigbo, on 02 October 2010 - 01:02 PM, said:

Ward bottles it against the Latvian

Nothing new there then .. practice for Monday night I suppose

Nothing new there then .. practice for Monday night I suppose :lol:

Well I wouldn't want to be backing Coventry then. Looks like you were a bit presumpuous and premature there suddensam15 aka your latest name in a spate of changes that's proving your mental strength. I suggest you keep your limited knowledge confined to the wolves history pages.

The king is back. I said the King is Back. KING BACK.

Looks like time for another line in my sig!!!

frigbo, on 02 October 2010 - 01:02 PM, said:

Ward bottles it against the Latvian

Nothing new there then .. practice for Monday night I suppose

Well I wouldn't want to be backing Coventry then. Looks like you were a bit presumpuous and premature there suddensam15 aka your latest name in a spate of changes that's proving your mental strength. I suggest you keep your limited knowledge confined to the wolves history pages.

The king is back. I said the King is Back. KING BACK.

Looks like time for another line in my sig!!!

Fair play to Darcy, can't say he's one of my favourite riders 'cos he comes acrosss as very immature on his Sky interviews, but hay he is young and no one can argue that he can't ride a bike and showed bottle to win it today.

What a shame that these meetings are never televised, surely they would get a good audience, and maybe the Brits would bother again if Sky cameras were there?

What is strange is that Ward has struggled so badly in Poland, so much so that Torun are loaning him out in 2011 and keeping Jensen instead, possibly even dropping out of the top league and going to Bydgoszcz?

Perhaps he needs a different club there to ride to his potential?

He's been poor in POland simply becaus a jerk of a team manager who favours his Poles every time.

Ward has won the U21 twice now. He can't be overlooked and is clearly a better rider than Woffinden, whom he should replace.

Ward has stated he isnt interested in the GPs until 2012 after he has beaten Emils record in the u/21s. So he looks on target and shouldnt have to rush anything. Woffinden should be used as a scapegoat and example of what not to do. He went backwards as he was too eager to impress when he hadnt done the groundwork.

Ward has just beaten the system and shown once again that he thrives under pressure, which is a trait that will have team managers fighting in the streets to secure his services.

Fair play to Darcy, can't say he's one of my favourite riders 'cos he comes acrosss as very immature on his Sky interviews, but hay he is young and no one can argue that he can't ride a bike and showed bottle to win it today.

He showed balls of steel not just today but last round also and put a shocking 1st round completely behind him and slowly fighted back until he clinched it right at the end. The bottle he must of had in these last 2 rounds is out of this world. He had the expectations to defend his crown and was badly behind after a dodgy 1st round on a rain sodden track. The run off was a true test of bottle and he wasnt found wanting. His dynasty continues and he will only get better.

What a shame that these meetings are never televised, surely they would get a good audience, and maybe the Brits would bother again if Sky cameras were there?

It just means i will have to buy a couple of DVDs I think, last year and this year.

What is strange is that Ward has struggled so badly in Poland, so much so that Torun are loaning him out in 2011 and keeping Jensen instead, possibly even dropping out of the top league and going to Bydgoszcz?

He has denied he is going their, but he'll go whereever he has an opportunity to earn enough crust to attack the GPs the following year. I hope.

Perhaps he needs a different club there to ride to his potential?

TBH he is an individual rider who excels when he has to. He hasnt shown unbelievable form for his clubs as he is so young and raw and still learning the team tactics and meaning of team racing. He has 90% of the complete package and the hardest 90%, it will just take a while for it to come out in a team setting as he is not a heat leader and is content just doing his job, which he does well, but he hasnt learnt how to dominate team matches just yet. He has however mastered winning individual meetings which is the true test of bottle and the rest will follow.

Having been a speedway fan since 1968 I have forgotton more about the sport than you will EVER know ... been to more stadiums all over the world than you will ever go to & have a more open mind to other riders thans your biased Aussie mind will ever let you have :lol:

You have a more open mind to foreign riders, I think your trying to say. I would expect nothing less as if you were focussed on GB riders lately you would have given the sport away and focussed on swimming or something else your country is pumping the money into to make your country competitive.

I have no bias whatsoever and rate all riders equal.

And Monmore cant be classified as a stadium. :)

If you cant admire an 18yo defending his crown on the other side of the globe, well I dont know. Maybe you would be like yourself an obvious loser and must be sick of the taste of sour grapes and humble pie. Get over yourself.

Just to add because of Ward I will now be boosting the Australian economy a fair bit, as a lot of pounds will be getting transfered from bet365 into my account. At the conversion rate of 15/1 I believe it was.

i admire anyone who win titles and wards no exception im not sour whatsoever as i was neutral in who i wanted to win. im just stating that by reading your various posts that every other rider is wasting there time as you have no respect for them, the way you constantly go on about this paticular rider makes me wonder your sexuality if your a male..

i admire anyone who win titles and wards no exception im not sour whatsoever as i was neutral in who i wanted to win. im just stating that by reading your various posts that every other rider is wasting there time as you have no respect for them, the way you constantly go on about this paticular rider makes me wonder your sexuality if your a male..

No problemo Marcel marcea :wink:

I can guarantee you there is nothing but sheer astonishment and marvel at what he is capable of on the track and pride in the fact that another Aussie is stepping up to fill some big boots like Adams and Crump who are ageing warriors.

Janowski obviously did very well today to force a 3 way run off for overall winner, and he showed true bottle also.

And what do others thinkabout this stupid statement ... no bias .. not arf :lol:

I may BIG Ward up now and then because he has given me no reason not to, and from all reports has exceeded all expectations and they are big bloody expectation mind you. His talents should be seen by all and recognised. He is producing the results when everything is stacked against him, and showing more bottle than any other Australian ever at his age.

Until he gives me a reason not to rate him highly , I will continue rating him as the .......well.. BEST.

the fact he was written off by the bookies after the crap 1st round, makes it evan more sweet as I believed in his bottle and his fight and it paid off.

Edited by dirt

Understatement of the century ... I bet you kiss his pic everynight before you go to bed ... I prefer women myself but hey its a modern world :lol:

huge understatement ;)

Congratulations to Darcy Ward on a remarkable achievement. An achievement that was enough to get Sayfutdinov into the GPs and we could easily see Ward GPing next season.

Seems as though your the jerk since how long has Jepsen Jensen been a Pole i thought he was a Dane

I guess Darcy head will grow even bigger now .

Well done Darcy...