British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

I think Swindon missed a trick not making S Worrall an asset once they got him in the draft. It's going to hit them hard every time Edinburgh ride on the same night, bit of a farce really.

You may be right and we are certainly going to miss him as he is riding at Edinburgh, too far away for him to ride at Poole in the morning.

Swindon will have two National League riders at reserve whereas Poole have one PL and one NL rider.

I think Swindon missed a trick not making S Worrall an asset once they got him in the draft. It's going to hit them hard every time Edinburgh ride on the same night, bit of a farce really.

Well said. The fact the top league doesnt take priority over the second tier is just more proof to me the whole draft thing is a cost cutting exercise rather than an attempt to bring the kids on.

Newman is going to muller our reserves by half a lap at least. And before the usual Poole muppets come on and say the excuses are starting already thats not the case. This rule protects clubs who have invested in young British riders so got absolutely no problem with Newman riding in every meeting. Its just IMO the Elite should take priority. Worrall is going to miss half our meetings at this rate. The play off places will be decided by who has the least riders missing and thats wrong. This rule will be made to look more and more daft as the season goes on.

• Like 2

Steve would've been mad to have signed for Swindon rather than riding harder races in the Premier League if he would've had the choice.

Fair play to the lad though as he is doing well in all 3 leagues & Swindon will miss him when fixtures clash.

Sorry but is Benji Compton really the best guest we can get?.

That's 10-2 to Poole in the reserves races then.

Both matches are a waste of time unless your a Poole Fan ....two heavy defeats coming Swindon's way . Every year we have raced on the Thursday night before Good Friday and we Have always have had good crowds so why have we changed this one seeing we are going to lose Worrall .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Steve would've been mad to have signed for Swindon rather than riding harder races in the Premier League if he would've had the choice.

Fair play to the lad though as he is doing well in all 3 leagues & Swindon will miss him when fixtures clash.

Sorry but is Benji Compton really the best guest we can get?.

CR there are so many meetings on fri that Swindon is not the only club missing riders under this reserve system, but we are going to feel it in the reserve department.

The rest of the team will need to make up for it.

I agree with orion, with Steve missing fri we should have raced at Swindon thurs.

• Like 1

CR there are so many meetings on fri that Swindon is not the only club missing riders under this reserve system, but we are going to feel it in the reserve department.

I agree with orion, with Steve missing fri we should have raced at Swindon thurs.

The point is thou the whole system as been a set up ..not only did Lakeside and Poole get first pick by be able to used there own riders is also means that they won't miss there meetings ..Double Bubble and no doubt well thought out in advance .

• Like 2

Them perhaps Swindon should have invested for the future with some British kids.

Them perhaps Swindon should have invested for the future with some British kids.

What like all the riders who've come through the Poole system!!!

Would've been much better really to have raced at home on Thursday & feel like some might be put off with the flying Benji guesting for Steve.

Both matches are a waste of time unless your a Poole Fan ....two heavy defeats coming Swindon's way . Every year we have raced on the Thursday night before Good Friday and Have always got good crowds so not why we changed this one seeing we are going to lose Worrall .

Have to agree Orion..

A team's reserves for any given meeting are having much too big an effect on results - and Swindon will miss Worall big time Friday..

Poole to win both at a canter..

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

• Like 1

Just like Poole do. :rofl::rofl:

thats rich coming from a Poole fan who show no development in young brits at all.

• Like 1

Fair play to the lad though as he is doing well in all 3 leagues & Swindon will miss him when fixtures clash.Sorry but is Benji Compton really the best guest we can get?.

Greenwood can certainly beat Smart.

thats rich coming from a Poole fan who show no development in young brits at all.

Conveniently forgetting Poole's partnership with Scunthorpe!!!!!! But I guess if you want to have yet another unjustified pop at Poole, then you will!!!! :mad:

Getting back to the thread, I think these meetings could well be much closer than many seem to think. Poole certainly haven't clicked 100% yet and Friday night will be Poole's first away meeting so we'll see how Magic, Shamek and Vaclav get on - not forgetting Smart of course!!

Edited by Skidder1

Greenwood can certainly beat Smart.

I used to look forward to the battles between Phil Crump vs. Peter Collins & Leigh Adams vs. Jason Crump but you're right what do they matter when you can see Lee Smart vs. Dan Greenwood:-(

Edited by Crazy robin

Conveniently forgetting Poole's partnership with Scunthorpe!!!!!! But I guess if you want to have yet another unjustified pop at Poole, then you will!!!! :mad:

lets have a chat when Poole put Brits into the team (apart from the ones they have to) and maybe i will change my mind.

but for now if you ask anybody that isnt a Poole fan you will get the same answer that Poole do nothing to promote young brits.

Yes the link with Scunthorpe may change that but their treatment of Howarth last year was awful.

But please if you could just single me out as the only person who has said this then great!