British Speedway Forum

I think you will find that Johno is an assett of Birmingham until midnight 31st of October. At which time Gary Patchett will no longer be in Charge at Brummieland. I presume that Johno's contract then reverts to swindon.

I think you will find that Johno is an assett of Birmingham until midnight 31st of October. At which time Gary Patchett will no longer be in Charge at Brummieland. I presume that Johno's contract then reverts to swindon.

I thought that Newman and Johnno are technically assets of Gary Patchett but has stated that we can have first dibs on them if we want. Could be wrong mind as the more I read on here the more I doubt my own mind. Either way Newman would be a great signing whilst Johnno can go elsewhere for me. Looks like a rider on a downward spiral and last year could always be relied upon to produce a poor ride just when we didn't need him to.

I thought Birmingham bought his contract out right.

How about this team/s:

1. Jason Lyons 9.17

2. Richard Sweetman 7.68

3. Rusty Harrison 6.92

4. Paul Clews 5.51 (2.5% reduction)

5. Chris Kerr 5.47

6. Kyle Newman 3.61 (2.5% reduction) OR Klaus Jakobsen 4.70

7. Tom Perry 3.00

Total: 41.36 OR 42.45

Surely Sweets will go EL next year (if there is one! :wink:).

IMO Fred could do with another year in the NL, with occasional PL outings. Too early for full time.

TBH, wouldn't want Johno back anyway.

So did we - and Newman's - but it seems that Patchett has pulled a fast one, which has lowered him a long way in my estimation. :angry:

Edited by *JJ

So did we - and Newman's - but it seems that Patchett has pulled a fast one, which has lowered him a long way in my estimation. :angry:

Nothing underhand here. As it was explained to me, Kyle is a lifelong Poole supporter and when it became apparent that Patch would not be promoting at Birmingham next year this would have meant that Kyle would have become an assett of Swindon. Kyle did not want that, being a Poole fan, and so now remains a Newport assett.

This has little bearing on whether or not Kyle rides for Brum next year as the club he has just ridden for has first choice for the next season (or so I have been told) and, in any case, it is up to the rider to make that choice, not his parent club.

Robert Branford and Jason Garrity would be good for the Brummies, both young and exciting to watch both will go along way in speedway if handled properly.

Delighted Mick Bratley is staying on board :) , hes been fantastic for the Brummies and is well like by all the fans. The "Sunday Funday" and "Make me a Fan" promotions he has introduced have been a resounding success and it would have been a great shame if he wasnt here in 2011.

Its clear he was doing something right if he has turned down two Elite League Clubs and a fellow Premier League Club to stay with the Brummies.

I cant forget about mentioning Bratters Programme Notes, the highlight of the 2010 Brummies Programme. Very Very Funny and a fantastic read, so Im delighted we can all enjoy reading them once again in 2011.

Its been a few weeks since the Brummies season ended but at last we have some good news to talk about. :approve:

Edited by Brummie Kev

1st signing; Mick Bratley.

Good move.

As Team Manager I presume ?

Probably not I'd say.

bratley is going to be a co-promoter I belive accodring to Tony Mole.

I went to the WM forum last night, Tony Mole gave a great account of himself and his enthusiasm for the Brummies last night. Anyones fears will be erased when they hear Tony speaking. All 4 panelists were excellent. Im not sure if one or 2 of Tai's jokes will be broadcastable - I was able to get the full 100 min undedited version last night, so what will be filled up in the 50 mins or so tonight will be interesting. Ive listened to it twice and Birmingham were well represented on air.

Actually one or 2 of Tonys comments were also very surprising to hear. And with openness and honesty like that - its definitely the way forward for the club.

Very pleased to see Tony back. he gave a great insight into several subjects - and appears to be more honest than most in his approach towards the fans, regarding what was said last night. The loss of Patchett is not as big as a loss as many Brummies fans may think.

Well worth tuning in for.

I very much doubt that.

At the speedway forum last night, Tony Mole indicated that the team manager would be experienced. Read into that what you like.

Edited by willp

He also said from what I recall, that an (experienced) team manager would be announced in due course, I dont expect an announcement in the immediate future. It may take some time.

He also said from what I recall, that an (experienced) team manager would be announced in due course, I dont expect an announcement in the immediate future. It may take some time.

On the way from the forum last night I decided to listen to Radio WM on the off chance. There was a piece advertising the airing of the forum and the commentator said that TM had just confirmed to him that there would be an announcement about the team manager within a week.

Make of that what you will.