British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Rye House Pl 4/8/13 @3 P.m.

Really hope lessons have been learnt from this season. The only time we've had a decent (and interchangeable with the main body!) reserve pairing in the last few years we won the league! Hopefully sign up Bager and Thomsen (don't think North will be back) for next season + 5 new faces with a good number 1 and 4 solid in support, can't afford to carry passengers if we want to be play-off contenders. Would consider Ringwood if we were going for one 3 pointer, but after a encouraging start he hasn't kicked on as I thought he would. Top to bottom in 2 years is very disappointing for everyone involved. At least the only way is up.

• Like 1

Really hope lessons have been learnt from this season. The only time we've had a decent (and interchangeable with the main body!) reserve pairing in the last few years we won the league! Hopefully sign up Bager and Thomsen (don't think North will be back) for next season + 5 new faces with a good number 1 and 4 solid in support, can't afford to carry passengers if we want to be play-off contenders. Would consider Ringwood if we were going for one 3 pointer, but after a encouraging start he hasn't kicked on as I thought he would. Top to bottom in 2 years is very disappointing for everyone involved. At least the only way is up.

What worries me is where we find two heat leaders , to replace Screen and Grieves , who'll be able to commit to a Sunday afternoon track ?

What worries me is where we find two heat leaders , to replace Screen and Grieves , who'll be able to commit to a Sunday afternoon track ?

Aye it is a real dilemma Newcastle have struggled also aye right.

• Like 1

I think Halifax Tiger was right what he said to me - Growl! ;)

I think I must be the only one who isnt happy when we lose. Everyone else seems to be 'oooh but what about this, what about that' I must expect too much that I dont want to see the team losing at home. Our last home win was 5th May. The last time Rye House were here we beat them by 14 points. Its a long season this year

I think Halifax Tiger was right what he said to me - Growl! ;)

I think I must be the only one who isnt happy when we lose. Everyone else seems to be 'oooh but what about this, what about that' I must expect too much that I dont want to see the team losing at home. Our last home win was 5th May. The last time Rye House were here we beat them by 14 points. Its a long season this year

Think the rest of us have just grown used to losing i'm afraid . Ask Halifaxtiger why he was laughing so much at us , when Derek Smith tried to start a Tigers roar just before heat 14

Depends if we get to switch to a Friday next year however we definitely need an out and out number 1. I also think we should use at least 8 points for the reserve riders, Aspgren today was excellent on a 5.25 average.

Depends if we get to switch to a Friday next year however we definitely need an out and out number 1. I also think we should use at least 8 points for the reserve riders, Aspgren today was excellent on a 5.25 average.

Yeah he's been a terrific signing for Rye House at reserve

Think the rest of us have just grown used to losing i'm afraid . Ask Halifaxtiger why he was laughing so much at us , when Derek Smith tried to start a Tigers roar just before heat 14

Thats the sad thing Paul - we have got used to losing.

I think I can understand without having to ask why Ht was laughing just before heat 14!

It was the collective groan on the back straight when he said 'time for a war cry' and of the subsequent comments 'bugger off' was about the only one I could put on here.

Not so much apathetic as dispirited if you ask me, but it still made me laugh.

Not a bad meeting - not much passing, but close enough to keep things interesting.

Grajczonek never looked like getting beaten, Aspgren & Bunyan were impressive and Thomsen looks like a good signing.

• Like 1

Aye, that is a big concern. We've been fortunate to have stability with the top scorer for many years with the Messiah and Joe. Do we want the same again? If we do (and I do) then we've got a tough job on our hands finding someone. James has been a given, more or less, for years. Team building in 2014 will be very different next year compared to recent ones.

Having said all this, maybe no fixed number one and James, will make team building easier, a blank sheet so to speak.

Not sure Friday night is possible - floodlights needed and air fence takes priority, both in same season not financially possible unless we get a sugar daddy. Even if we do, there is no guarantee of improved crowds, we can certainly say adios to away fans who can make the weekend trip - except the enemy (oops - cue post from a.n. other forum member ;) ) of course.

On a different note, what's the current situation on the Raj? Is he riding at present?

Edited by george.m

Our last home win was 5th May. The last time Rye House were here we beat them by 14 points.

If It hadn't have been such a soaking wet day and we weren't defending a huge lead from the first leg we'd have beaten you then too ;)

Edited by Shadders

The 2 biggest reasons we've heard for not getting riders to come to us is Sunday track and we're too far north. Not saying that isn't true, but year in year out Newcastle (Sunday track) and Edinburgh (just as far north as us) put out strong competitive teams, filled with riders with potential to increase their average, while we are left relying on 3 or 4 riders to win us meetings and seem to make changes every May/June. The exception being of course 2011, when we had almost a whole team of riders who were likely to up their starting average, which is essentially the key to success in this sport. That is what I find disillusioning about our team building the last 2 years, it's almost admiting defeat before a wheel is turned.

• Like 1

If It hadn't have been such a soaking wet day and we weren't defending a huge lead from the first leg we'd have beaten you then too ;)

smug git :P

(you're probably right :cry: )

Very proud of the Rockets. A big thank you to Josh. However one of those seasons of what might have been for us. I think everyone bar Anders and Kasper have had serious injuries this year. Despite the pundits I think we would have been top four or five and will be if we keep Pontus and the remaining six next year we will be very entertaining and possibly too dogs. Feel sorry for Glasgow. One of those seasons for them too. Anders looks a great prospect so not a bad start to team building next year.

Very proud of the Rockets. A big thank you to Josh. However one of those seasons of what might have been for us. I think everyone bar Anders and Kasper have had serious injuries this year. Despite the pundits I think we would have been top four or five and will be if we keep Pontus and the remaining six next year we will be very entertaining and possibly too dogs. Feel sorry for Glasgow. One of those seasons for them too. Anders looks a great prospect so not a bad start to team building next year.

I said before the meeting that Pontus would be your trump card and even with josh's superb maximum I think he was. If you dont want him next seen Id love to see him in the stripes lol

I was impressed with Anders for us - and that was with bike problems!