British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

NL Treated with Contempt

Unbelievable! I know I've not been to many NL fixtures myself this season, but in my eyes, this is completely unfair to those youngsters that were meant to be riding in the NL Fours and NLRC - it makes them look less important than anyone else, but these kids are our future! The BSPA management committee should be shot :mad:

Speedway Star

By Post - Letters Page, Speedway Star, 9 Coppergate Mews, Brighton Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 %NE

E-Mail - sar@pinegen.co.uk

Fax (020) 8335 1117

Why not get writing to the Speedway Star. The BSPA might be a lost cause but maybe writing to the Speedway Star might show that supporters don't just accept what happens without question...

The Rye House PR does state 'postponed' so there may be a chance of it still going ahead.

The Rye House PR does state 'postponed' so there may be a chance of it still going ahead.

And do you honestly think after all this that anybody's going to be bothered to make any kind of effort to turn up for a restaging..?! :angry:

I still think we need an explanation which actually makes sense... Why exactly is it that this meeting (Fours & NLRC) can't go ahead as planned on SATURDAY..? The YS match on the SUNDAY is no explanation in my book.. :blink:

I fear that this is almost demonstrating the BSPA's opinion of the National/Conference League, The worry is however, with noises coming from a few tracks questioning next years participation along with the uncertainty of Weymouth, when do the excuses that the NL is no longer viable start to appear, therefore leaving a few standalone clubs in limbo. Or will it be the 'we are dissapointed that the National League has not had the support from the clubs that it deserves and sorry to see it go' oscar worthy performances?

I fear that this is almost demonstrating the BSPA's opinion of the National/Conference League, The worry is however, with noises coming from a few tracks questioning next years participation along with the uncertainty of Weymouth, when do the excuses that the NL is no longer viable start to appear, therefore leaving a few standalone clubs in limbo. Or will it be the 'we are dissapointed that the National League has not had the support from the clubs that it deserves and sorry to see it go' oscar worthy performances?

If the national league goes,?? it will be through lack of support through the turnstyles.people go on about bringing on british youngsters but how many support them in this league.? Not enough for sure.. And the BSPA seem not to be bothered about it..The National league is at the crossroads and could be the thin end of the wedge for British speedway... :(

Edited by waco

And do you honestly think after all this that anybody's going to be bothered to make any kind of effort to turn up for a restaging..?! :angry:

I still think we need an explanation which actually makes sense... Why exactly is it that this meeting (Fours & NLRC) can't go ahead as planned on SATURDAY..? The YS match on the SUNDAY is no explanation in my book.. :blink:

All this is beginning to look like fixture changes by 'kneejerk.' If I remember correctly, when the NL events were scheduled originally over two days at the beginning of the month, Rye House offered an inclusive weekend ticket priced at £20. Even if Len has to charge a couple of pounds more now, surely this is doable.

What a shambles, the BSPA are a total disgrace :angry: . Its bad enough that this has been cancelled late with people coming from far away, going to a lot expense at the process. Why do it, Rye House are using Sunday so whats the problem with Saturday. Come on BSPA we want ANSWERS!!! :mad:

As someone said the kids in this league are our future and this is kick in the teeth from the BSPA MC. They are treating us like fools and wonder why people stay away at times.

Shocking :mad:

Edited by Brummie Kev

"what a shambles" "what a disgrace" What a flippin load of old tosh! Rye house Rockets, and to a lesser extent, Cobras, are len silvers BUSINESS at Rye House, the fact is, the nl matches were booked in it would appear, when there was a blank in uncle lennies fixture list.Due to some diabolical summer weather and an extended run in the young shield, where the rockets running is a must for the competition to be completed, that gap in the fixture list has been removed, possibly just put back.Can anyone honestly expect the track at hoddesdon to stand up to 2 days of racing, without running the risk of people moaning that the nl competitions had to make do with a second rate track cos its only the nl.

