British Speedway Forum

I wonder how much they will charge for this, considering every single year riders pull out. If its £20, its a complete joke :angry:

I wonder how much they will charge for this, considering every single year riders pull out. If its £20, its a complete joke :angry:

The solution is simple - Don't go!

I certainly be wasting good money on a joke meeting. The problem is, some will.. :rolleyes:

I reckon it will be more than the PLRC which was £20

I reckon it will be more than the PLRC which was £20

Whilst the ELRC is now considered a joke event, the PLRC attracks a very good crowd. Therefore, they can name their price (without being too greedy). The reverse strategy needs to be used for the ELRC. Reduced admission to get PL and EL fans through the gates. However, until all the riders take this meeting seriously, the fans will not. Get 16 riders with an average of 6.5 and above and it'll be a great meeting.

Edited by superguest

It's £25 for adults :angry:

add on the prog and it will be nearly 30 quid, far too expensive for this type of meeting. :shock:

+ travel, food, drink and half the number one's will be a no-show for various reasons. mad0025.gif

but on the PLUS side - Rory must be amongst the favourites!! He rides Swindon pretty well this year!!! icon_smile_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Oh for the 'Good Old Days' when Riders were honoured to appear in the BLRC. Ask Briggo, Mauger, Wilson etc. Winning the Meeting in those days REALLY meant something.

Scott Nicholls has won the Event Six Times - so has Briggo - BUT - there is no comparison in the opposition.

More to the point does anyone care.

Riders don't particularly care about their clubs and fans, agreed, forget it!

Oh dear -- I was going to try and go to this after a season of far fewer attendances than normal (including home,away and Cardiff) due to family illness and work but now think I will give it a miss. I believe there is a grasstrack meeting the following day at Worcester which will include a lot of solo racing plus many others -- if the weather behaves I think it will be far better value for money. Sad but true.

Edited by fliss44

Oh for the 'Good Old Days' when Riders were honoured to appear in the BLRC. Ask Briggo, Mauger, Wilson etc. Winning the Meeting in those days REALLY meant something.

Scott Nicholls has won the Event Six Times - so has Briggo - BUT - there is no comparison in the opposition.

Dont think Messrs.Nicholls or Wilson have won the event WK. Remember the great Briggo winning it 6 times in a row in the 60s. I think it was held at Belle Vue from the early 60s to early 90s. All the top riders have won it...Mauger, Olsen, Nielsen, Gundersen, Ricko, Crump, Adams, Collins, Ermolenko, Pedersen, Carter, Richardson etc.,

Too expensive for me and 'er indoors...50 quid, bleedin' rip-off if all the top riders aren't there :blink::angry: . Will be going to Bath Races the next day...2 tickets for £16, better facilties as well.

Edited by keef

£25 :o :o :o

The bloody World Cup meeting at King's Lynn was only £15 & I don't think I'll be travelling for this to watch Kenny Bjerre take the capital P again