British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fingersfin

Glasgow V Edinburgh Lc 14.03.13 3pm Start

Looked at a couple of weather forecasts and continuous heavy overnight rain expected, starting to clear around 11am -12 noon.

Hopefully there's sufficient time to mop up before tapes up.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

While the weather forecast doesn't exactly inspire confidence of this going ahead , if it does can the plucky underdogs upset the serene progress of the awesome Monarchs .

The self proclaimed Champions elect roll into town expecting to slap down their noisy neighbours . Will the massive underdogs pull off the shock of the season and send the awesome ones back along the M8 greeting into their shortbread .

Teams for Sunday should be -

Plucky underdogs

1 Joe Screen

2 Joey Ringwood

3 James Wright

4 Henning Bager

5 James Grieves

6 Harley Horwood

7 Joe Jacobs

Their esteemed awesomenesses

1 Cookie Monster

2 Desperate Deek

3 Theo the popular Monarch

4 The Golden Child

5 Crazy Claus

6 Dodgy German reserve

7 Tobacco Joe

Should be a cracker as the Speedway Star predicted wooden spoonists get to share some track time with their blue blooded visitors . Sod this , lets just boot their sorry arses all the way back to West Lothian .

• Like 1

bet they're out already getting the tattie field ready, no chance of a sun off i guess lol

should be the usual competitive derby, could go either way IMO

Monarchs are favourites to win this one.With Pijper and Vissing likely to get big scores and if Cook joins in which hes bound to one of these times at Ashfield, it could be a big win for Edinburgh.

We need everyone on form which they werent last week, which at least gives us some hope as there's room for improvement.

Looking forward to it i suspect a very close match but i think the Royalty might just edge this one over the Kittens... Inoculations and rabies shots all upto date so looking forward to my trip to weegie town.

Heavy rain here, anyone know how it is in Glasgow? :neutral::drink:

No idea tyretrax as I'm in Edinburgh. BBC website has rain until 12 noon.

Heavy rain here, anyone know how it is in Glasgow? :neutral::drink:

Squelch

Meeting off , and it's not even sunny . Haha beat youse to it Monarchs

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

Sunny now in Livvy Paulco ;) I've no doubt that Glasgow had the fire brigade working overtime last night flooding the track to save you from a heavy defeat ;)

Being serious for once, while it's always disappointing to have a meeting called off, it's good to see that an early decision was made.

• Like 1

Notice this match is now scheduled for Sunday 26th May (assume 3pm start ?)

This will be in direct opposition to the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden at 3pm and features Edinburgh club, Hibernian F.C. who are forecast to have at least 20,000 fans making the journey.

Would expect the majority of Hibs supporters will be travelling from Edinburgh along the M8.

This could lead to congestion and might deter some Monarchs fans from travelling to Ashfield.

Tigers should consider either hosting Monarchs on an alternative Sunday, or delaying the start time to 5pm on 26th May.

Notice this match is now scheduled for Sunday 26th May (assume 3pm start ?)

This will be in direct opposition to the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden at 3pm and features Edinburgh club, Hibernian F.C. who are forecast to have at least 20,000 fans making the journey.

Would expect the majority of Hibs supporters will be travelling from Edinburgh along the M8.

This could lead to congestion and might deter some Monarchs fans from travelling to Ashfield.

Tigers should consider either hosting Monarchs on an alternative Sunday, or delaying the start time to 5pm on 26th May.

Absolutely, totally insane to run against the Cup Final. This is not something we should expect from the new Ashfield leadership.

As suggested, postpone date or at the very least delay the start.

Rubbish , this was our reserved date . We will have a blank Sunday the following week because of Cardiff , so we needed a fixture for this date and a rearranged fixture against Edinburgh fitted the bill . Edinburgh must have agreed to taking this fixture too . Anyway , what the hell is the cup final doing being played on a Sunday anyway ? The football ones can please themselves , i'm just glad we have speedway that day so i can avoid it .

They should just put the start time back to 4pm and let the Hibs fans leaving at half time jaunt across the city to watch the city.

Although Celtic might not be as brutal towards Hibs than the famous Heart of Midlothian were.

Hmm on second thoughts Hibs fans leaving Hampden may not want to view more 5-1's ;)