British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

It would be a difficult, what with it being called "The You Kay Speedway Series" and all that.

A lesson on the history of restraint of trade and a suggestion to promote a series of speedway meetings by conjuring up a pretend name for the sport.

Jesus. The BSF at its best.

To confirm the UK Speedway Series will be represented on tonight's Speedway Show on BIKERfm by Scott Courtney - Event Organiser and he will be accompanied by Roy Barton from the series' Governing Body The MCFederation. Tune in between 8 & 10pm and send any questions in to speedway@bikerfm.co.uk.

3 more Riders will be announced on tonight's show for this exciting series.

• Like 1

To confirm the UK Speedway Series will be represented on tonight's Speedway Show on BIKERfm by Scott Courtney - Event Organiser and he will be accompanied by Roy Barton from the series' Governing Body The MCFederation. Tune in between 8 & 10pm and send any questions in to speedway@bikerfm.co.uk.

3 more Riders will be announced on tonight's show for this exciting series.

Great news!

• Like 1

3 more riders announced last night for the UK Speedway Series.

JOE HAINES

JASON BUNYAN

STEVEN WORRALL

Join Doolan, Ashworth and Tully for the 2013 series!

Web: www.ukspeedwayseries.com

Facebook: (search) UKSpeedwaySeries

Twitter: @SpeedwaySeries

Instagram: @SpeedwaySeries

Easy way round this is to call it " UK DIRT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP " or as Kelvin Tatum would say UK MATERIAL TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Edited by ROAD CLOSED

Easy way round this is to call it " UK DIRT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP "

What are they frightened of someone doing a better job! ��

Edited by Wanderer
  • Like 1

Good to see one of the Management Committee is fully aware of everything going on around him, having signed up for a round at Rye House & in Ashworth, Tully, Worrall & Haines 4 of the 6 riders named are assets of or contracted to MC members & their clubs. Communication obviously working well then.

Something tells me that this isn't at an end.

Good to see one of the Management Committee is fully aware of everything going on around him, having signed up for a round at Rye House & in Ashworth, Tully, Worrall & Haines 4 of the 6 riders named are assets of or contracted to MC members & their clubs. Communication obviously working well then.

Something tells me that this isn't at an end.

Yes - something has to give.

Must watch this space - I suppose........................

This is exactly what I thought would happen from past history.

The riders will pull out now as this puts their livelihood at risk & the riders announced won't have the financial backing to challenge it.

Well done the BSPA / SCB in my opinion. Renegades should be exterminated from speedway.

• Like 3

Easy way round this is to call it " UK DIRT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP " or as Kelvin Tatum would say UK MATERIAL TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I think the problem with that is that no matter what you call the series they are racing Speedway bikes so must adhere to speedway regulations. Hence why there is no issue with short track/flat track racing at SCB licensed circuits.

Typical shortsighted view from the SCB.

Someone, or group of promoters, obviously feel that there is interest in this sort of series for UK based riders so why not let them run it?

The SCB are not risking there money and so long as the correct insurances are in place and the series does not cause onflict with the riders "Official Speedway" commitments what is the problem.

As others have said, it's probably that the SCB are scared that someone may do a better job than they can.

• Like 1

So the questions are:

Is speedway monopolised by the BSPA/SCB for greed/control or through general safety for it's riders etc?

Seems like the basis for a good idea has been squashed.

As others have said, it's probably that the SCB are scared that someone may do a better job than they can.

Neither would they get a bite of the cherry. I guess it wasn't a shared event thing.

Shame looked to be a good idea, I was looking forward to the one at leicester.

Looks like the BSPA wont let them play as its there ball.