British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

I don't think he is turning his back on Poole in any way, it suits both parties as with Darcy and Chris in the side makes it very top heavy with the new points limit and it seems to me a completely mutual agreement and if Darcy were to get injured i am sure Chris would be only too willing to replace him.

Big thanks to chris love the way no matter what we do there always has to be some type of dig that theres a cheat going on, other promotions are not banned from ingenuity and good management its open to all. Once a pirate always a pirate he will be back

With the NEW league set up we have now it will be near on impossible for Holder to get back into British Speedway. His only chance will be to replace Ward or another injured number one with a similar average.. He may reget the decision he has made and I suspect it wont be too far in the future when he does...

• Like 1

With the NEW league set up we have now it will be near on impossible for Holder to get back into British Speedway. His only chance will be to replace Ward or another injured number one with a similar average.. He may reget the decision he has made and I suspect it wont be too far in the future when he does...

How long do you think the new league set up will last? I think you will see Holder back and he won't regret the decision.

Chris has ALWAYS made it clear that he won't race anywhere but Poole so I guess it'll be either him or Darcy for a few years . . .

• Like 1

That can't come as a surprise can it? He earns more in a race in Poland than he would in a match for Poole. He is returning from serious injury and would be faced with 36 matches in the UK alone. If I was him, I would do the same.

Maybe so,but he would have never earned such easy money as this season in GB.Shame he isn't riding here though other clubs will suffer on gates as he was a crowd puller.

And I hope your'e right

Doesnt want to ride in Britain because of the workload and definitely wont ride for anyone other than Poole but would quite like to take someone elses place in a few early challenge matches so he can get fit for the GPs and other matches all around the world!!

Whilst wishing him all the best for his recovery healthwise he cant have his cake and eat it as they say.

• Like 5

I don't think he is turning his back on Poole in any way, it suits both parties as with Darcy and Chris in the side makes it very top heavy with the new points limit and it seems to me a completely mutual agreement and if Darcy were to get injured i am sure Chris would be only too willing to replace him.

Oh the arrogance. There's more to British Speedway than Poole. Just because Poole don't want him doesn't mean British speedway doesn't at done other club.

Could be Ward will say he is tired halfway through season then Holder will do the other half they have been on about it long enough (squad system)but not official

• Like 1

After his injuries a year with far less travelling and fewer meetings makes perfect sense.

Sure we will all see him back riding full time in the U.K in the future.

Like to wish him all the best for a successful injury free 2014..

Fewer meetings yes but how is it less travelling, isn't he based in the UK ?

Will he be fit to race in March ? Maybe thats part of the deal. UK starts earlier than the rest.

I think he'll turn up like Hancock did late in the season.

To be honest what really is the point of the worlds best riders now riding in our so called Elite? Theres no competition for them in so much as the vast majority of their rides are against far inferior riders, beating these riders is like taking candy off a baby most of the time, thats certainly not going to hone the skills needed for the GP,s racing against the world best in poland and sweden is going to be key to maintaining that edge. Imagine a european championship? would be like a nationwide division one team entering the champions league.

• Like 2

Holder is due to ride in Havvy's Farewell meeting which - as the article says - is Poole's opener on 21st March 2014.