British Speedway Forum
lionking

Worst Presenters

After abit of discussion on the Scunthorpe vs Leicester about Rob Godfrey & Chris Popple. I thought i would open it up generally.

So who is the worst presenter you have ever come across around the country.

For me it is Chris Popple at Leicester.

Constant mistakes, Awful high pitched & annoying voice, massive lack of speedway knowledge , poor personality,

then there is the massive ego he has strolls around the stadium with his sun glasses on looking down his nose at people .

This is all topped off by his argumentative side where if anyone dares to criticise then he will have public arguments telling people " if they don't like me don't come to speedway"

His mistakes get worse each week . Saturday in heat 15 we had Steve Cook instead of Craig Cook & topped off with Magnus Karlsberg ha ha ha Magnus has only been riding for lions 2 .1/2 years yet he still constantly gets it wrong

Just dreadful !!!!!

Nice bloke but out of his comfort zone by a long way.Having said that the fans at Brandon will tell you there is someone much worse .

Having said that the fans at Brandon will tell you there is someone much worse .

Has he learnt it's Nicolai Klindt yet and not Nicholas Kling? Or that it's Smolinski and not Slominski? And that borderline racist comments are fine down the pub with mates or at home but not over the PA at a speedway meeting?

Peter York wins any "worst presenter" award. And he's only been doing the job for 30+ years.

Mind you, his knowledge when interviewing rider who retired 20 years ago is pretty good to give him his dues.

Edited by SCB

Taking all views on board but have any of them told paying fans " if you don't like me then maybe it's best they don't attend " ????

Has he learnt it's Nicolai Klindt yet and not Nicholas Kling? Or that it's Smolinski and not Slominski? And that borderline racist comments are fine down the pub with mates or at home but not over the PA at a speedway meeting?

Peter York wins any "worst presenter" award. And he's only been doing the job for 30+ years.

Mind you, his knowledge when interviewing rider who retired 20 years ago is pretty good to give him his dues.

Yorkie is a legend - stop talking rot. One presenter who truly knows masses about the sport. Knows his speedway inside out, does Yorkie! :t:

Worst announcer has to be that guy at Leicester, he's awful.

All the best

Rob

Do you mean announcer as in results from the box or presenter like Rob does at Scunthorpe ??

Yorkie is a legend - stop talking rot. One presenter who truly knows masses about the sport. Knows his speedway inside out, does Yorkie! :t:

All the best

Rob

All the best

Rob

agree with most of the knowledge bit .........but a truly grating annoying individual all visits to Coventry are pre-empted with o god(polite version) its yorkie on the mike. :cry: This subject should be included in what's wrong with the sport ........we need to remove SOME of these so called presenters whose sole functions seems to be crack jokes to themselves(I say jokes but they seem to be the only ones who understands it) self appointed stars who are so far up their own anus' with their self importance that its almost painful to listen to it. We are there for the racing but we have cut the evening back so pad it out with some Billy Nomates talking complete hogwash to give the impression of good value... trouble is increasing numbers have sussed it and are not impressed. Discuss ............and no I couldn't do better.

Bloke in the middle at Somerset is no great shakes....

Bloody hell some people have just got too much time on their hands , to think up a topic just to moan about someone !!!!!

I liked Gareth Rogers at Redcar when he was doing the presenting there. I also quite like the new guy at Newcastle - at least he does try to inject some enthusiasm in to the proceedings. :t:

I'm still waiting for a 'Give us a 'D', Give us an 'I''. Then again perhaps I am too old fashioned. :sad::blink:

'Uncle' Len Silver was GREAT at Sunderland back in the Seventies. :approve:

Edited by The White Knight

All the best

Rob

I used to go to Oxford most weeks in the Nielsen days, he was on the mic in the middle of the races he knows his speedway but he was a poor presenter.

I liked Gareth Rogers at Redcar when he was doing the presenting there. I also quite like the new guy at Newcastle - at least he does try to inject some enthusiasm in to the proceedings. :t:

I'm still waiting for a 'Give us a 'D', Give us an 'I''. Then again perhaps I am too old fashioned. :sad::blink:

'Uncle' Len Silver was GREAT at Sunderland back in the Seventies. :approve:

...................what happened to give us an S.....................gives us a T............. thought would have been much more to your liking!! :t: Done a lot of things has Len I believe he runs a Chippy theses days.
  • Like 1