British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SwineTown

Blunsdon Abbey Stadium - Sbc Planning Meeting

I couldn't see this anywhere else, so I have put it in here.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8627404.New_life_breathed_into_stadium_plan/

Did you read the comments from readers at the bottom of that article.... the anti greyhound

mob are out again.... sad sad people.

Anyway, good luck to all at Swindon speedway, specially the fans. Hope the new stadium gets built sooner rather

than later.

Who knows what is going on with this.

I guess at the end of the day Stadia UK run stadiums and if they demolish the old stadium and build commercial and residential property in its place without constructing the new stadium, then they will be losing their core business. If they continue to demolish their stadiums and not replace them, they won't have much of a business left.

Of course, there's nothing to stop them selling the houses and re-investing the proceeds into buying more land to build on, but then that would make them property developers.

the dreaded GRA have been Property Developers for years. they purchased and demolished so many famous venues just because of their land value. i wont believe anything until the proposed new stadiums at reading and swindon start being built.

Who knows what is going on with this.

I guess at the end of the day Stadia UK run stadiums and if they demolish the old stadium and build commercial and residential property in its place without constructing the new stadium, then they will be losing their core business. If they continue to demolish their stadiums and not replace them, they won't have much of a business left.

Of course, there's nothing to stop them selling the houses and re-investing the proceeds into buying more land to build on, but then that would make them property developers.

Stadia UK CEO - Clarke Osbourne, who is also a Director of Pontins, who have plunged into Administration today (thought the UK holiday scene was booming)

As I have already said Stadia UK have a shocking record when it comes to promises over stadiums, the fact that Blunsdon is falling into rapid decay is very worrying, do they have an alterior motive??

Stadia UK CEO - Clarke Osbourne, who is also a Director of Pontins, who have plunged into Administration today (thought the UK holiday scene was booming)

As I have already said Stadia UK have a shocking record when it comes to promises over stadiums, the fact that Blunsdon is falling into rapid decay is very worrying, do they have an alterior motive??

Fiesta, i have exactly the same thoughts, are they waiting for public health to close the venue down? The owners have no interest in building a new stadium, this is never a healthy situation, will not beleive in this new stadium until the day it opens. :(

Fiesta, i have exactly the same thoughts, are they waiting for public health to close the venue down? The owners have no interest in building a new stadium, this is never a healthy situation, will not beleive in this new stadium until the day it opens. :(

Don't want join the doom and gloom merchants but it sounds like another Long Eaton waiting to happen. Promises of a stadium evaporated into thin air and now the houses are being built on the old land. Everyone saw it coming but the timescale was bit longer than first thought.

To all Swindon supporters, get fighting now before it is too late.

Don't want join the doom and gloom merchants but it sounds like another Long Eaton waiting to happen. Promises of a stadium evaporated into thin air and now the houses are being built on the old land. Everyone saw it coming but the timescale was bit longer than first thought.

It's been mentioned before but the council will not allow anything to happen to the area without the speedway/dogs stadium staying or being rebuilt, any plans without that would be chucked out.

Part of the reason that Stadia UK backed down a few years ago was the stance of the council.

Yes "The Blunsdon Abbey" is old but hardly about to fall down and in my opinion it would be far cheaper renovate which many would like to see.

It's been mentioned before but the council will not allow anything to happen to the area without the speedway/dogs stadium staying or being rebuilt, any plans without that would be chucked out.

Part of the reason that Stadia UK backed down a few years ago was the stance of the council.

Yes "The Blunsdon Abbey" is old but hardly about to fall down and in my opinion it would be far cheaper renovate which many would like to see.

Bobski, the state of the toilets on the back straight is enough to close the place down, never mind anything else....

:blink:

Exactly what the council said at Long Eaton!!

having just read the document, they want to extend the period of "doing nothing" from 3 to 5 years, so nothings going to happen.

#

plus the costs the council now want has almost doubled what the devloper wants to pay.

i would suggest that nothing much will happen until 2015 at the earliest

Something is going to happen , another 4 years of decay of the Abbey Stadium until it closes because of health and safety issues, and probably a change of Mp/local councillors then the developers can do everyone a favour by clearing the site and putting a nice tidy housing estate on it. with the full backing of the new mp's/council. Thats what you call. Playing the long game

Something is going to happen , another 4 years of decay of the Abbey Stadium until it closes because of health and safety issues, and probably a change of Mp/local councillors then the developers can do everyone a favour by clearing the site and putting a nice tidy housing estate on it. with the full backing of the new mp's/council. Thats what you call. Playing the long game

Spot on Speedie....

Planning permission has already been granted.