British Speedway Forum

I would like to 'look after' his mum! I am a bit worried about those ear decorations though, will he ever have normal lobes again if he ever removes them for good?

No. :sad:

................... but he should not need to worry about losing the Shower Gel in the Shower. :shock: :shock: :wink::blink:

• Like 2

I would like to 'look after' his mum! I am a bit worried about those ear decorations though, will he ever have normal lobes again if he ever removes them for good?

Who cares Ray, he goes to work in a crash helmet, his ears are ruined for life anyway. In fact, it's crazy that his tattoos etc have become a negative talking point when he does his job covered from head to toe. It's not like he's Tom Daly and goes to work in speedos, is it ladies....

To be fair as tatoos go Tai's are pretty awful.

• Like 1

It's all about opinion - I happen to agree with you - BUT - his Tattoos, as I said earlier are nobody's business but his own Blazeaway.

Probably a lot of younger folk will think they are brilliant.

Bad job if we all thought the same thing about everything - wouldn't it?

I'm still waiting for you to help me out with the names of these untattooed people better than Beckham who have won this mysterious World Individual Football championship.

Can you list, say, the last 10 winners? Otherwise people might think you are posting complete and utter nonsense.

Just what are you on about: it was you who first brought David Beckham into focus and made a claim in regard to him being a "world champion". If it was as you say me - I cannot see the Post where this was made.

To me your comments are rather like the old street organ - a wind up!

Edited by Guest

I have to say, I do not sport any, but I did go through a phase of wanting one or two, in mid to late teens, but as I worked in an office, I was worried about losing my job. I have a daughter, who sadly, has a tattoo inside her forearm, but works in an office and seems as though they are cool with it! But, I am not sure I get at all, tattoos on hands and neck. There is a chap in Ipswich who has the union jack tattooed right across his face! I don't think he works in an office!

David Beckham is not a world champion at anything - except gaining publicity.

That sums things up very well. For all that I cannot see in what way David Beckham has enhanced his image with tattoos. Do these people think things through - what will the tattoos look like in later life when there are changes in the body make-up? They'll just be hanging sketches on parts of the body that sag in old age.

Rather a pointless comment. But Tai Woffinden would look more impressive if he took a glance at how, for example, top flight F1 drivers present themselves off track. In a word - they are presentable.

Top flight F1 drivers?? Yawn.....................................

I wasn't advocating that you switch your interest to F1. All I wanted to draw attention to is the clean cut way they present themselves off track. They are clean looking and immaculate. As I said presentable and acceptable to the public at large.

Just what are you on about: it was you who first brought David Beckham into focus and made a claim in regard to him being a "world champion". If it was as you say me - I cannot see the Post where this was made by me.

As I see your comments to me, it's rather like the old street organ - a wind up!

Ever heard the phrase "when you're in a hole stop digging"?

Yes, I compared Tai's tattoos to some other very famous sporting tattoos.

You bizarrely then invented a world individual football championship which you said David Beckham hadn't won.

...but so far amongst your rambling nonsense you still haven't been able to shed any light on this world individual football championship which you created, nor have you listed the winners....some folk might think you're a bit bonkers

Absolutely! It totally explains why that David Beckham bloke never got anywhere and is totally ignored by the media. Without the tattoos and bizarre fashion sense i reckon Beckham could have gone on to be a household name.

This is the first reference that I can find in regard to David Beckham? It led to all this...

David Beckham is not a world champion at anything - except gaining publicity.

That sums things up very well. For all that I cannot see in what way David Beckham has enhanced his image with tattoos. Do these people think things through - what will the tattoos look like in later life when there are changes in the body make-up? They'll just be hanging sketches on parts of the body that sag in old age.

Rather a pointless comment. But Tai Woffinden would look more impressive if he took a glance at how, for example, top flight F1 drivers present themselves off track. In a word - they are presentable.

I agree. Always said he'd never make it at football. Become England captain and get 100+ caps? Don't make me laugh...no chance tattoo boy!

I still cannot see any claim there that I made in regard to David Beckham. My reference was intended to be why compare David Beckham to Tai Woffinden when Becks had never been a world champion because his sport does not cater for such an event.

Is that a street organ I can hear?

But talent in a team sport does not make David Beckham an individual world champion. And as has been pointed out Becks resorted to tattoos in more recent times than at the start of his sporting career.