Another point, how succesful, especially in current financial climes would it be to expect people to put their hands in pockets 2 days in a row to watch speedway, cos lets face it i guess a decent proportion of the crowd would be rye fans anyway.

"what a bunch of moaners"

Another point, how succesful, especially in current financial climes would it be to expect people to put their hands in pockets 2 days in a row to watch speedway, cos lets face it i guess a decent proportion of the crowd would be rye fans anyway.

"what a bunch of moaners"

This comment often comes up. You can't expect people to pay out two days in a row. This is fine on the face of it. However, now let's go back to the 2nd/3rd October. Fans were expected to pay out for two days in a row then. Suppose those meetings were not rained off. Its a bit like saying; "We're not going to the Rye v Newport match because we already paid out to go to the NL fours and championship a fortnight ago.

This comment often comes up. You can't expect people to pay out two days in a row. This is fine on the face of it. However, now let's go back to the 2nd/3rd October. Fans were expected to pay out for two days in a row then. Suppose those meetings were not rained off. Its a bit like saying; "We're not going to the Rye v Newport match because we already paid out to go to the NL fours and championship a fortnight ago.

I agree if you couldnt afford to go to both then it makes no difference when they are staged if your forced to choose you'd choose what you want to go to delaying it makes no difference imo.

So has it been confirmed that it was 'postponed' because the track couldn't cope with meetings on 2 consecutive days?

Seems odd that it couldn't cope, what with the dry weather forecast?

It was always 50/50 that they'd have a semi final to fit in. If they lose that i bet they will bring the Ace of Herts

forward to the 24th and finish the season early, which would be an extra kick in the teeth if these important meetings never take place!

Edited by davidba

So has it been confirmed that it was 'postponed' because the track couldn't cope with meetings on 2 consecutive days?

Seems odd that it couldn't cope, what with the dry weather forecast?

David

It would be odd if this was the reason as they were planning on meetings on consecutive days on 2/3 October. They have also run meetings on consecutive days a number of times previously. Very disappointing all the same.

Regards

Eddie

Edited by WembleyLion

At the end of the day (well, the end of this, the sorriest day in the history of the third tier...) we need an answer. I was persuaded early on this morning, in that unique way some Speedway people 'in the know' have of subtle threats of "you'll get in trouble"..., that it wasn't the staging club Rye House at fault for this but the BSPA. RH's own club press statement more or less says as much too...

Yet, as many have said, the meeting that the BSPA allegedly insisted must go ahead this weekend (the YS semi home leg) is to happen on SUNDAY.

RH had committed themselves to staging the NLRC (which they've done successfully for a number of years now...) and the 4s Final; and once this was lost once to bad weather they'd set aside this SATURDAY afternoon (not a slot used before by the club...) for this 'double-header'

No-one as far as I can see, can think of any sensible or justifible reason why just because they must entertain Newport on the Sunday, that this original plan of the Saturday afternoon meeting can't go ahead.

Until the club themselves actually tell us WHY they've felt the need to cancel the NL events on Saturday, I really can't see how there can be any closure to this matter...

At the end of the day (well, the end of this, the sorriest day in the history of the third tier...) we need an answer. I was persuaded early on this morning, in that unique way some Speedway people 'in the know' have of subtle threats of "you'll get in trouble"..., that it wasn't the staging club Rye House at fault for this but the BSPA. RH's own club press statement more or less says as much too...

Yet, as many have said, the meeting that the BSPA allegedly insisted must go ahead this weekend (the YS semi home leg) is to happen on SUNDAY.

RH had committed themselves to staging the NLRC (which they've done successfully for a number of years now...) and the 4s Final; and once this was lost once to bad weather they'd set aside this SATURDAY afternoon (not a slot used before by the club...) for this 'double-header'

No-one as far as I can see, can think of any sensible or justifible reason why just because they must entertain Newport on the Sunday, that this original plan of the Saturday afternoon meeting can't go ahead.

Until the club themselves actually tell us WHY they've felt the need to cancel the NL events on Saturday, I really can't see how there can be any closure to this matter...