British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

After my resent trip to the Czech Golden helmet weekend the question I have is why oh why do SGP even bother with the Marketa ? Pardubice is a far better race track and Stadium - would be a far better venue for the GP

But Prague as an attractive place has so much to offer. It's probably one of the best tourist venues in Europe?

After my resent trip to the Czech Golden helmet weekend the question I have is why oh why do SGP even bother with the Marketa ? Pardubice is a far better race track and Stadium - would be a far better venue for the GP

Simple, Haza - Pardubice do not want the SGP

I have attended every Czech Golden Helmet since 1997, and have had conversations with Petr Moravec over the years on that very subject - Pardubice feel that they wont make money out of a GP, when they take into account the staging fees that they would have to pay BSI / IMG, the cost of staging an SGP, etc

They much prefer staging the World Under 21 Final, Under 21 Team Cup etc on the Saturday, as a curtain raiser to the Golden Helmet

It's crazy I know, and I would love to see a GP at Pardubice, but just cant see, at least for the forseeable future

I think an American GP has been postulated as long as the SGP has been going...

Shouldn't Argentina also be considered as a possible SGP venue?

Västervik confirmed as one of the two semi final venues. http://mobil.vt.se/D...7005335&p=Sport

I do wonder what happened? I thought Eskilstuna (again) were supposed to host one round?

At least there were talks between BSI and Smederna regarding SWC.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Any of the 27 or so countries where they regularly stage speedway could be, and possibly even some others besides. Wasn't one of the more crazy suggestions to have a GP in Dubai, although I'm not sure how well that would work in 50 degree heat. :rolleyes:

As always though, it comes down to promoters willing to stump up the readies.

Surely events over the past year put paid to any thoughts in the short term?

Surely events over the past year put paid to any thoughts in the short term?

I am sorry to hear there are problems in Argentine speedway - I always thought it was one of the emergent speedway nations and was very active?

BECAUSE, as many have alluded to previously, Prague is a great city to visit and for many that is a vital component of a SGP weekend.

That would be inconsistent with running a SGP at Malilla in a forest 100 miles from anything interesting. It takes all sorts maybe.

I am sorry to hear there are problems in Argentine speedway - I always thought it was one of the emergent speedway nations and was very active?

Hardly emergent. There's been racing there for donkey's years and few reasonable riders have found their way to Europe over the years, but there's hard economic times there.

But Prague as an attractive place has so much to offer. It's probably one of the best tourist venues in Europe?

I thought this was a speedway forum ? I agree Prague is a great city lots to see and do cant fault what you say -but we go there to watch a speedway gp with good racing hopefully lots of passing when has that ever happened at the Marketta ? Parbudice is a great track =great racing

Interesting: speedwayracing.se is naming Bydgoszcz as the first event of the SWC, any info on this ??

They also posted the full calendar...

05.04 - Auckland

26.04 - Bydgoszcz

17.05 - Tampere

31.05 - Prague

14.06 - Malilla

28.06 - Copenhagen

12.07 - Cardiff

16.08 - Gorzów

30.08 - Daugavpils

13.09 - Vojens

27.09 - Stockholm