British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick Bandits 2013

How many meetings does a rider need to ride, to obtain an average?

As of yesterday, Nicki Barrett has rode 4H and 4A averaging 3.87 ( I think)

I've only managed to get to 3 of his meetings, anybody seen enough of him to think he might be a steal on that average for 2013?

If 4h &4a gets him a starting average for next season I would definately have him ,he show signs that there is something there worth persevering with.If he is an assessed 7pts then NO.

Hope Berwicks team is along the lines of R Ashworth D Bellego Kozza R Aspegren L Lindgren M Dyer G Irving

Fantastic choice -- six loanees and a maybe-loanee! Any idea how much you've just paid out before a wheel is turned?

If Neil machin has any sense he'd be taking ashworth and Complin back to Sheffield to spear head the tigers next season.

But do they want to go?

• Like 1

If 4h &4a gets him a starting average for next season I would definately have him ,he show signs that there is something there worth persevering with.If he is an assessed 7pts then NO.

Agree with you there, if that was his ave and they could get him and Dyer signed up at reserve I think that would be a very solid pairing.

Before all the number nazis get all excited, I have no idea whether these would fit, but something along these lines would be rather good IMO

1. Ricky Ashworth

2. David Bellego

3. Robin Aspegren

4 Kozza Smith

5. Seb Alden

6. Nicki Barrett

7. Micky Dyer

Or.... another approach assuming Albin is signed

1. Ricky Ashworth

2. Facundo Albin

3. Nick Morris

4. David Bellego

5. Seb Alden

6. Nicki Barrett

7. Micky Dyer

Fantastic choice -- six loanees and a maybe-loanee! Any idea how much you've just paid out before a wheel is turned?

We could recoup some money by loaning out Seb and Lee ;;;

think Lee is still a sheffield asset so nothing gained by loaning him out, as for Seb he would be on my teamsheet straight away along with Ricky, David, and Robin.

• Like 1

While you are seen to percieved to be the management spokesperson by a lot of people on this forum,how much money is in the kitty to buy the riders to achieve a team of assetts which seems to be the answer to all Berwicks problems regarding loan fees.While the ulitmate aim would to have a team of assetts I find it hard to believe this could be achieved before the start of next seaon .So perhaps some of the riders that have rode for Berwick over the last couple of seasons might be welcome back on loan

Maybe not but Sheffield best assets should be used, not loaned out if they are to have a better season next year. I'd ask them both to come back in alongside Skidmore. A year away might of done Ashworth the power of good.

Wouldnt imagine Complin will go anywhere, no other club is likely to pay him the sort of money he is apparently on at Berwick.

Do Berwick have seven decent assets Seb apart? why would Lee be on loads more than anybody else ? He is great at Berwick but well below that away from home

Wouldnt imagine Complin will go anywhere, no other club is likely to pay him the sort of money he is apparently on at Berwick.

Do Berwick have 7 decent assets Seb apart?Why would Lee be on loads more than anybody else ?He does it at Berwick but does not away from home

Do Berwick have seven decent assets Seb apart? why would Lee be on loads more than anybody else ? He is great at Berwick but well below that away from home

Do Berwick have 7 decent assets Seb apart?Why would Lee be on loads more than anybody else ?He does it at Berwick but does not away from home

Complin seems to be a big favourite with the promotion, particularly Hepburn who I'm sure sponsored him personally before he bought into the club. I'm only speculating on what I've been told but there wont be many better paid rider's at Berwick than Lee Complin, if any.I would personally not like to see Complin return, not sure he is the best influence in the pits at times (again just what I've heard) and yes hes spectacular to watch at home, but really does he help that much away. A straight choice between him or Aspegren next year for who would up there average the most? I know who I'd back simply because hes not a one track pony.

Having said all this, Complin is probably contracted at Berwick until he gives up speedway :s

Complin seems to be a big favourite with the promotion, particularly Hepburn who I'm sure sponsored him personally before he bought into the club. I'm only speculating on what I've been told but there wont be many better paid rider's at Berwick than Lee Complin, if any.I would personally not like to see Complin return, not sure he is the best influence in the pits at times (again just what I've heard) and yes hes spectacular to watchat home, but really does he help that muchaway. A straight choice between him or Aspegren next year for who would up there average the most? I know who I'd back simply because hes not a one track pony.

Having said all this, Complin is probably contracted at Berwick until he gives up speedway :s

So, to summarise. The plain fact is that you actually know nothing at all, and your entire post is constructed from hearsay, gossip and speculation. Is life in the Borders really so dull that you have to resort to this sort of nonsense to keep yourself amused?

• Like 4

So, to summarise. The plain fact is that you actually know nothing at all, and your entire post is constructed from hearsay, gossip and speculation. Is life in the Borders really so dull that you have to resort to this sort of nonsense to keep yourself amused?

I dont live in the borders but thanks anyways.