British Speedway Forum
dj350z

Coventry Storm V Mildenhall Nl Ko Cup 17/05/13

Looking forward to this meeting - hope the weather holds out!

Edited by dj350z

COVENTRY

Joe Jacobs

Richard Franklin

Robert Branford

Brendan Johnson

James Sarjeant ©

Tommy Fenwick

Martin Knuckey

MILDENHALL

Adam Ellis (Guest for Stefan Nielsen)

Aaron Baseby

Josh Bates

Jon Armstrong

Daniel Halsey ©

Liam Rumsey

Nathan Stoneman

Second leg of tie at Mildenhall on Sunday 26th May, 4.30pm

Superb choice of guest for us.

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including mobile number.

Thanks

Not a bad little meeting, although rather too many crashes for my liking. I think all the riders were OK.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Track looked very wet at the beginning and some riders seemed to be having a problem getting round the 4th bend.

Racing not as good as the first Storm meeting and due to several crashes it was a bit drawn out and didn't finish until 10.10pm. Still enjoyed it though and as the 4th bend was deserted apart from one person I decided to have a walk round with Lucy and watch from different places. Nice to have a chat with lucifer sam who I haven't seen for donkeys years at Oxford and meet Alan Boon for the first time.

Sorry to have another moan again about all the dog poo but it really is getting disgusting on the 3rd/4th bends and I also noticed a dollop on the steps in front of the grandstand. Just not good enough in a public place and the Greyhound people should be asked to clear it all up.

Edit...Hopefully it will all be gone by Bank Holiday Monday when Shadders pays his first visit to Coventry or he won't be very happy. :D

Edited by Gemini

Track looked very wet at the beginning and some riders seemed to be having a problem getting round the 4th bend.

Racing not as good as the first Storm meeting and due to several crashes it was a bit drawn out and didn't finish until 10.10pm. Still enjoyed it though and as the 4th bend was deserted apart from one person I decided to have a walk round with Lucy and watch from different places.

I also enjoyed what was a good nights racing and agree about the track. Downside was the time to run the meeting. Yes there were crashes and falls but it didn't have the slick presentation of the 1st meeting. Programme at £2 is not value for money though.

Nice to meet you again last night Gemini.

One note, regarding Tommy Fenwick, the Falkirk Flyer. His surname is pronunced FEN-ICK (i.e. slient W) not FEN-WICK. It would be nice if the announcer could get this right for subsequent meetings.

All the best

Rob

Nice to meet you again last night Gemini.

One note, regarding Tommy Fenwick, the Falkirk Flyer. His surname is pronunced FEN-ICK (i.e. slient W) not FEN-WICK. It would be nice if the announcer could get this right for subsequent meetings.

All the best

Rob

Does he fly down for the meetings or is he a pilot ? can't see any other reason for the falkirk flyer nickname ,

Jim, did I imagine Tommy flying around Adam Ellis on the opening lap of Heat 11 then? True, the rest of that race then went a bit pear-shaped for him, but he's still had very little experience of riding a speedway bike.

Last year he pretty much went straight from Motocross into the Scunthorpe Saints, after just a couple of appearances in Amateur Meetings at Scunny.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Yes, enjoyed the racing last night - there were some good races from the Storm lads against a very strong Mildenhall especially with Adam Ellis guesting for them. As has been mentioned, took a while to get through the heats with the numerous crashes but the track did look tricky to ride particularly early on. Good value speedway racing I reckon - glad we have an NL team this season.

• Like 1

Just to add the commentary and roving mike interviews was very good too. :t:

• Like 1