British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

Just wondering why you would hope not? I can't see what your problem is, after all he's hardly likely to be claiming benefits!

Not the point though is it ? If folk in the real world have to be abide by the rules, why should he be any different just because he's a speedway rider ?

If he's got the visa to stay, fair play, if not..he goes - simple. Someone mentioned a 5 year visa, but i didn't think sporting ones stretched that far.

Thats just it, you don't know, so why make the comment? Basically, its just something to say..

Because it's a free country... and as i said, i'm happy he won't be around, especially as he's clearly putting british speedway at the bottom of his priorities. Sorry that you and your cronies are upset that he's not going to be riding for you. It's my personal choice to dislike him, and there's nowt you can do about that really.

• Like 1

Not the point though is it ? If folk in the real world have to be abide by the rules, why should he be any different just because he's a speedway rider ?

If he's got the visa to stay, fair play, if not..he goes - simple. Someone mentioned a 5 year visa, but i didn't think sporting ones stretched that far.

Because it's a free country... and as i said, i'm happy he won't be around, especially as he's clearly putting british speedway at the bottom of his priorities. Sorry that you and your cronies are upset that he's not going to be riding for you. It's my personal choice to dislike him, and there's nowt you can do about that really.

My goodness, how will Chris and all his "cronies " sleep tonight knowing you personally "dislike him" and he won't be riding for us :rolleyes:

I think you should consider prescribing yourself some tranquillizers Doc and try to calm down :wink:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

It's just my opinion, but things started to go wrong crowds wise when riders became able to ride for three or four different teams all around Europe every week. The riders lost their identity to their clubs and the fans lost that feeling that the riders cared about who they were riding for. It's certainly not the sole reason for the decline in attendances but I don't think it helped.

If we can get back to the days when Belle Vue riders rode for Belle Vue alone, Ipswich riders for Ipswich alone etc., even if it means a decline in the quality of the riders, that may be a good thing.

My club is Sheffield and we had Doug Wyer and Reg Wilson in my youthful years. They rode for the Tigers. They didn't ride for Kaparna on Monday, Torun on Tuesdays and Sheffield on a Thursday before jetting off straight after the meeting to ride for some Danish side. It felt like they cared who they rode for and the fans cared as well. i don't get that feeling with the modern day Elite League jet setters.

• Like 6

chrs does not want to go backwards...he needs good apponents. to race against,......NOT national league riders

yet another nail in the coffin

Heat leaders will not face the reserves.

But what about "our entertainment". Where does money come into it, after all plenty of people on here tell us these guys risk their lives for

"our entertainment".

I am starting to wonder if these guys don't really have this burning desire to entertain me and really only do it for the money!!!!

Yes the money is important to them but if you had been at coventry when Chris Holder crashed you would realise that money is not in their mind when they are racing and he certainly risked his life for his team that night.

My goodness, how will Chris and all his "cronies " sleep tonight knowing you personally "dislike him" and he won't be riding for us :rolleyes:

I think you should should consider prescribing yourself some tranquillizers Doc and try to calm down :wink:

Huh ? You Poole types are taking this a bit personally aren't you ?..Ah well..

And i'm perfectly calm thanks.

Yes the money is important to them but if you had been at coventry when Chris Holder crashed you would realise that money is not in their mind when they are racing and he certainly risked his life for his team that night.

Rather like my window cleaner then, climbing his ladders in all weathers just so I can have clean windows. If you saw my window cleaner the other week when he fell off his ladder you would realise that he was risking his life purely for my windows that day.

Get real, speedway riders are totally mercenary and will race for whoever offers the most cash and, to a man, do not give a stuff about entertaining anyone.

• Like 8

Surely Matt has forgotten that Chris will be lining up alongside Darcy in Pooles attemp to win the new European League?Or has Matt forgotten about the European League? Or is he going to enter it without Holder and with 2 NL level riders?

Edited by iris123

No reason for him to have done that though as I think he was being rather reckless in the way he rode. How bad Coventry were all last season he could have took his time and got past any of the Bees riders over 4 laps. (Afraid I can't remember exactly who they were.) Terrible crash after he clipped Ward's wheel. :sad:

Rather like my window cleaner then, climbing his ladders in all weathers just so I can have clean windows. If you saw my window cleaner the other week when he fell off his ladder you would realise that he was risking his life purely for my windows that day.

Get real, speedway riders are totally mercenary and will race for whoever offers the most cash and, to a man, do not give a stuff about entertaining anyone.

I would agree most riders are only loyal to their back pocket, i was just making the point that when they are on track they don't think about it, they take risks to win the race for the team, if Poole hadn't needed a heat advantage to win at coventry that night, he would not have been trying so hard to get past Zengota.

Huh ? You Poole types are taking this a bit personally aren't you ?..Ah well..

And i'm perfectly calm thanks.

Can you can get any-more personal than commenting ........... "It's my personal choice to dislike him," Some might think that perhaps there is room for you to improve your bedside manner Doc!

As a matter of interest, please would you care to elaborate on what a "Poole type" is!?

Edited by Poole Quay 7

If he isnt claiming benefits why cant he stay in the UK? Hes contributing to the economy if he lives here so does it matter?

Can you can get any-more personal than commenting ........... "It's my personal choice to dislike him," Some might think that perhaps there is room for you to improve your bedside manner Doc!

Please would you care to elaborate on what a "Poole type" is!?

Blimey...it's the fact you lot are taking it to heart so much.

And as this is a family forum, i'd rather not go into much detail as to what my definition of a Poole type is.

If he isnt claiming benefits why cant he stay in the UK? Hes contributing to the economy if he lives here so does it matter?

Nice in principle but could be slightly open to abuse i would think..

Swap "Aussie speedway rider" for "Polish carpenter" and how many people would be happy with that?

Swap "Aussie speedway rider" for "Polish carpenter" and how many people would be happy with that?

Polish carpenters don't need visas. Australians do.

If, as someone stated, he has a UK partner and child then he may have leave to remain here.

• Like 1