British Speedway Forum
Triple.H.

Premier League Pairs 31/05/2013

As its a pairs event.... why do the top 3 averages have to count, why not the top 2? Or is that just plain stupidity?

I suppose it's one way to stop the Diamonds winning everything.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 1

Same as last years 4TT when clubs missed out, surely someone could come up with a format that all teams would be included?

Should Berwick be in the pairs?

Considering the change of line up

Surely it should

use averages form this season? Rye House and Newcastle have pretty good top 2's

A little difficult I would have thought, given that as of the cut-off date (1st May), only seven official fixtures had been run.

Takes five minutes to come up with a decent race formula that works. For example four groups of four pairs thirteen teams plus and additional three pairs from the top rated clubs using the top four averages rather than top three. Each pair rides each the other three pairs in their group which equates to twenty four qualifying races winners of each group to race in a semi final then a final. Total twenty seven races. Again Rye House with a top four of Garrity Allen Mellgren and Nelson are not included and all four of these riders would grace the event. For me the best meeting of the year but i'll not go without a team to support and i am sure that there are a lot of like minded supporters of the three clubs. Will be the same for the fours, almost as thought the BSPA don't want to run a successful event. Yes the knockers will say 32 riders will cost extra but how much dough will be lost at the turnstyles, My forty quid for a start

Takes five minutes to come up with a decent race formula that works. For example four groups of four pairs thirteen teams plus and additional three pairs from the top rated clubs using the top four averages rather than top three. Each pair rides each the other three pairs in their group which equates to twenty four qualifying races winners of each group to race in a semi final then a final. Total twenty seven races. Again Rye House with a top four of Garrity Allen Mellgren and Nelson are not included and all four of these riders would grace the event. For me the best meeting of the year but i'll not go without a team to support and i am sure that there are a lot of like minded supporters of the three clubs. Will be the same for the fours, almost as thought the BSPA don't want to run a successful event. Yes the knockers will say 32 riders will cost extra but how much dough will be lost at the turnstyles, My forty quid for a start

and mine..... Just don't understand why the promoters don't see or take on board that fans want to see their teams in national events... Berwick are now tracking a pair that has the lowest average of any team in the league....qualified on a riders average whos rode about 10 of their last 50 meetings...Only in speedway :)

Even drawing lots would be fairer as some teams are built totally differently yet are penalized for it.

• Like 1

Certainly a format for future consideration. Just a quick question, where do you put 32 riders and 64 bikes plus vans at Somerset?

In the CAN DO job which i do tbat has notbing to do witb speedway or event presentation.

Parking aint going to be a problem just open anotber field

Pit areas could be provided by gazebos or marquees with removable sides.

Take some getting in with Somersets curfew tho I think

Take some getting in with Somersets curfew tho I think

Start earlier

A little difficult I would have thought, given that as of the cut-off date (1st May), only seven official fixtures had been run.

So how do Ty Proctor and Simon Stead have averages? Surely they dont count?!