British Speedway Forum

I though Frampton had retired. Sanchez or Poole good choices, need to use points available and get Garrity at reserve.

Not sure Tay is free right now - he is busy getting through his box set of Friends!

Ex Witches Poole and Tressarieu would fit average wise. don't know about availability though, Poole is watchiing his Friends boxset as "bruv" said, thats 236 episodes! :o

• Like 1

Moonbug for me. Silver probably doesn't realise he changed his name though and has no idea who he is.

• Like 2

Did I read last week Charlie Cheddar wants to ride after all seems his head injury has cleared up. Don't have the stats to hand but would he and Ben Morley fit taking Bunyan and Lambert out?

Well I make it 12.13 to use if Simon and Jason not in team. Charlies final average last year was 9.22 leaving 2.91, so unless BSPA have reduced his average I don't think it will work.

• Like 1

Depends how Len wants to play it. Justin Sedgmen was expecting to return to Lakeside in 2013 but, owing to the change to the DU rule, was left out but has issued a 'come and get me' plea. Could be a steal on 4.99 as a direct temporary replacement for Jason. He achieved almost that in the EL last year.

Edited by tocha

How sad that we are discussing team changes enforced by injury so early in the season!

A three pointer (Morley) and a heat leader standard rider is the wrong way to go. We need to sign two riders who will push Jason Garrity to reserve. Morley deserves a chance but we would be too weak at reserve with him partnering Nielsen whilst Kasper finds his feet so it's a no go, especially in a team geared to have two strong reserves.

If and it's a big if Sedgemen has the right attitude to PL racing he's on an attractive average. I'd personally try and get hold of Claes Nedermark and Mat Tresarrieu.

Nedermark has potential and will do well at Rye, whilst Tresarrieu has been good around Rye and will do well on away circuits, think we'd get a lot more from him than Ipswich managed to as well. Plus of course that leaves Jason Garrity back at reserve!

• Like 1

Really need to sign a strong reserve as r/r could work if Kasper comes good.

If allowed that is as not sure what the rules are when replacing injured riders eg would Bunyan need to be replaced before Lambert?

Really need to sign a strong reserve as r/r could work if Kasper comes good.

If allowed that is as not sure what the rules are when replacing injured riders eg would Bunyan need to be replaced before Lambert?

Lambert can be replaced before Bunyan, I'm sure Kasper will get going but R/R isn't what anyone wants to see and if we pick up another injury it turns a problem into a crisis. Getting Garrity into a reserve berth is pivotal to us going forward from these unfortunate injuries.

Positive Bunyan News

Rye House team manager John Sampford visited injured captain Jason Bunyan in Harlow Hospital this evening and was very pleasantly surprised, to put it mildly, at the positive news he received. “The latest indication is that the damage is not as bad as it first sounded on paper. Yes, he’s got broken ribs, but the breaks are not as severe as they could have been. And the lung puncture is closer to a nick, which is also very lucky. The vertebrae must obviously heal naturally.

“Jason is already sitting up in bed, which is something in itself. The doctors want to get him active as soon as possible to help the blood flow and aid the healing process. The initial indications yesterday were that he could easily miss half the season, but Jason himself is determined to be back in action sooner than later, maybe as early as a month’s time, which would be remarkable. He is one tough cookie.

“I have also spoken to (broken ankle victim) Simon (Lambert), who is going to his local hospital tomorrow. What they say will determine what he is able to do to aid his own recovery, but we are probably talking six-to-eight weeks out.”

Edited by Dave Stummings

http://ryehouserocke...hp?extend.523.1

No signings. Ben Morley and r/r to fill in until the injured riders return

If Bunyans missing for up to half the seasons thats far to long to run as a six man team IMO,much better to run as a seven man team where ever possible.We`ve seen other teams go with r/r for wees and it very rarely works.

An email sent by the club says that is the arrangement for the Plymouth and Somerset meetings. It does not go beyond those fixtures.