British Speedway Forum
tanya

New Year Classic - Newport

I understand Chris Neath turned it down because of the high chance there will be snow on the ground. And it totally confuses him, having more than one white line to follow :shock::D

Sorry Chris, see you next year at the start line, with me beer in me hand :wink:

The NYC has been a twelve rider competition more often than not.

That's irrelevant - it doesn't make it a good format just because 'its traditional'.

I might stand corrected but from memory last years meeting had 16 riders in it to start with, with the likes of Iversen included in the meeting.

That's irrelevant - it doesn't make it a good format just because 'its traditional'.

It's not irrelevant. That is the reason. I merely pointed out that only twelve riders were named because the meeting is a twelve rider format meeting. At no point have I said it's a good format.

I might stand corrected but from memory last years meeting had 16 riders in it to start with, with the likes of Iversen included in the meeting.

May I suggest you go away and find a sturdy brick wall and bang your head against it until it bleeds. Then go and look up the meaning of the words "more often than not". Then bang your head against the wall until you pass out. It might knock some intelligence into you.

The NYC has been a twelve rider competition more often than not.

A certain poster from over the Bristol Channel has been a serial whinger more often than not as well.

I'll think of you all in the Arctic for this one while I'm heading for Mildura - expected temp 46C.

May I suggest you go away and find a sturdy brick wall and bang your head against it until it bleeds. Then go and look up the meaning of the words "more often than not". Then bang your head against the wall until you pass out. It might knock some intelligence into you.

Awesome Comment! (Facebook like)

It's not irrelevant. That is the reason. I merely pointed out that only twelve riders were named because the meeting is a twelve rider format meeting. At no point have I said it's a good format.

You missed the point - I know exactly what 'more often than not' means, I was just stating how the Malletts used this format previously and it now seems strange to adopt a worse format for the meeting.

I wanted to know why a 12 rider format was used, as oppose to the much more used and common 16 rider format - That is all.

A certain poster from over the Bristol Channel has been a serial whinger more often than not as well.

I'll take it that was aimed at me - I havn't whinged at anything. I asked a simple question, which no one has answered yet.

At least RocketBen earlier in the thread took my post as it was intended.

You missed the point - I know exactly what 'more often than not' means, I was just stating how the Malletts used this format previously and it now seems strange to adopt a worse format for the meeting.

I wanted to know why a 12 rider format was used, as oppose to the much more used and common 16 rider format - That is all.

The twelve rider format is more common for the NYC. You're only moaning because you prefer the sixteen rider format. Just accept that they're using the twelve rider format this year and shut up. If you don't like it, don't go. Just stop bleating about it on here.

The twelve rider format is more common for the NYC. You're only moaning because you prefer the sixteen rider format. Just accept that they're using the twelve rider format this year and shut up. If you don't like it, don't go. Just stop bleating about it on here.

Nobody is moaning, I asked a pretty reasonable question which you're now kicking up a stink as someone has questioned something.

Same applies to you.. if you don't like it, don't read it.

Nobody is moaning, I asked a pretty reasonable question which you're now kicking up a stink as someone has questioned something.

You asked a question and I answered it. You gave a sarcastic reply to my answer. Then you changed your mind about what question you asked. You asked why twelve names and not sixteen, then you seemed to think you asked why it was a twelve rider format and not a sixteen rider format.

You made several references to the twelve rider format being not as good as the sixteen rider format, that sounds like moaning to me.

You seem to be questioning why they chose the twelve rider format, I explained that it's mostly been a twelve rider format. If the format had differed from the usual it might be worth questioning, but you seem to want to go on about it simply because you don't like the format.

I'm not kicking up a stink because someone questioned something. I answered your question. You seemed to have failed to understand my answer and your own question.

One of the main reasons it is a twelve rider format is actual rider availablity !!

Also I have spent hours and hours trying to devise a suitable alternative formula for 12 riders where they all meet at least once but every time I think I am coming close to cracking it unfortunately it does not work so we have had to go with the format used before.. and I believe Scunthorpe are using the same for their Christmas Cracker on Dec 27th.

One of the main reasons it is a twelve rider format is actual rider availablity !!

That's the answer I was looking for - Thanks.

I'll think of you all in the Arctic for this one while I'm heading for Mildura - expected temp 46C.

you lucky bugger, hope you have a nice trip, Ill be thinking of you while I watch the classic. seven layers of clothes and still bloody cold.

It's hardly rocket science.

Clearly it must be, as you failed to give that answer in the numerous replies that you made to me in this thread. The answer for a 12 rider format as confirmed by 'Main Man' is due to lack of rider availability, otherwise I'm assuming it would be a 16 rider format.

I do find it hard to believe there are only 10 riders from this Country that want to/can ride in the NYC, but if that's the official reason, then fair enough and I wish them all the success in running the event.

The answer for a 12 rider format as confirmed by 'Main Man' is due to lack of rider availability, otherwise I'm assuming it would be a 16 rider format.

And that is something you really wanted to know?