British Speedway Forum

Think it deserves a thread,

First five riders confirmed are Joonas Klymakorpi, Bjarne Pedersen, Tyron Proctor, Shane Parker and Justin Sedgmen,

For more info see the rebels website.

Please lets get a big crowd down for a great man, he will not be forgotten.

With this meeting just under a week away the full field and rider order are complete, and it looks like a good field for the inaugural running of the event. Hopefully there will be a great turn out to honour the man who was affectionally known as'Mr Somerset' and 'The King', and to help provide for his daughter, Nelly

The following is taken from the Rebels official website:

RIDING ORDER FOR EMIL KRAMER MEMORIAL MEETING

The draw for the riding order for Fridays Emil Kramer Memorial Meeting was made in the clubhouse following the Rebels win over Ipswich.

The riding order will be 1) Ty Proctor, 2) Cameron Woodward, 3) Emiliano Sanchez, 4) Sam Masters, 5) Ricky Wells, 6) Christian Hefenbrock, 7) Dakota North, 8) Davey Watt, 9) Shane Parker, 10) Kevin Doolan, 11) Cory Gathercole, 12) Joonas Klymakorpi, 13) Justin Sedgmen, 14) Travis McGowan, 15) Bjarne Pedersen, 16) Darcy Ward (subject to fitness)

Fans are asked to note that with the need complete 22 heats prior to our 10pm curfew time the rider parade will take place at 7.20pm with tapes up on heat 1 at 7.30pm.

Additionally, admission prices for this meeting will be increased by £1 across all categories on the standard admission price, with each additional £1 collected going direct to Nellys Trust Fund, and that season tickets are not valid for this meeting.

Edited by womble53

The Somerset Rider Equipment Fund (SREF) have made "Emil Ribbons" and will have them on sale on the night, they are a minimum of £1 with all proceeds from the sale of the ribbons going to Emil's Daughter's Trust Fund.

So please buy one and pin on your coat to show you remember.

Ill be down for this all being well tomorrow.

I miss seing Emil down at the Oak Tree. He'l be watching down for this one for sure.

Good meeting lastnight.

Thought Sam Masters rode extremely well, to beat Watt, Ward and Bjarne in a nights work is no mean feat.

Shame the track went to bits. There was no outside line what so ever in the second half of the meeting, and whoever gated won. Very strange as it's never like that down there.

Kylmakorpi was a joy to watch arround the Oak Tree, great style. If the outside line had still been there, he could have won.

Bjarne came good in the end. Trav did very well, Cory dissapointing surprisingly.

Dakota seemed to throw his toys again, this time at Masters, after Sam dived up the inside of him fairly hard when they met. Not the last of his tantrums I doubt.

Good meeting lastnight.

Thought Sam Masters rode extremely well, to beat Watt, Ward and Bjarne in a nights work is no mean feat.

Shame the track went to bits. There was no outside line what so ever in the second half of the meeting, and whoever gated won. Very strange as it's never like that down there.

Kylmakorpi was a joy to watch arround the Oak Tree, great style. If the outside line had still been there, he could have won.

Bjarne came good in the end. Trav did very well, Cory dissapointing surprisingly.

Dakota seemed to throw his toys again, this time at Masters, after Sam dived up the inside of him fairly hard when they met. Not the last of his tantrums I doubt.

Not much said about Darcy?! Thought he did really well in his first comeback meeting to finish 2nd. Great job and a good meeting for my first visit to Somerset.

Good meeting lastnight.

Think you need to read what you wrote, as either your talking Bo$$ocks or the texter on the updates for the meeting was!

"Shame about the track went to bits" according to the updates there was good racing and comments from the texter throughtout the meeting.

"Kylmakorpi" are you assuming he would have won the meeting? apparently Kylmakorpi used the outside line in one particluar race and won it, think you will find he retired in heat 8 and won all his others, so fail to see your point!

Good meeting lastnight.

I think i know why.also new track Curator, still getting to grips with things.

I think i know why.also new track Curator, still getting to grips with things.

What do you mean "i think i know why"? And whats a new track curator got to do with it? Surely a track is a track and riders ride it regardless!

Or are you like Adam74 a armchair track curator? Perhaps if Adam74 is that good of a track expert, then perhaps you could both help this new track curator!

Edited by you cant see me

Track slickens off after 22 heats - shock horror :blink:

Give over... they shook hands after, don't make an issue out of nothing.

Who is doing the track now at Somerset, is it not EZ? A bit worrying the comments about the track as there were adverse comments from away fans after the first meeting.