British Speedway Forum

Sorry but that (post 329) is factually incorrect.

Birmingham are not, and never have been, forced to use AP Media. Nobody is forced to use anyone, although naturally questions are asked if one particular website puts the entire BSPA network, whose server administrator is not AP Media, at risk - especially if other clubs raise concerns over the issue.

I have a professional working relationship with Andy Povey - can't speak for the others you've quoted but the best way to work in this game is professionalism first, pals second. Even better if you can achieve both together!

Edited by david_rowe
  • Like 3

Birmingham are not, and never have been, forced to use AP Media. Nobody is forced to use anyone, although naturally questions are asked if one particular website puts the entire BSPA network, whose server administrator is not AP Media, at risk - especially if other clubs raise concerns over the issue.

I have a professional working relationship with Andy Povey - can't speak for the others you've quoted but the best way to work in this game is professionalism first, pals second. Even better if you can achieve both together!

Nice to see a rare comment from one of the BSPA press officers

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Doesn't the confusion over website hosting and design go back a few years to when all the (EL?) websites had the '.co' domain address introduced, by GoSpeed I thought?! At the same time there was a suggestion/proposal to also 'standardise' each website homepage (in order that the league sponsor - Sky - could have the same exposure on every homepage), and AP Media were proposed as the preferred agency to do that design work.

Although there was a strong keenness for this to be introduced by the BSPA, it stopped short of being an instruction. As has been mentioned some 5 or 6 EL clubs have used AP in their design!

• Like 1

SADLY, the actual running order in Speedway is very much FRIENDS first rather than professionalism. As for the facts about the Brum website, we both have differing thoughts on it so I'll shelve that topic going forward.

PS: thanks for viewing my profile... Strangely we know each other off here, so it made me smile :)

Been reported elsewhere that the Brummies website will back up and running on Saturday and the first signing will be announced at 9pm that evening on the website. :t:

Lets hope it doesnt crash!! :D

Edited by Brummie Kev

Been reported elsewhere that the Brummies website will back up and running on Saturday and the first signing will be announced at 9pm that evening on the website. :t:

Lets hope it doesnt crash!! :D

Ben Barker

Dynamo, they are going to need him. LOL

Bjarne Pedersen

He's about as popular as cancer at Perry Barr :mad:

Gut feeling is Barker, could be a surprise.

As previously stated, Chris Luty has resigned as a director, Charles Phillips appointed to the board on 26/11/2013.