British Speedway Forum

There are quite a few postings on facebook saying that iwade speedway has closed. Has anybody heard anything to confirm this.

Can confirm Sittingbourne Speedway ( Iwade ) has not closed. Their is no on track activity at the moment due to a number of reasons namely a Full Planning application which is going through as we speak, the air-fence issue waiting on the S.C.B. for written clarification, insurance for amateur racing and medical cover during events.

Good luck with all of those problems. I really miss going to the league matches at the old gun site.

Can confirm Sittingbourne Speedway ( Iwade ) has not closed. Their is no on track activity at the moment due to a number of reasons namely a Full Planning application which is going through as we speak, the air-fence issue waiting on the S.C.B. for written clarification, insurance for amateur racing and medical cover during events.

I sincerely hope that all those issues can be resolved since grass roots speedway needs Iwade. It is a brilliant little track, quite technical in nature and situated in a great place.

Best of luck to all involved with resolving the problems.

Is Graham Arnold still running it at Sittingbourne?

Is Graham Arnold still running it at Sittingbourne?

Yes Graham Arnold is still at the helm.

Don't forget all the great volunteers who help run the track and the bacon rolls.!!!!!!

Sounds good. Are they FREE? :o;):party: :party: :party:

Sounds good. Are they FREE? :o;):party: :party: :party:

Its along way for you to travel for bacon rolls, even if they were FREE :party::cheers:

• Like 1

Sincerely hope Iwade overcome all obstacles and keep going - British speedway can't afford to lose any venues, especially ones such as this, where youngsters can learn to ride on the junior track and then develop their skills on the larger track.

It's very important that what Ivor and Barry Thomas created from nothing in the early 70s, and the facilities built up and maintained by Graham Arnold and all the other many volunteers and unsung heroes since then and up to the present day, does not go to waste.

Good luck.

Tony Mac

Edited by tmc
  • Like 4

Does anyone now how long it will take to resolve these issues?

Is there a timescale of when to have the track available again?

Sadly we do not know how long it will take to resolve the issues and if we could give a timescale we would ,but would add it is in everybody's interest to get the track up and running again as soon as possible.This track cannot be lost to the sport under any circumstance and would like to thank those who wish to see it remain open and prosper in the future.

• Like 5

Sadly we do not know how long it will take to resolve the issues and if we could give a timescale we would ,but would add it is in everybody's interest to get the track up and running again as soon as possible.This track cannot be lost to the sport under any circumstance and would like to thank those who wish to see it remain open and prosper in the future.

Good luck to everyone in their endeavours to keep Iwade open.

• Like 2

I can feel an article about this in the next issue of Backtrack coming on...

Whatever we can do to help keep Iwade going.

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone in their endeavours to keep Iwade open.

I know I am going to be shot down in flames, but I did wonder whether the opening of Sittingbourne Speedway, may cause problems for Iwade. Seems a bit of a coincidence to me, although, common sense also says, why should it cause problems?