British Speedway Forum

Do we need to start off with imports though Jules? It's an extra off track cost again and Doolan would be a safer bet for away matches

I just think that Dawid has found his level in the UK as a reliable 4-4.5pt EL rider (8-9 PL), he proved he can adapt to new tracks and be competitive when he scored 12'' in the Newcastle away leg on a track I don't believe he'd ever seen before.

It's not a case of chosing "imports" first, it's more being realistic, CL seems to like Dawid and I think he's pretty solid aswell, a lot is said about Polish riders but Dawid has been very very dedicated to Ipswich in some very difficult circumstances which I think is very much appreciated by the promotion, so, if it's in his and the promotions interests then I'd be amazed if they didn't try and use him in the PL next year (if indeed that is where we are to ride) - and he is a Ipswich asset so no loan fee's to pay

I reckon Ippo will look like:

1. Stachyra

2. Hawkins

3. Poole

4. Schramm

5. Rempala

6. Jacobs/Rayson

7. Hart

Don't know about close, think you could well be spot on!

Should have known we'd be in the Premier League as soon as mickthemuppet said it would never happen :rolleyes:

Spot on??? Really???

I can't see Lanham returning, Stachyra would be the better option at No5.

With the louis' as they are would they consider Kozza and also young Joe Jacobs, could he make the complete jump up, perhaps D/Up rider for the first year just to test the premier shale so to speak, but other wise, strong squad which could tempt me onto the terraces more often.

Shouldn't what team Ipswich put out in 2011 be in the PL section? :neutral:

Spot on??? Really???

I can't see Lanham returning, Stachyra would be the better option at No5.

Yes really. Why does everybody seem to have such a hang up about Lanham? He's a solid Premier League performer and has a realistic average. Unlike Stachyra!! I don't understand the support of including him either. Unless there is a change in the Elite/Premier conversion rates, then Stachyra will get nowhere near 9.16 so you'd be losing points there to start with.

Edited by Bloomy

Shouldn't what team Ipswich put out in 2011 be in the PL section? :neutral:

It will be when its confirmed :rolleyes:

I reckon Ippo will look like:

1. Stachyra

2. Hawkins

3. Poole

4. Schramm

5. Rempala

6. Jacobs/Rayson

7. Hart

Doolan seems nailed on which is sensible as he knows the Premier tracks like the back of his hand. Swap Stachyra for Doolan and again you could be close there. Only doubt could be Rempala although i'd love to see him in the line up.

Doolan seems nailed on which is sensible as he knows the Premier tracks like the back of his hand. Swap Stachyra for Doolan and again you could be close there. Only doubt could be Rempala although i'd love to see him in the line up.

If this is a new start in a new league for Ipswich I'd steer well clear of the Poles!

Don't think for a minute that because Stachyra averages 4.5 in the EL, he will average 9 plus as a heat leader in the PL. He has never seen most of the tracks, and would be a weak heat leader imo. I appreciate he rode well at Newcastle but there will be probably 14/15 new tracks for him to ride

Doolan has previous Ipswich connections and would be a brilliant No 1. Add Schramm, Poole, and Hart and you have a decent team coming together. Maybe the return of Jason Bunyan could be on the cards? As for Jacobs and Rayson both excellent prospects but maybe the 2012 reserve pairing but I'm not sure they are quite ready yet for the PL.

1. Doolan

2. Hawkins

3. Schramm

4. Poole

5. Bunyan ?

6. Hart

Edited by PhilK

Doolan would be a cracking signing, he did well for us when he rode for the Witches in 2005. As for Marcin Rempala, depends on which Rempala was to show up. If it's the Rempala of old, then forget it....... but if it is the Rempala of last season with his stint at Berwick, then I'll happily accept him.

I guess we'll know for definite within next few days where Ippo will be, but if its true, then goodbye Delete League :approve::lol:

The same Rempala that was AWFUL at THIS SEASONS 16 Lapper?

No thanks, I was really looking forward to seeing him again that night a month or so ago, remembering how he used to ride totally balls to the wall and his rave reviews from Berwick supporters - and he done none of it, was really disappointing, maybe if the corner banking is added (as expected) this winter then he might be able to do a job at home but for me he's a bigger gamble than Dawid.

How about Zibi Suchecki? He was definetly the more talented of the two when they rode at reserve for us a few years ago but a bad injury has stopped him in his tracks pretty much ever since, any idea where he is now and what PL average he might be?

The same Rempala that was AWFUL at THIS SEASONS 16 Lapper?

No thanks, I was really looking forward to seeing him again that night a month or so ago, remembering how he used to ride totally balls to the wall and his rave reviews from Berwick supporters - and he done none of it, was really disappointing, maybe if the corner banking is added (as expected) this winter then he might be able to do a job at home but for me he's a bigger gamble than Dawid.

How about Zibi Suchecki? He was definetly the more talented of the two when they rode at reserve for us a few years ago but a bad injury has stopped him in his tracks pretty much ever since, any idea where he is now and what PL average he might be?

I cannot really comment on Marcin at the 16-lapper as I wasn't there. As for Suchecki, no thanks! :lol: 3.65EL was his average when he rode here before, but ideally, I want a Polish free team next season! Because they're all the same........ gating tarts :P

I want a Polish free team next season! Because they're all the same........ gating tarts :P

Also its a big risk for a Premier League club to include Polish Riders with Sunday Meetings. However I think Polish Riders that ride in the PL have to take out an ACU License now, after the problems we had with Tomasz Piszcz.

I think Wilkinson could be a good choice with Foxhall as a home PL track,he's good to watch and gets real stuck in and knows the tracks,oh and the lad is English!

Would Kings Lynn be that keen to allow their local rivals to use 2 of their assets ? Plus if Ipswich are potless where would they find the money to buy Doolan ?

I think Wilkinson could be a good choice with Foxhall as a home PL track,he's good to watch and gets real stuck in and knows the tracks,oh and the lad is English!

Not after last season when he "rode" for us, no thanks