British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

So if he'd murdered someone in Australia, it would still be okay for him to ride in the UK? :blink:

As I said, it was hardly the crime of the century, but can imagine what the tabloids would say if it had just been some illegal immigrant etc...

If he murdered someone, he wouldn't get a fine would he? He would be locked up! I personally think this is becoming something of a witch-hunt by those who are jealous of his success, he still hasn't sunk to the depths of a Havelock or a Lee (and look how much they are revered these days).
  • Like 1

What in the middle of the night ? :blink: Darcy has been a complete idiot but get a grip .

even worse then as these bikes have no lights. its people like you who make the world what it is today. lets hope someone gets a grip but round your throat. but it will be ok were let him off with a fine as he has only killed 3 times before :blink:

He hasn't been convicted of any crime in this country and he is still a better rider than 99% of his opponents.

If I make some of you wimps sick......well tough! Hope he wins plenty this season.

nice attitude, well i hope he breaks summit. even then :D

Apologists for Ward are really doing him no favours. He needs to keep his nose clean or all his undoubted talent will go down the drain.

Actually what he could really do with is a Manager who would make him toe the line.

Personally - I hope that Ward goes on to win the World Championship at some stage - if he doesn't it will be his own b****y stupid fault......................

If he murdered someone, he wouldn't get a fine would he? He would be locked up! I personally think this is becoming something of a witch-hunt by those who are jealous of his success, he still hasn't sunk to the depths of a Havelock or a Lee (and look how much they are revered these days).

jealous of what :rofl: witch hunt i dont think is the right words, common sense more like. No one is saying he is not a fantastic rider but the person under that talent is not a good guy or at present one.

• Like 1

He's getting there though, still young enough.

why would he lie about where he was riding a bike he's admitted it and been convicted of it anyways! Like he said he didn't have to tell the police he'd been smoking illegal substances he chose to do so.

You are very naive aren't you.

I highly doubt when the police arrived Darcy greeted them with an "Oh hello, yes sorry I've been riding the bike illegally and I've been smoking illegal substances too". Far more likely he was asked if he had been drinking/partaking in drugs and he admitted it. That's quite different to 'voluntarily owning up' to it.

The 'press release' has nothing to do with the courts so he can effectively paint the picture as he wishes.

The point of all this and its one that goes over the heads of a select few, is Darcy is a young man with a hell of a lot of talent. He can choose to listen to people like you and continue on in his wreckless ways and throw it all away, or he can take the sensible mature route and focus on his talent and go on to perhaps become one of the greatest riders of all time.

Personally, I would prefer the latter, seems clear you prefer the first.

• Like 1

jealous of what :rofl: witch hunt i dont think is the right words, common sense more like. No one is saying he is not a fantastic rider but the person under that talent is not a good guy or at present one.

" No one is saying he is not a fantastic rider" That is all that should concern you, It's easy to condemn.

" No one is saying he is not a fantastic rider" That is all that should concern you, It's easy to condemn.

It is just as easy to ignore or make excuses.Should we ignore or make excuses for all the child molesters just because they are good entertainers,can sing a good song or preach a good sermon?This is a poor attitude that luckily Matt Ford doesn't share.I hope Darcy listens to people like him rather than people like you and accepts he has a problem and accepts help,rather than listen to people telling him any critics are just jealous

• Like 4

You are very naive aren't you.

I highly doubt when the police arrived Darcy greeted them with an "Oh hello, yes sorry I've been riding the bike illegally and I've been smoking illegal substances too". Far more likely he was asked if he had been drinking/partaking in drugs and he admitted it. That's quite different to 'voluntarily owning up' to it.

The 'press release' has nothing to do with the courts so he can effectively paint the picture as he wishes.

The point of all this and its one that goes over the heads of a select few, is Darcy is a young man with a hell of a lot of talent. He can choose to listen to people like you and continue on in his wreckless ways and throw it all away, or he can take the sensible mature route and focus on his talent and go on to perhaps become one of the greatest riders of all time.

