British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Perhaps compromise will mean that Cov will race, we'll have a 40 limit, the rules regarding the 8.00 will stand, however Pawlicki will keep his 4.00 average

And CVS will get Kerr on 3.24 :wink::D

I just wish this situation could be settled amicably. It has done the cause of Speedway a great deal of damage.

We say we want greater exposure for our Sport in the media - I don't know why when things like this go on. I think that the lack of media interest is a bit of a positive at the moment. Not only are we lumbered with quite a few stupid Rules - we have self interested Promoters (on BOTH sides) trying to prove themselves right and Speedway is the main thing that suffers.

For those with the best interests of the Sport at heart - let's just hope that a workable agreement can be sorted out and that Coventry can ride in the Elite League.

Might it also not be a good idea, in the interests of harmony, to allow Peterborough into the Premier League. If it can be done at this late stage - then - it SHOULD be done. The door to the Premier League was slammed on them far too quickly, and, it seems to outside observers like me, with nothing other than vindictive intent. Revenge is never a good thing.

Perhaps compromise will mean that Cov will race, we'll have a 40 limit, the rules regarding the 8.00 will stand, however Pawlicki will keep his 4.00 average, this rule will be effective from 2011 & not retrospectivelyblink.gif . PBoro get to race in the PL & finally we will get a full review looking into the possibility of an independent body to run Brit Speedway.rolleyes.gificon_smile_approve.gif

Seem's like a sensible compromise to me.unsure.gif

I would assume that will be the conditions, for which coventry come back to the drawing board. However, I think all other riders will be given 11 meeting averages in 2011. (Lasse Bjerre, Chris Kerr and William Lawson)

Edited by superguest

Well we know 8 Clubs didn't agree with it.

And just becsue you agree with something doesn't make it right!

The easiest way to have stopped all the nonsense was to make assessed riders at six points, no one could have complained, but they didn't why?

Look forward to you lot whinging wen the rules are changed and they effect your team I assume you will be happy then.

This mess is not os coventrys making, if they just stopped pissing around with the rules every year, we would all now where we stand.

We expect the rules to change every year, pretty much someone is demanding something or they will walk away.

Look at Eastbourne, every year they want the average lower and lower, every year it seems Coventry have to pay for a rider rather than lone them, effectively Coventry have been subsidising Eastbourne

Why do Eastbourne always get the rule changes they want and demand? They are always threatening to close down.

Poole last year threatened to go NL I'd they didn't get what they wanted.

It's just the same old winter arguments, but this time they have bitten off to much.

Some good points there Phil

Produce your own talent if you don't want to pay for others'.

Produce some supporters!

If the BSPA have backed downb, even to compromise then it sets a worrying precedence for other promoters to throw their toys out the pram in future AGMs to get what they want.

If Sandhu as backed down and accepted the AGM rulings then fill credit to him for seeing sense.

Thtat's very much hitting the nail on the head :approve: and something that has been utterly brushed aside by the Sandhu supporters.

According to this weeks speedway star, it is stated:

'both clubs are committed to reach a point where speedway becomes more transparent, run in an impartial way and members concerns can be raised in a productive forum'

It would be very surprising, then, if there is a compromise and it is solely about rules and regulations, because according to that statement at least it was never about that anyway.

These new rules? What are they again? The vote was 5-4 if you believe Ronnie Russell, so do not try and spin it into 8-1. That is like saying 100% of UK are behind a Conservative-Lib Dem coalition, even though 0% voted for that particular outcome.

The ConDem coalition certainly don't have 100% of the UK population behind them. But the fact is they have 100% of the government. The only way for the opposition to change the government is to make a good argument for what they believe in and persuade people to change the government at the next election. That's what Sandhu has to do. Put forward his argument and hope that enough people agree with him at the next AGM.

When Cov come back (as they surely will) it can surely only be under the 2011 BSPA rules. KL and Birmingham joined the league under those rules (and indeed KL have almost finalised their team based on that) and wouldn't they have a right to take action if the rules were changed to suit Coventry? (not that they would).

It's hard to imagine that there won't be some sort of review of the workings of the BSPA during the coming year and hopefully that will be compromise enough for Coventry to commit to 2011.

Know body knows what the rules are for 2011 yet they have not been issued no statement from Bspa on running rules for 2011

PL coversion back to 50%.

Wouldn't that mean that Ipswich and Newcastle would be over the PL team building limit?

Bit of a pointless argument. King's Lynn and Birmingham DID move up.

No it's not. Coventry and Peterborough rightly stood up against the establishment and the BSPA called their bluff by enticing Birmingham and Kings Lynn to step up. Tony Mole would have helped the BSPA based on certain conditions being guaranteed and I expect that the Chapmans took a little coaxing. Buster is no fool and the deal would have had to be good.

My reckoning is that the BSPA bluff backfired, as 'Poker face Sandhu' called in his cavalry of lawyers and they then realised they were in a fight that they could well lose. Hence the emargo on all Coventry assets and the mediation talks to reach a compromise and have the Bees back in the EL in 2011.

I have a feeling that Peterborough will get a PL place if that's what they want, regardless of what's been printed on the subject so far.

Expect to see a few ammendments to the rules set at the AGM and expect a joint statement from the BSPA and Coventry/Peterborough saying nice things about each other and that all will be rosy in the speedway garden from now on.

The likes of Shovlar, Eastern Wolf, Stevebrum, Tsunami can continue to badmouth the Coventry management, but the real facts of this will never be released and so the hearsay can continue right up to the first meeting of next season.

Many of us are of the opinion that this has spooked the BSPA and will have an effect on how they arrive at decisions in the future. The fact that Coventry and their embargoed riders were always going to be included next season in the EL proves that there were a few squeeky bums on MC.

Just my slant on things of course. :D

I think the point being made is that we the paying public have not been made aware of any of the proposed "new" rules, therefore it could be said that we would never know if they had been changed/compromised or not. I guess the 40 limit is pretty certain as Gary patchett said as much in Speedway Star, but as for the rest, nothing has been published officially, not as far as I am aware anyway.

Regards, Martin

Haven't teams been signing riders on the new conversion rules?

If the Peterborough Panthers are to race in a league in 2011 it should be in there rightful place of the Elite Lge they are an EL team with EL assets and thus should race in that lge

I did presume you meant the 20 regular Coventry posters as I said, but that still doesn't mean 'most' aren't in favour of a compromise or very little. How do you know? At a guess I would think that less than 10 have given any viewpoint and it just seems like the place is overrun with Bees fans because the same people are making similar posts. Everyone is going round and round in circles when nobody really knows anything.

Spot on Gemini you speak more sense than a lot of people on here

Haven't teams been signing riders on the new conversion rules?

We don't know. It's not too much of an issue if they have - Ipswich (Morten Risager), Plymouth (Ben Barker) and Workington (James Wright) are the only PL teams to have signed EL riders (and it could very easily be agreed to keep it at the new figure for El to PL purposes), while EL teams who had already signed a rider would only benefit.