British Speedway Forum

Ritchie Hawkins has replaced Mat Tressarieu no reason given for that change so far, and still no news of the 12th rider taking part.

How will young Heeps get on at the next level?

The lad clearly has talent and has a big future in the sport but i hope the supporters won't have big expectations of him Thursday. Looking at the line up, its very difficult to see him scoring anything at all. One thing i've noticed from his time in the NL this season, is when he's come up against a rider with PL experience such as Simon Lambert, Todd Kurtz, the Worralls etc, he's more often than not come off second best.

Thats not a criticism of him at all as imo he'll very soon surpass all those riders, but compared to the riders in the field at Foxhall on Thursday, he's still very inexperienced and behind that level at the moment.

He'll no doubt be on the pace though and we'll get a rough idea of whether he can do damage in a PL reserve berth next season. One thing we have to remember, is that by the time the tapes go up in March next year and with a winter of racing behind him in Australia, he will improve again on the level he's at now.

I wonder how many Witches fans think this meeting (the 16 lapper) is very stale and about time it was put to bed for good. Why not replace it with "The Star of Anglia" and the field have 16 good class riders and use the gp format.

Remembering that this will only be Camerons 16th birthday, not too much should be expected of him. Next season is a different kettle of fish with an Oz winters racing behind him and I expect him to improve race by race at reserve for the Witches. He is a super talent and will be in the top 5 after a few weeks if staying away from injury, as he really gets stuck in.

Must not forget that Cameron is used to riding on the "old" silencer, whereas on thursday he will be on the "new" one. As for next year, yes it would be great if he lines up for the Wicthes at reserve but can't see him getting into the top 5 with the Witches lineup they have planned. With the rolling aves, can't see one of the top 5 dropping their average enough to allow Heeps to swap.

Look at Chris Mills vs Morten Risager, Mills has kept his ave of about 5.20 all year, even though he scored double figures on 5 occasions and scored over 20 bonus points. Risager has also kept his starting ave, also with 5 double figure scores and 20 bonus points.

I wonder how many Witches fans think this meeting (the 16 lapper) is very stale and about time it was put to bed for good. Why not replace it with "The Star of Anglia" and the field have 16 good class riders and use the gp format.

Given the "novelty" of the race, and the fact that they've got two working starting gates set up, I have previously suggested having hadicap racing during the qualifers, eg. if you finish first or second, you start from the back gate in your next race. The suggestion was dismissed.

One other option, which I have thought about but not previously suggested, would be to have three multi-lap races, eg. two 12-lap 8-rider semi-finals and a 16-lap Grand final. These could be interspersed with other racing, eg. 250s, under-16 500s, etc. I've no idea how the main event qualifying would work :o but I'm sure it could be done.

The 16 lapper is unique, not stale at all. A great way to end the season although I agree that the qualifying heats could be tweaked a bit to make more interesting.

Its an event that has been and still is very popular. Leave it alone.

No Jerran Hart now either but Jordan Frampton now added to line up.

Ritchie Hawkins has replaced Mat Tressarieu no reason given for that change so far, and still no news of the 12th rider taking part.

Apparently Mat has to return to the family business

Must not forget that Cameron is used to riding on the "old" silencer, whereas on thursday he will be on the "new" one. As for next year, yes it would be great if he lines up for the Wicthes at reserve but can't see him getting into the top 5 with the Witches lineup they have planned. With the rolling aves, can't see one of the top 5 dropping their average enough to allow Heeps to swap.

Look at Chris Mills vs Morten Risager, Mills has kept his ave of about 5.20 all year, even though he scored double figures on 5 occasions and scored over 20 bonus points. Risager has also kept his starting ave, also with 5 double figure scores and 20 bonus points.

Cameron's bikes have been shipped back to Oz, so he will be riding a Chris Louis bike on Thursday night. TBH what a baptism of fire for the lad if he makes the final :shock:

The 16 lapper is unique, not stale at all. A great way to end the season although I agree that the qualifying heats could be tweaked a bit to make more interesting.

Nothing to compare with 8 riders from the 2 sets of tapes, sends shivers down your spine!!!

:oops: sorry for the double post.

Edited by Badge

Ah the good old Louismobile has been dusted down again! and what with Frampton now in the mix, should make it more entertaining too!

Ah the good old Louismobile has been dusted down again! and what with Frampton now in the mix, should make it more entertaining too!

Actually, not too sure I'll want to watch, he'll have extra riders he can side swipe on 2nd bend :cry:

If you think this meeting is stale, save your money and don't turn up. This meeting is unique and there isn't another like it in the world.

Remembering that this will only be Camerons 16th birthday, not too much should be expected of him. Next season is a different kettle of fish with an Oz winters racing behind him and I expect him to improve race by race at reserve for the Witches. He is a super talent and will be in the top 5 after a few weeks if staying away from injury, as he really gets stuck in.

Again it's proved you don't know the rules, it will be May at the earliest before the averages change, not at the end of March after a few weeks. You are putting too much expectations on Cameron, who knows how he will start at this level on different silencers and against better opposition. Yes, he is a talent, but he might take time to find his feet.

Edited by Bash