British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

Nearly all the motocross clubs are now. Affiliated with the MCF after leaving the acu because they were paying to much to run there events To the acu Now the MCF run it without any interference from the acu they do not pay acu a penny for this either so speedway could go the same way

Presumably they are riding 'black' with no British Championships, or being allowed to ride abroad in any sanctioned event.

Presumably they are riding 'black' with no British Championships, or being allowed to ride abroad in any sanctioned event.

The Bymx and british mx championship is now just about finished the gates are dwindling away with most folk doing the likes of the red bull series or dep challenge and the master all run by the MCF and and the top riders that ride abroad which is not many these days also have a acu licence as well as a MCF As they want to race in as many events as they can but the money in mx is no where near as much as you can earn at speedway most riders just want to ride as much as they can

Can't help but wonder how Silver Len has allowed his Rye House set-up to get involved with all this. He's been around the block a few times, he knows the ropes. He must have been given assurances that everything will be above board, approved and legit. Can only assume now that the promises would have included approval from the SCB to run this series, which now seems unlikely. It will be interesting to see how Silver Len reacts to the SCB dictat.

It's alright slagging off the BSPA/SCB but what if next year the UK Speedway Series decides to run every Friday? Then the year after decided to run twice a week? Then it realises, hang on, we could set up our own league? The SCB have to stop it now.

Or worse still, if this was allowed to go through, what's to stop current 'Promoter' from thinking, "hang on, I quite fancy running a series of 5 or 6 meetings rather than committing to a full season, I'll lose much less dosh!". Could cause the collapse of the whole league set up, so correct decision and stance has been taken in my eyes.

• Like 2

Correct.

in football terms the SCB is the same as the F.A.

The BSPA is the same as The Premier League & the Football League.

At present we only have the BSPA organising Speedway in this country under the governance of the SCB, just as (until 1992) Football only had the Football League.

Of course in 1992, some Football League members resigned to form their own new Association "The Premier League". Now both the Football League and The Premier League both operate Football under the auspices of the FA.

The same could happen in Speedway. A new or breakaway group could form it's own association (say) the UKSPA. They could then go to the SCB for license to organise speedway too. But obviously they'd have to pay their fees to the SCB, just the same as the BSPA do, and they'd be given representation on the SCB board just as the BSPA have.

But you can't just set up a new organisation and run without first getting SCB approval and paying their fees. Just the same as i couldn't organise a GB Football match, by "borrowing" Rooney & Lampard from the Premier League and running without F.A. approval.

Yes they can set up without the scb approval as there not running through the acu or the FIM as far as I can see!

Plus mcfederation dose not stand for MotorCycle

Federation

i

If you had taken time to check the MCF web sight they have been running very successfull motocross events for last couple of years ....

I guess with all the tax money Rangers avoided paying, they did away with irony in Scotland.

If you read back a few pages you'll see I said the MCF are more than capable of organising events with regard to legalities & insurance.

• Like 1

I have had some exchanges with one of their supporters/organisers, as I was querying that they, the riders and the tracks had the correct approval from the necessary federations/associations?!

Not sure of all the leaglities, but it seems to be authorised by the motocross federation?! Any riders taking part are being treated as 'self employed' and therefore not breaking any contract that they may have with any BSPA/SCB/ACU clubs!!! Apparantly.........?!

I believe they have already announced Leicester as one of the venues?! I await with interest....

Anything that gives young Brits an extra chance - great! But not sure if it will make money?!

Well nobody can say there weren't questions being asked early on, after the initial announcement!!!!

Yes they can set up without the scb approval as there not running through the acu or the FIM as far as I can see!

Plus mcfederation dose not stand for MotorCycle

Federation

It was a p*ss take regarding their competence to organise the events - I assumed earlier that insurance & licences would have been thought of before someone on here brought it up.

Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't matter what it stands for. If something changed its name from say, "Board" to say, "Bureau" would it make any difference to their ability to screw things up? I think not.

The SCB must be mad, what have they to gain by stopping or trying to stop this series? As things stand the promoters had stated that they would be doing everything to avoid clashing with SCB events and it would be six meetings as an addition to the season, replacing nothing. Tracks get a bit more income as do riders, the ACU, BSPA, SCB lose nothing at all but would rather try to stop something because they aren't getting a slice.

Now I guess the options are to change the name (is Speedway really trademarked/ copyrighted as a word?), carry on and call their bluff, after all if 6 tracks sign up are the BSPA really going to try and shut them down? Finally if the MCF feel strongly enough it could turn into a legal battle (quite possible, the ACU really like to spend their members money without considering whether it's what their members want) in which case the MCF will win as there are many precedents with the ACU trying to revoke riders licences.

As for all the nonsense about insurance and liabilities I bet the MCF provide a much better option than the ACU, that's why these alternative organisations exist and so many clubs leave the ACU to affiliate to them. Riders can hold both MCF and ACU licences which entitles them to ride in ACU and FIM Championships, many of the countries top MX riders do this as the MCF authorised Red Bull series runs very succesfully alongside the ACU's British Championships with no problems between the two.

In my opinion the SCB/ BSPA would be far better employed going along to watch the series and see if there are any ideas they could pinch to improve their own meetings.

• Like 5

Yes they can set up without the scb approval ...
...you'll see I said the MCF are more than capable of organising events with regard to legalities & insurance.

Are they capable of running meetings without SCB Referees as well? Or running meetings NOT called speedway and NOT governed by the SCB rules and regulations on Speedway?

Can't wait to see what will happen when the first rider uses a 600cc bike or removes his silencer, or uses one that's not approved under the SCB regulations.

Maybe, without referees, they will run things like in ancient Rome, with the power to decide being given to the fans, based on who shouts loudest? There may even be polls on BSF or the Speedway Updates site to decide on who was at fault for a first bend pile-up with fans voting using their mobile phones...it just keeps getting better.

I can not see the attraction of this series - a random list of riders competing for what?

If a series is a good idea maybe the British Final/Championship should be run as a series and then the title/ prize is meaningful

Are they capable of running meetings without SCB Referees as well? Or running meetings NOT called speedway and NOT governed by the SCB rules and regulations on Speedway?

Can't wait to see what will happen when the first rider uses a 600cc bike or removes his silencer, or uses one that's not approved under the SCB regulations.

Maybe, without referees, they will run things like in ancient Rome, with the power to decide being given to the fans, based on who shouts loudest? There may even be polls on BSF or the Speedway Updates site to decide on who was at fault for a first bend pile-up with fans voting using their mobile phones...it just keeps getting better.

I thought that referees were ACU approved?

The SCB may have it's name on the rulebook, but it's clearly the BSPA that change the rules around every year.

There does seem to be any element of control exerted by the SCB in British speedway whatsoever - a bit like HM The Queen not telling the Government what to do, even though she's in charge.

I have e-mailed the SCB with my view that the speedway series can only be of benefit and, using a word from their own statement, the SCB should encourage British speedway. This is a real opportunity to win new fans and sponsorship - when you think of all the naff rubbish that the BSPA has tried over the years (which the SCB has done nothing about), something as simple as a co-ordinated series of meetings really does deserve a try, instead of instant dismissal.

Edited by Roger Jacobs

What a Great idea! Run a handful of meetings that all make a profit and ditch the bread and butter ones where the riders earn their money all season in front of a handful of spectators netting the promoters a loss. All Promoters should do this. Scrap the League, scrap the Trophy, Scrap the teams, just run a couple of profitable individual meetings each year and everyone will be happy. Anybody know the definition of a parasite?

• Like 1