British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

National League Pairs

hows the weather?

Currently raining about 6 miles east of the track.

EDIT @ 11:48 - Now sunny

Edited by LFC1892

thanks we are leaving about 3.30 so any updates would be appreciated

How's the track?

oval 285m shale on !! :wink:

with a real watering from the sky should be good!! :rolleyes:

if Kerr is riding it'll be in place of Knight as i saw Campos had said earlier that he had his bikes ready for tomorrow.

Certainly not replacing Jake, he's on his way and raring to go.

Weather improving as day goes on and track should be good after having rain on it. Looks like being a cracker !! Gates open 5.30. Parade at 7pm .....see you there!! :approve:

Just had a call from Steve Mallett from the stadium. The meeting is definately on and the track looks perfect.

Well done to Stoke pairings Simon Lambert and Tim Webster. Simon now goes into the history books as the only rider to win the NL Pairs title 3 times.

2007 with Paul Cooper and 2008 with James Cockle. Well done.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not a bad meeting, couple of good races. Thought we had thrown it away when Webster's bike played up in heat 16, but Dudley messed up their last race and we capitalised!

So happy right now! Congrats to Tim and Simon :D

Originally, not happy that I had to miss this due to a family commitment. Now I'm glad I spent a brilliant evening away from Herne blowing it for Todd Kurtz. Webster beats Herne, I give up! Hernes lack of performance has made my mind up not to bother Friday and probably for any future Hornets matches.

Edited by judgejules

Usually see a good meeting at Newport but this wasn't one of them - aside from a fantastic race between Richie Worrall and Jason Garrity.

Gate must have been disappointing, 400 or so at most.

Congratulations to Stoke, worthy winners and a quick mention for the Fen Tigers - somewhat unfancied, I suspect, but a very fine performance which deserved a place in the bizarrely and sadly missing semi finals.

Usually see a good meeting at Newport but this wasn't one of them - aside from a fantastic race between Richie Worrall and Jason Garrity.

Congratulations to Stoke, worthy winners and a quick mention for the Fen Tigers - somewhat unfancied, I suspect, but a very fine performance which deserved a place in the bizarrely and sadly missing semi finals.

What happened to the semi's then? Change of format or NL rules?

Well done Tigers and not a young aussie in sight. Well for Mildenhall anyway :lol:

Edited by norwichkev

What happened to the semi's then? Change of format or NL rules?

Well done Tigers and not a young aussie in sight :lol:

Not sure, Kev, but it was bloody stupid not to have them (I can only suggest saving money).

Wasn't keen on Hargreaves signing for Mildenhall but the lad has definitely won me over. He always gives 100% and pulled off a terrific team ride to keep Blackbird in front of Dudley. :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Maybe Hargreaves could be the answer for the Witches at number 6?

Bizarre is the word HT! You are only talking two more races, surely not that difficult.

With the dodgy weather around the country plus a large number of speedway fans heading back to the area for the GP next weekend it was hardly suprising that there was a low crowd. Not the best planning as usual :rolleyes:

Well done to the Fen Tigers lads, a fine effort.