British Speedway Forum
manchesterpaul

Challenge Trophy - Are We Pretending Nothing Is Missing?

Don't want to be the little kid in the Emperor's New Clothes tale or pointing out some sort of Twilight Zone thing going on but......errrrm.....anyone see something missing pre-final of the challenge trophy? You know a little thing like in one of the groups a third of the fixtures not having been staged. Another little thing that Ipswich can qualify for the final with their match in hand. Yet i see Berwick are racing against Rye House in the final!

Yet another one…

Come up with a date or dates when the meeting (s) can be staged so that the final isn't delayed into November & they'll stage the meetings.

It's the same weather issue that has screwed up the Play Offs and the League Cup. Nothing new that's needs its own chapter written.

The Emperor's New Clothes reference and (new chapter) angle of the post is to the lack of statements being issued saying that the fixtures won't be taking place etc.

Instead we just get subsequent releases as if they had never been planned to have taken place. We get to see the two final fixtures in the side window of a site or in a fixture list when fans are probably looking there and elsewhere on the site for when the missing fixtures are taking place. Ooops bit of a shock for some Ipswich fans! I had a quick look at the Ipswich site and see mention in a press release article referring to them taking part in two cup finals but no reference of the missing third final they could well have been in!

Edited by manchesterpaul

It was the only sensible solution.

Not ideal but need to get things finished

• Like 1

it's no worse than the EL koc is it! :rolleyes:

As with most Premier League arrangements, it is 'way,'way better than the EL KOC, and a number of other things happening "upstairs".

As stated above, is the original poster aware of the number of rained-off meetings in October alone, let alone the whole year? It has been a once-in-a-lifetime scenario, not a devious plan concocted to deprive Ipswich from contesting a third final.

Good luck to Rye House and Berwick

It was the only sensible solution.

Not ideal but need to get things finished

Yes, but not telling Manchester Paul direct is just not on. :P

• Like 1

Yes, but not telling Manchester Paul direct is just not on. :P

But there does seem to be communication problems between the BSPA and the Supporters in general Dave. :sad: :sad: :sad:

But there does seem to be communication problems between the BSPA and the Supporters in general Dave. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Some Supporters/BSF members don't even read but you still defend them.

Some Supporters/BSF members don't even read but you still defend them.

I DO try to keep an open mind my friend. :)

As stated above, is the original poster aware of the number of rained-off meetings in October alone, let alone the whole year? It has been a once-in-a-lifetime scenario, not a devious plan concocted to deprive Ipswich from contesting a third final.

As replied to above (to backless at the time).....

"The Emperor's New Clothes reference and (new chapter) angle of the post is to the lack of statements being issued saying that the fixtures won't be taking place etc."

Are you capable of comprehending that now that it has been printed twice? :)

Don't know where you get the devious plan to deprive Ipswich aspect from anything i wrote.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I'm sure that there was a statement from Rye House on the BSPA website explaining the situation with the PCT.

All the best

Rob

So fans of Ipswich receive no information from their club that their fixture with Sheffield will not take place, and instead have to go trawling for Rye House releases!

Whilst i think the BSPA site is very good not all fans visit it, they just use their own club site. Similar to a lot of Belle Vue fans use their own forum and not the BSF. Although i'm the opposite to be honest in that during the main part of the season i'll come on here most days but quite rarely visit the two Belle Vue sites.

I just went to the BSPA 'Premier League Headlines' list and there is a whole page of them in list form, none of them indicating that Ipswich's fixture will not take place and none of them imparting the very important news that Ipswich will not be able to attempt qualify for the final. Indeed the latest headline i can find is the 'Two finals for the witches' which is written in the mode of a third of the Challenge fixtures never existed.

I went to the official Ipswich site and on a very healthily full page of news items i see a write up on their win over Rye House in their last Challenge fixture raced. However, nada about them no longer being able to pursue a place in the final. The fixture list, like the BSPA's shows the postponed fixture against Sheffield but absolutely no reference to a restaging or note to say it won't be restaged.

I don't know how many Ipswich fans would look to Rye House press releases for information on a witches outstanding meeting with Sheffield? Surely they don't all of a sudden have mass amnesia when seeing the article (also reproduced on the Ipswich site) 'Two finals for the witches'. Will it never cross their minds that they attended Challenge meetings in the hope that their team would qualify for the final?

To save people ploughing through permutations of various results in the unridden matches, don't bother as my post was addressing why fans weren't informed matches are not to be raced and Ipswich can't attempt to qualify for the final. I certainly think it deserved a headline all of it's own for the Ipswich fans and not expect them to decide to look for a Rye House release on their final with Berwick lol.

it's no worse than the EL koc is it! :rolleyes:

No it isn't so what's with the rolling eyes? We may not have seen the last of the EL KOC mess if we get bad weather again this week.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I agree with the lack of info point you make.

My original reply set out my acceptance of the decsion but I had only found out of the decision following reading the Rye thread.

With each of the other decisions of this ilk there has been a specific statement on the BPSA sitebut not for this one.

It is also rather strange that the Witches site has not posted anything on the subject.

Sheffield also announced they were struggling to agree to a date for their meeting with Ipswich.

It seems everybody knew except for one person - how dare he not be contacted directly!