Edited by Guest

F 1 drivers are about as exciting as my mother in law ,maybe they used to be but other than webber there like robots covered in ads. Not sure if the fans give a james hunt about the drivers I think you will find its mostly about the cars. F1 boredom on 4 wheels

F 1 drivers are about as exciting as my mother in law ,maybe they used to be but other than webber there like robots covered in ads. Not sure if the fans give a james hunt about the drivers I think you will find its mostly about the cars. F1 boredom on 4 wheels

It was good when Terry Thomas & Leslie Phillips were in it, ding dong.

Whenever I catch a bit of it on tv it just comes accros almost like a computer game, I've never attended an F1 event and I suppose that must make a difference, I know exactly how speedway sounds, smells etc, that helps me to get the most out of it on tv when I watch it. If I'd never attended a speedway track I probably wouldn't bother with it on tv, it's so watered down compared to being there, having the ablility to 'put yourself there' while watching helps immensely.

No. :sad:

................... but he should not need to worry about losing the Shower Gel in the Shower. :shock: :shock: :wink::blink:

You are evil :rofl:

Tai seems a very nice lad and did well in his BBC stint. I am not a fan of body art but that is the individuals choice and should not detract from the fact he won the event through guts sheer determination and excellent organisation.

But one thing that has to be said he is going to look bloody weird when he is naked as a 70 year old :shock::o

See what speedway is clearly missing is to be ran by Mr Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson....

"I say Grayson, that young Tay chappie certainly looks like a rum 'un and no mistake"..

"Yes, Mr Cholmondley-Warner, he will certainly impact the femily velues the sport has held so dear and delivered so much popularity over the pest 20 yars".

"Mark my words Grayson, if he continues to appear on the tele-visual box the stadiums may soon be full of tettooed teenagers and even worse, adolescent urchins who may aspire to be him one day"

"Perish the thought, Mr Cholmondley-Warner, however, be rest assured that as long as I have anything to do with it, our femily sport with traditional femily velues will ensure such awful frightfulness will never be seen as something the sport should be proud of"

"Very good Grayson".

"Thankyou Mr Cholmondley-Warner"

"Now Grayson. Let us talk about how we ensure the play offs are exciting and the 'right team' wins" :blink:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

<p>Yes, we know that JL's point about Beckham being a tattooed world class respected sportsman led to all that drivel from you. What we don't know, is WHY it led to all that claptrap from you.You do inflict this forum with some of the most nonsensical pointless and negative drivel that the forum has ever seen.

See what speedway is clearly missing is to be ran by Mr Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson....

"I say Grayson, that young Tay chappie certainly looks like a rum 'un and no mistake"..

"Yes, Mr Cholmondley-Warner, he will certainly impact the femily velues the sport has held so dear and delivered so much popularity over the pest 20 yars".

"Mark my words Grayson, if he continues to appear on the tele-visual box the stadiums may soon be full of tettooed teenagers and even worse, adolescent urchins who may aspire to be him one day"

"Perish the thought, Mr Cholmondley-Warner, however, be rest assured that as long as I have anything to do with it, our femily sport with traditional femily velues will ensure such awful frightfulness will never be seen as something the sport should be proud of"

"Very good Grayson".

"Thankyou Mr Chomondley-Warner"

"Now Grayson. Let us talk about how we ensure the play offs are exciting and the 'right team' wins" :blink:

Many a true word spoken in jest. :shock::blink:

Everywhere you look today you see young people sporting tatoos and piercings, as an over 60 they're not my thing but Speedway isn't short of supporters in my age bracket it's the younger ones we want to attract and the younger generation like them. My Great nepwhew is the same age as Tai and is at Nottingham University studying art, in his spare time he works in a tatoo parlour and has a couple of small ones himself. (Think he's frightened of his Mum to have any more)

If by looking a bit different it gets some people curious about him and the sport then that's all good. His manner and politeness and dedication to his sport should stop anybody thinking he's just a yob with a Tat.

With all due respect to all of the clean cut World Champions of the past none of them ever managed to set the Media world alight so give him a chance.

As for comparison to F1, most of the drivers are corporate puppets when it comes to the media and have to toe the line to keep the sponsors and their team happy, which is one of the reasons Lewis Hamilton quit Maclaren.

Working class lads would not aspire to be F1 champion as they don't have the money or backing but they can see someone like Tai and dream " that could be me".

More power to his (tatooed) elbow. I say

• Like 6