British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Edinburgh Pl/offs 13/10/12

Enjoyable meeting just a shame the Monarchs nicked a point. Lawson was class when he passed Cookie a captains ride!

• Like 1

Good on Cookie I say, created a bit of atmosphere, thats what the crowd want. enjoyable to watch still don't know why we haven't got him in the team, but really think the move to Edinburgh has made him a better rider, The PL Averages back this up, been No 1 for a part of the season a great achievement given his short time in the sport.

Exactly! I wasn't at Workington tonight but, as far as I can tell, he got folks wound up a bit & no one died.

More of the same required. Desperately.

Re both wheels crossing the inside white line, this can occur at most tracks, and will be impossible to spot in most cases, unless you happen to have a clear view of the area where the incident occurs.

In the Polish League Play-Offs last Tuesday, Iversen was shown on replay to have had both wheels inside the white line, but this was undetected by the ref.

Installing raised kerbs would deter this practice, but might be considered a hazard if clipped by a wheel.

There is probably magic eye technology available that could be installed to monitor for infringements, but would it be affordable in these recessionary times ?

Anyway well done to the Monarchs in taking an unexpected point from this match and proving most pundits wrong who predicted at the start of the season that we would end up languishing near the bottom of the table.

Barring any further injuries, I do not expect Comets to take the required victory at the Dale next Friday, which would pip Scunny from deservedly meeting Somerset in the Play-Off Final.

Edited by cyclone

Enjoyable meeting just a shame the Monarchs nicked a point. Lawson was class when he passed Cookie a captains ride!

Class?Aye if you say so!Cheating aint 'class' no matter how you wrap it up me auld marra.Excuse me for asking.. but grasstracking and speedway are still two different sports arent they?! :P

Edited by Young51

Cooke wasnt just passed by lawson, he was also beaten by roynon so still wouldnt have won race.

Great to see roynon back where he left off. Great talent.

• Like 1

Well done to Monarchs for keeping it close at DP, cannot see the Comets getting any points at Edinburgh next Friday but stranger things have happened.............and hopefully its not rain affected.

Scunny and Somerset in the final then.

Cooke wasnt just passed by lawson, he was also beaten by roynon so still wouldnt have won race.

Great to see roynon back where he left off. Great talent.

if cook didnt get cut up by lawson then in my opinion cook would have won.he would have still been in the lead and pull away like the heat 11.

• Like 1

Lawson knows he crossed the line and got away with it. I was in the stand surrounded by Workington supporters and they all seen him cross the line. It wasn't a borderline case and how the ref missed it I don't know. What was he looking at?

I don't blame Lawson though. As they say in football, you play the whistle.

Some you win and some you lose.

He won that one. The losing comes next Friday at Armadale.

• Like 1

Speaks volumes for Craig Cook if workington fans are raving about a rider passing him!

only 1 person didnt want cookie to stay at workington work out who that was i dont think it was cookie

only 1 person didnt want cookie to stay at workington work out who that was i dont think it was cookie

good old kd struke again didnt he.comets would have been solid with him

Cookie is a baby a'se, throwing his hands around and parking his bike in protest :D , always seems to want to prove a point at Worky , was passed by two riders and of course 'it was someone elses fault' !!

• Like 1

good old kd struke again didnt he.comets would have been solid with him

craig cook and peter kildermand which promotor with any ambission would have sold them 2 i bet both are worth 3 to 4 times as much as they were sold for

Lawson knows he crossed the line and got away with it. I was in the stand surrounded by Workington supporters and they all seen him cross the line. It wasn't a borderline case and how the ref missed it I don't know. What was he looking at?

I don't blame Lawson though. As they say in football, you play the whistle.

Some you win and some you lose.

He won that one. The losing comes next Friday at Armadale.

to be fair to lawson he didnt cross the line did he there was no line left to cross at the point he passed cookie

im not saying he was on track but im not saying he was off track either but its over and done with the reffs decission is final but the track staff should be pulled up for removing the white line when track grading which they seem to do most weeks lately

craig cook and peter kildermand which promotor with any ambission would have sold them 2 i bet both are worth 3 to 4 times as much as they were sold for

to be fair to lawson he didnt cross the line did he there was no line left to cross at the point he passed cookie

im not saying he was on track but im not saying he was off track either but its over and done with the reffs decission is final but the track staff should be pulled up for removing the white line when track grading which they seem to do most weeks lately

Although both Peter and Cookie are great riders both didnt return for reason im sure the management had reasons for

By the way did you enjoy Pk missing all them meeting for us while riding abroad.....

Another Scarra dig at the promotion.....

• Like 1

Cookie is a baby a'se, throwing his hands around and parking his bike in protest :D , always seems to want to prove a point at Worky , was passed by two riders and of course 'it was someone elses fault' !!

I dont know whats behind the guff you post about Cookie tbh davidj but It was a meeting that could have got us a shot at the Premier league title so how do you expect the guy to feel about being cheated out of that? :rolleyes: Have a look at this and maybe you'll see why he was a bit peed off (along with the rest off us Edinburgh fans!)I think you'd be a tad angry yourself ya baby a'se! :wink:https://www.facebook...&type=1

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1