British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Latvian Gp Saturday 17th August

Unlucky Lebedevs.

Guy deserved his lap of honour.

Ward fortunate to make final :)

Edited by pandorum

Because he could have come unstuck if he'd been 2nd and the leader had fell/ef. The benefits of ensuring Emil does not get another ride tonight were much too big to mess around with.

It's only my opinion but I reckon it's valid, especially when you see the replay and Tai is looking for Pedersen to pass him on the back straight.

Anyway, Tai Woffinden, World Champion 2013. Got a nice ring to it, come on Tai, bring it home.

If the leader fell then Nicki was through. You're not making sense. He didn't need to let Nicki though unless they were 3rd and 4th which I'd already called before the heat he'd have to do. I don't doubt he did let him through, you're right, it looked like he did but he was wrong to, he didn't need to. Therefor it was a silly thing to do.

I've seen more starting gates not functioning this season than ever i can remember :lol:

I've seen more starting gates not functioning this season than ever i can remember :lol:

We'll get there eventually! Now there are 3 :lol:

If the leader fell then Nicki was through. You're not making sense. He didn't need to let Nicki though unless they were 3rd and 4th which I'd already called before the heat he'd have to do. I don't doubt he did let him through, you're right, it looked like he did but he was wrong to, he didn't need to. Therefor it was a silly thing to do.

Not making sense - do you really think he would have had any instruction from Pete Adams other than to ensure that he finished behind Pedersen, that was the important thing, points were not paramount at that time, the chance to put Emil out of the meeting was. That's why he looked for him, that's why he let him past, that's why he poodled around in 3rd place. Which part of that makes no sense?

No doubt you will harp on about the point he dropped, yes it may cost him in the long run, but the overall gain was there for the taking.

We'll agree to disagree if you like, been a decent meeting, shame to spoil the thread with arguments.

• Like 3

Well done the old guy! :lol: Take care all. Alan.

So Tai takes the lead of the World Championship, finishes 3rd and I'm gutted, haha! Nice one Tai!

Tai is super consistent - and that wins you the World Championship in this day and age. I think that only an injury can stop Scunthorpe's finest now !

What has Hancock done to his engine lol, he's miles ahead out the traps...staggeringly far ahead in fact...:)

Did anyone else spot his rear wheel spinning before the tapes went up?
  • Like 1

Marek didn't. Thats why he's so good and at one one time was even banned by his own federation! 'Cos HE'S SO GOOD! EDIT: I have to say it, cant let it be...<removed>

Have to say, I've watched a number of GPs on-line this year, and this was easily the most exciting - top draw dirt-track racing at its best, lots of passing, great crowd. I would say it had as much as all the other GPs in total I've watched this year. Sets up 1st and 3rd place battle quite nicely. Congrats to Herbie, ever the pro. If he delivers the same standard for the rest of the GPs he _could_ possibly sneak a podium place, but it's a big ask.

Well done to Tai, It was a pity Lebedevs slipped up and let Ward into the final, it spoiled the night for me. ...I think Tai did let Pedersen through but am not bothered about that....

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

REFEREE did ...

How do you go from being average all year to that performance ?? Funny old game :)

ONLY rider on Golden Tyres ... bet their phone lines will be buzzing next week

• Like 1

ONLY rider on Golden Tyres ... bet their phone lines will be buzzing next week

I bet PUK wished he had that grip on that first bend. Fair play to Grin, the consummate professional. If he's up for it, Tomasz is still in the best position to finish in the top 8. A part of me feels he couldn't give a toss anymore though…

JT.