British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

What exactly do you and nobert add to this forum.......It' doesn't take Einstein to know who are,get over it,the wars over,you lost, I always knew you were a well balanced guy......a chip on both shoulders!

What do you add to the forum other than insults ?

Edited by robert72

Yes he has. He flew out on new years day. He'll be in Australia for about 6 weeks.

so if he has gone back to australia then what happens to his next 3 already planned training days ?

so if he has gone back to australia then what happens to his next 3 already planned training days ?

The club is going to be running them.

your last three posts robert and not one mention about the track,i am impressed keep up the good work. :t:

• Like 1

The club is going to be running them.

The club,does that mean hemsley or jones or one of the stewards taking charge ?

The club,does that mean hemsley or jones or one of the stewards taking charge ?

Well I presume Leicester Speedway are running it. I know they've asked an ex rider to help out with the coaching.

Well I presume Leicester Speedway are running it. I know they've asked an ex rider to help out with the coaching.

is this the real reason why the track has been delayed further because taylor was going back to aussie

is this the real reason why the track has been delayed further because taylor was going back to aussie

Because he is the one doing the changes. Strewth. :icon_smile_clown:

damm i thought robert had turned a corner,he's back on the subject of the track again.

that didn't last long.

I really like the Leiceister Lions set up and all, but only one little thing annoys me since their return. It is the design of their race jacket logo. Sorry, but it does look childish, reminds me so much of that ill-fated Reading Bulldogs design.

Leicester Lions promoters would do themselves a favour and give teh club a better image if they'd change this into something more similar looking like they had in the old days. I particularly liked the three lions emblem they used in the early 80's. Bring that back, please!

I really like the Leiceister Lions set up and all, but only one little thing annoys me since their return. It is the design of their race jacket logo. Sorry, but it does look childish, reminds me so much of that ill-fated Reading Bulldogs design.

Leicester Lions promoters would do themselves a favour and give teh club a better image if they'd change this into something more similar looking like they had in the old days. I particularly liked the three lions emblem they used in the early 80's. Bring that back, please!

sponsorship which is a very necessary source of income these days largely dictates the design of race jackets these days , and changing a clubs logo when the team is established has far wider reaching implications , Would you want to buy a new jacket at £75 because the logo has changed it's not football you know !!, theres not many who would and what about the stock in the shop ,scarves, jackets, caps. etc sell them all off at a loss or chuck them in the bin , there are many who would like to see a return to racejackets that are clearly identifiable like the ones of days gone by , but it's never going to happen . I think the current jackets are fair compromise between clear logo and sponsor space . certainly a lot better than some teams who have a tiny logo on a page of sponsor adverts

• Like 1

Great point. And I speak as the person who designed that logo! I wish they would change it.

When I was involved with Leicester Speedway, and the LSSC during the campaign, I did a lot of design and marketing materials for Leicester Speedway. Sam Ermolenko was also involved back then and he was the main driver behind the new logo. He asked me, and a guy he'd previously worked with in the West Midlands, to present some logo designs, which we did.

The present logo is the one that Sam chose to run with (maybe influenced by Sam's previous involvement with the Bulldogs?). The rationale behind this particular logo was 'family appeal' and making it attractive to kids, hence the cartoon approach, which is why it appears "childish" to some I guess. Rest assured it wasn't my favourite of the seven I presented at the time. As an ex-Blackbird Roader I would have gone with one that was much more retro and featured a revamp of the Lion with outstretched paw design used in the early 70s. Sam was obviously less concerned about that and went for a more modern day approach that as Jim also rightly points out, affords the opportunity to work in conjunction with sponsor logos.

I do remember being thrilled when Sam rang me at home in the spring of 2010 to say my logo had been chosen (even that one!). However, I find it embarrassing now though, and as the work carried out was unpaid, being done for a goodwill that no longer exists between us, I would prefer them to change it. That's up to them though. Certainly not going to lose sleep over it!

Edited by LionsDen

You Lions have got a cracking team this year, expecting you and the Rebels to contest the final.

You Lions have got a cracking team this year, expecting you and the Rebels to contest the final.

Nice to see a Speedway post about the season ahead at long last on here :-)

I would say it will take more that Taylor to change the track..........Horse power would be better in the form of CAT/JCB!!

• Like 1