British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Looking Forward to Ward v NL riders ...

• Like 8

NL riders in the EL?

Seriously?

When I first read it, I assumed it was a typo and they meant NL riders in the reserve spots in the PL.

That would actually make sense!

Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous..

• Like 2

It's very underwhelming to have NL riders in the Elite League. Could see a lot of lapped exclusions in this case...

doesn't quite make sense, surely it'll just ruin that NL guys' confidence when they struggle? Surely PL would've made more sense but alas, that it what it is.

NL riders in the EL?Seriously?When I first read it, I assumed it was a typo and they meant NL riders in the reserve spots in the PL.That would actually make sense!

Most fans will think it is a typo .Where is the logic in that.At least the PL have held their ground regarding league restructure .
  • Like 1

Under The Premier League it says 12 teams an extended league programme giving 14 home and 14 away matches. On my maths 12 teams = 11 home and 11 away matches. If they are counting 3 matches in the Play Offs that would make 14 but only if your team is in the Play Offs, anyway that would be the same as last season so why the EXTENDED LEAGUE statement?

I'm a bit worried by the inclusion of NL riders in EL meetings. While it's great to give young riders a chance at a higher level, do we really want to see NL lads up against GP riders. I hope there's some consideration being given to tweaking the heat formula to make sure races are more balanced.

• Like 1

Nothing about Double Points - do they NEVER listen?

Oh Dear!!!!

You now get double points if you lap an NL reserve.

• Like 1

Cost cutting exercise so the 'Elite' can stumble into another season and probably done with the expectation

Of no more Sky money.

So 20 NL riders needed to fill these teams - I doubt there are 5 any good and does that include Steve Boxall ?

If so he must be rubbing his hands in expectation!!!

Under The Premier League it says 12 teams an extended league programme giving 14 home and 14 away matches. On my maths 12 teams = 11 home and 11 away matches. If they are counting 3 matches in the Play Offs that would make 14 but only if your team is in the Play Offs, anyway that would be the same as last season so why the EXTENDED LEAGUE statement?

I'd guess the League Cup matches are also going to count toward the PL? Don't know though, but that is the only way I can see that working!

It's also interesting to note Peterborough are not in any league, but Sheffield are. Maybe that means Sheffield have got a buyer in place? Again, only guessing.

This seems like an absolute disaster of an AGM to me.

I'll be interested to know how this NL reserve rule will work. Are these rider's from the 2013 season or do they have to be NL in 2014. If the latter that will be King's Lynn screwed over as we'll miss out on the use of Lewis Kerr and Robert Lambert who are 2 kids that deserve the opportunity.

Feel absolutely dreadful for the Panther's fans. Their worst nightmare has come true and the EL has lost one of, if not the best track in the the UK

I'm actually feeling pretty sad about that AGM statement

• Like 4

Think it is a cost cutting exercise.EL riders to use 80cc Hondas and the NL riders on 500cc

Edited by iris123