Personally, I would prefer the latter, seems clear you prefer the first.

at no point did i condone his behaviour and i wouldnt be telling him to keep making the mistakes that he has made but i still dont think that it is right to get on his back about it what has happened has happened there is nothing that can be done about it now its in the past i was pointing out that people need to move on from it and not dwell on it. i didnt say he came out with it straight away and until you actually know what happened which unless you were there you will never know no as there is what has been reported and what darcy says then the truth is somewhere in the middle.

like i have said before if people think that he has problems with drugs the MANDATORY DRUG TEST that he will have to undergo while racing in the gp and in any league will show if he is using drugs!

even worse then as these bikes have no lights. its people like you who make the world what it is today. lets hope someone gets a grip but round your throat. but it will be ok were let him off with a fine as he has only killed 3 times before :blink:

What ? you said that people were playing in the park in the middle of the night ...just pointing out that i doubt that they were ,,,as i said Darcy has been a silly lad , but let not say stupid stuff about kids playing in the park at 2am in the morning .

• Like 2

People like you make me sick :mad: so he is to be excused simple because he is the best around on a bike for all the problems he gets himself into.

Well be honest we would not hear about them if he wasn't a top rider.

He is hardly the worst human being on the planet but certainly not among the top echelon.

He is a bit of a dick yes and not someone I would want within a hundred yards of my daughter but the Overkill (aussie pun) shown here is a tad over the top.

It's not as if he was given a card for petrol for work and used it for pleasure now is it :)

• Like 2

Apologists for Ward are really doing him no favours. He needs to keep his nose clean or all his undoubted talent will go down the drain.

Actually what he could really do with is a Manager who would make him toe the line.

Personally - I hope that Ward goes on to win the World Championship at some stage - if he doesn't it will be his own b****y stupid fault......................

This is certainly the most sensible post of the last few hours.

I can fully understand why those people who would class themselves as 'No Friends of Darcy' would want to keep pointing out every detail of his offences.

But can none of his supporters actually see how their varied defences of his actions are looking less and less helpful.

If Darcy had someone to look after his interests, right now he would be shouting 'shut up' to all the people wearing 'I Love Darcy' badges.

• Like 1

I highly doubt when the police arrived Darcy greeted them with an "Oh hello, yes sorry I've been riding the bike illegally and I've been smoking illegal substances too". Far more likely he was asked if he had been drinking/partaking in drugs and he admitted it.

Exactly. And once he is asked about taking drugs he has two choices:- He can either own up to it or face a drugs test. Obviously he will take the sensible course.

Silly boy. Let's hope he learns by it, but those trying to excuse it are doing him no favours.

• Like 2

The only people Ward would bump into in a park at 4 in the morning would be a couple of doggers who, as it happens, would be breaking the law themselves.

Unprofessional and wrong yes but what an over the top reaction from some on here

I was wondering, did Ward admit to taking drugs before a test? I thought drug tests were completely different from booze ones... Its very rare you get tested for drugs by a copper in this country.

• Like 1

at no point did i condone his behaviour and i wouldnt be telling him to keep making the mistakes that he has made but i still dont think that it is right to get on his back about it what has happened has happened there is nothing that can be done about it now its in the past i was pointing out that people need to move on from it and not dwell on it. i didnt say he came out with it straight away and until you actually know what happened which unless you were there you will never know no as there is what has been reported and what darcy says then the truth is somewhere in the middle.

like i have said before if people think that he has problems with drugs the MANDATORY DRUG TEST that he will have to undergo while racing in the gp and in any league will show if he is using drugs!

The only people dragging it out are people like yourself questioning why he has attracted criticism.

You do wrong, you are criticised. Its simple.

Once again you have made another post defending Ward, when the VERY LAST THING he needs is to be defended and given the impression it's all ok, don't worry. That's simply the start of a slippery slope.

If you can't grasp that, then so be it.

• Like 2